The End

Impassive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happiness .

A child discovers happiness when playing with the toys . A mother discovers happiness when she lovingly stares at her offsprings , her family . A lover discovers happiness when the one he or she loves , loves him or her back . You discovered happiness with your two bestfriends and him . Well you couldn't have the latter but you were happy with your bestfriends . You have decided to be happy , for their sake . 

" So , all the plannings done ? " You asked as you sipped on your coffee . " Yup , everything's done . All the invitations have been sent today ." Hana chirped and hugged Suho . " I can't believe you guys are getting married in a month . I'm so happy for you ." You beamed and held their hands . The coffee ordered by Suho appeared on the table with the bill . 

" Oh , Ms.Emily ! " You looked behind you to see your neighbor waving at you . What was he doing at this café ? Of course , he can be here , it's the café in the neighbourhood . It had been a few weeks since Baekhyun moved in . You barely had a conversation with him . You only greeted him a 'hello' and then walked past him . He would sometimes stare at you and maintain eye contact with you , before breaking it and replacing it with a smile . Your heart still skipped a beat whenever he looked at you . Maybe some things never change .

" Hey ." He walked towards you and smiled at you . " I was just here to have coffee when I spotted you . " He explained and sat down on the chair beside you . " They are my friends . He is Suho and you know her , she's Hana . " You introduced him to the couple and he greetd them back . " So Mr. Baekhyun what do you do for a living ?" Suho questioned and leaned in when he did . " I am an author . Currently , I am writing a book on murder mystery ." Baekhyun answered confidently . Suho's mouth formed an 'O' and he nodded his head . 

" Before I forget it , I'm having a housewarming party this weekend . You three need to come ." He announced . " And do bring gifts ." He joked and laughed . After talking for a while , Suho and Hana left you alone with Baekhyun .

" So I guess it's just us ." You stated and realised that it was just stupid on your part to state the obvious . " Yeah ." He breathed and sipped his coffee . He opened his mouth to say something but decided to keep mum . Awkward silence was making you so uncomfortable but something was keeping you fixed in your seat . " Can I ask you something Ms.Emily ? " He played with his fingers and looked at you . You nodded your head in approval .

" Why do you always ignore me ? " So he did know . " I-I don't ignore you ." You lied and immediately looked down . " I just feel like it . Whenever we meet , you just greet and walk past me . Whenever I try to strike up a conversation with you , you just ignore me ." He murmured and pouted making you want to kiss him right then and there . You just looked down not knowing what to say . " You can let me know if I am bother -"

" It's not that .....It's just that you remind me of someone . I had a boyfriend , a robot boyfriend , I loved who left me . You look exactly like him and when I look at you , it feels as if I am looking at him ." There you said it . " Oh ." You could feel the sadness in his voice .

" He must be a jerk to leave a beautiful girl like you alone ." 

" I guess ."

Before you knew it , you were at Baekhyun's house warming party . There were a lot of people . His friend circle was quite large .On the contrary , you were socially awkward . It was difficult for you to approach people and talk to them about anything . That's why except for Suho and Hana , you hadn't made any more friends . 

There was no loud music or chicks just capering around . A soft melody was being played in the background which was quite relaxing . You were warmly welcomed by Baekhyun who introduced you to all his friends . You could only remember some of them like the tall one with cold attitude was Kris and that small kid with no hair was Kyungsoo and the one with cat like eyes and puffy cheeks was Xiumin . You thought that Baekhyun was the only handsome man but HOLY LORD ! you were wrong , his friends were equally handsome and cute like him . They joked around a lot . You were actually having fun this evening . 

Soon , everyone left and you were the only one left behind . You had volunteered to help him clean all the mess everyone had created as he still hadn't got the robots to help him . You were regretting it now as it was hella awkward . You were alone with the most handsome guy in this world ! 

" Thanks Ms.Emily for all the help . I could have done it by myself ...." He awkwardly chuckled and scratched his nape . " It's fine . And stop calling me Ms. Emily . It makes me look older ." You whined . 

Why are you calling me Ms . Emily ? It makes me look older , call me something else .

Baekhyun's eyes widened as he heard that voice in his head . It was happening again . His grip loosened on the cups as he clutched his forehead because of the excruciating pain . He had been having these weird dreams since he moved in here . He always saw you and someone else in his dream . He grabbed the thing near to him , which happened to be his sofa , for support . On seeing him , you kept the plates aside and rushed towards him .

" Are you fine Baekhyun ? " You grabbed his shoulders and looked at him with concern . " Yeah ." He whispered but then he collapsed on you . You were quite surprised and decided to carry him to his room . You carefully placed him on the bed and covered him with the comforter . He was sweating profusely and panting heavily . You brought a wet towel from his bathroom and wiped all the sweat from his forehead .

" Emily ...Emily .." He mumbled in his sleep and you saw his brows corrugated . You were quite surprised that he called your name making you shiver ." I'm here." You whispered and grabbed his hand and with the other hand , touched his brows and pressed them lightly . You observed him while he was sleeping , well it might be creepy ...okay it is creepy but you couldn't help it . He looked so peaceful while sleeping that you wanted to kiss him ,and you did . You leaned in and kissed his forehead . Refusing to let go of your hand , you hand no choice but to sleep there . With your head propped on your left hand , you had a peaceful sleep beside him .

♦          ♦          ♦          ♦          ♦

Will you forget me when you'll go back ?

No , Ms. Emily . I'll try no to

A bright light covered his vision but after rubbing his eyes , everything returned to normal . He definitely has to do something with the windows . Analysing the surroundings , he was still in his room and wearing clothes ( much to his relief ) . He rolled towards his right and found you sleeping soundly . Your lips were a bit parted which made you look cute . As much as Baekhyun felt guilty for letting you sleep like this , he was enjoying watching you sleep . It's not that everyday a beautiful lady will hold your hand and sleep beside you . "Cute ." Baekhyun giggled and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear . He had no choice but to remove your hand from his , his hand immediately feeling cold . You stirred a bit in your sleep and your waist ached from sleeping in that position . Your eyes fluttered open , a bright light evading your vision . " Good Morning ." You squeezed your eyes to get a clear vision of the person sitting beside you . " I'm sorry Ms. Emily for dragging you in this . You must have slept uncomfortably all the night ." His cheeks were coloured pink and he was shyly scratching his nape .

" I-It's fine . I couldn't leave you in when you were not feeling good . How's the pain now ? " You inquired and touched his forehead . " It has left as mysteriously as it had come ." He answered and smiled . 

" Would you like some breakfast ? "

" Sure ."

♦           ♦           ♦          ♦         ♦

" I'm sorry . I-I'm really sorry for -"

" It really is okay . You don't have to apologise ." You coaxed him to stop apologising . Honestly , you had a very sound sleep and loved sleeping beside him . You haven't had such a sound sleep well since he left you .

" But still I'm sorry . I want to make up to you . " He pleaded and you sighed .

" How about a date tomorrow ? At Sky Rose Garden ." He suggested . You had no choice but to agree . " It's decided then . Sky Rose Garden it is ." He smiled at you and hugged you . Your breath hitched . " Thanks for everything ." You could feel his chest vibrate as he spoke . He pulled away from the hug and smiled at you . 

You felt that tingling feeling again . The same warmth and the same comfort . You don't know what was wrong with you , all you knew was that you had a date tomorrow .

Everything was just as beautiful as the first time when you had been here on a date with Baekhyun before . Baekhyun confirmed the reservation with the robot at the reception and walked with you to the table . " Just a second ." He pulled back a chair and motioned you to sit down . You blushed and sat down . It all felt like a déjà vu . The sun was on the verge of setting and today it was a bit quiet . 

After placing your orders , you both just talked . You blabbered on and on about your cruel boss and he told you about the book he was writing . You couldn't help but laugh freely at his hilarious jokes . Soon , the evening was coming to an end . He suggested to watch the sunset before leaving. 

" Are you fine now? " You remembered what had happened yesterday . " Yup . It has happened a lot of times . I don't know why I get these weird dreams . I feel like I have something to do with them ." He explained and sipped his drink ." You should consult Suho about this . He must have answers." You advised . His gaze suddenly fell on the necklace you were wearing . You followed his gaze and looked down at the ornament and smiled . " This necklace was given to me by my robot boyfriend . " He nodded his head and opened his mouth to say something but stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter