In which Sungjong likes something long

Cold

 

Sungjong hummed as he pulled the melon popsicle out of his mouth. Ice desserts in the summer heat always did calm him down. He wasn’t sure if it was the soothing cold they always brought him or the fun of having numb lips that appealed to him so.

“Yah, wait up!” Clearly the leader did not share his sentiments on popsicles. He was eating one but still persisted in being over bearing and ever so annoying.

“Why don’t you just hurry up hyung? It’s not like you’re as old as the fans make you out to be.”

A turn of his heels and he was back in his own world, a world where slow, noisy leaders did not exist. However, a huffing of breaths brought the attention of the younger back to the leader.

“Sometimes I feel as though I could pass for sixty, running after you kids all the time.”

“Well most girls do love a little salt and pepper on top.”

A new voice joined in.                                         

“What girls? Are these girls the same age as your mom? Because I certainly don’t see any my age that appreciate my oldness,” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow.

“Oh you know, girls," Myungsoo waved off Sunggyu's comment. "And age doesn't matter, it's only a number," he paired with a wink. 

“Is this where I slowly back away and realize that you guys are madly in love with each other?” Sungjong interrupted.

“Is our widdle baby jealous?” Sunggyu asked Sungjong.

“Not quite. Disgusted, maybe.”

“We gotta teach him how to share, don’t we?”

Sungjong glared at Sunggyu.

“You start teaching and I’ll start leaving”

“Sharing is caring darling,” Myungsoo sung under his breath, his eyes dancing with mirth.

Fine, if that’s how they wanted it. Sungjong pursed his lips and spun on his heel. Adios hyungs and hello forgotten popsicle. He tried in vain to focus on the cool numbness of his mouth and block out the legs that seem to match his, step for step.

“Why don’t you just follow Sunggyu-hyung home and leave me alone if you like him so much?”

Sungjong glared at the ground in front of him.

“Because I like you better,” Myungsoo paired it with an eye smile.

This glaring thing, Sungjong deemed, wasn’t really working out for him.

"Oh right. Of course. How could I have possibly missed that.”

Deadpanning, he figures might work out better for him. He was a teenager; he could have this mastered within the next hour. Another bite of his popsicle calmed him down; enough that when Myungsoo pulled on his arms, he didn’t punch him.

Not that he could or would. It was always a difficult task to punch people when they were kissing you. He tried. But then, somewhere along the way, between Myungsoo pulling at his arms and on his tongue, his mind sort of melted; much like the popsicle that was slowly being claimed by the summer heat.