someday.

I'll find you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four year old Mina walked alone, searching for anyone to play with in the nearby playground. Her parents had forced her to go outside, not knowing that their girl may be a little shy. It's kind of a mystery as to why they haven't figured it out, but still.

Walking slowly, Mina examines the playground and the other kids there. There was a group of noisy boys, which Mina didn't want to do anything with. There was also a group of girls who looked too mean for Mina's liking. Walking some more, her eyes fixed upon a lonely figure nearby. Upon seeing the lonely girl by the swing set,  Mina walked a little bit faster, smiled, and waved at the girl. "Hi, I'm Mina."

The girl on the swing set looked up and realized that Mina was talking to her. She smiled and waved energetically at Mina as well. "I'm Momo!"

"C-can I, I want to be your friend." Mina hesitates asking at first. It wasn't natural for her to ask these kinds of things. But a week has passed since they moved here, and she was starting to feel lonely.

Momo smiled. "Of course!" Mina moved away from Momo's side and sat on the swing next to Momo's. Both started to push themselves from the ground, in alternating directions.

"How old are you, Minari?"

Mina halts her swing with her feet, and gave Momo a curious look. "Minari?"

"Oh, hehe, I like to give nicknames to people I like." 

"I'm four years old. If you give me a nickname, I'll give you one too!! How about.. Momoring??"

Momo claps her hands, gently, her way to show her happiness. "That sounds nice, and I'm older than you! I'm five!!" She raises her hands and shows a number five.

 

The two girls stayed for hours on the playground, alternating between swing sets, slides and seesaws. Momo smiles at Mina, who were alternating being high up on the seesaw. "It's fun now, I have someone to play in the seesaw with." Mina stopped, and wondered why her new friend had said that. "Are you always alone,  Momoring?"

Momo sighs. "Yeah. The other kids that go here earlier than us don't like me. I don't know why.." She lowers her head and pouts her lips.

"I'm here now! And I like you, Momoring. So don't worry about not having friends!!" Mina assured the older girl, then jumps to lift herself up on the seesaw.

"Really? You like me?"

"Yes~ I'll be your best friend!!"

 

++++++

 

Mina was a kind and loyal girl, and who stayed with Momo, always. Momo was really happy with Mina around, they have promised that they would be always there for each  other, and that they should never be separated by anyone or anything, ever. 

In sleepovers, they would watch princess movies, where the prince would always kiss the princess, and would save her from whatever conflict the movie has. Both wonder why it was always a prince who would save the princess.

 

"Momoring, can't a princess save a princess too?" A now six-year old Mina asked.

Momo nods her head, briefly standing up to throw her seventh empty oreo pack, which Mina has given her, and gently returned to the bed. "And they could marry each other? We haven't seen a movie like that." Mina frowns, rolls nearer to Momo's side of their bed and asks the older girl again. "But we can be like that, right?"

Momo was confused. The older girl doesn't quite get whatever Mina was trying to say. "But we're not princesses." Mina shakes her head in frustration. "Nooooo, I mean we can get married, can we?"

"I don't know, but I'd like to do that with you!"

"They say you need to be girlfriend and boyfriend first before you can get married."

"But we're both girls." They both frown upon realizing this, thinking of a way to solve their little stumbling block. Mina then thinks of a way, her face lighting up. She turned to face Momo, and exicitedly said, "So we can be girlfriends!!"

At this moment, Mina's mother went to check on the two girls, who, at the mention of the two wanting to be girlfriends, disliked the thought and told off the two girls, "Girls, you can't marry each ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter