okay.

I'll find you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world of nerds and cool kids don't collide, they say. The only time these two worlds interact is when the higher and respected group tries to make fun of the lower. Typical high school drama.

 

So, when Momo's food tray just flew across their canteen while hearing irritating laughs and Nayeon's small sobs, Momo considers it as a typical day.

"Hey, stop crying, Nayeon. Let's just go, okay?" Momo caresses Nayeon's back and guides her out of that hellhole also known as their canteen and went back to their classroom.

To Momo, these days are typical, though there is always one thing that seems new to her.

Almost every time that those other students interfere with her and Nayeon's food trays, she'd return to her desk and see Oreos, her favorite, always  alongside a blue sticky note saying 'Fighting, Momo-ya!!' or 'Don't give up, you can do it!'

Whenever Momo and Nayeon arrives and sees these daily random notes and Oreos, Nayeon always questions Momo, though they were both clueless.

"Here, you need to eat more than I do." Momo hands Nayeon the Oreos and folds up the small blue sticky note, slipping the note inside her bag.

Nayeon hesitates, Momo does that every day. She always makes sure that Nayeon eats even a little, and does not care about herself. "What about you?"

Momo sighs, "I'm fine." Those notes keep me going, I think. I can do this.

Assured by her best— and only friend, Nayeon eventually gives in, Nayeon takes the small pack of Oreos, and proceeds to eat it.

"But, don't you ever wonder who sends you these?"

"Eh, maybe some people still have good souls in this school."

"You're the only good soul I know. Thank you, Momo."

 

She doesn't know who sends her these, as far as she's known, Nayeon is her only friend in the whole school. Besides, who would ever want to be a friend of hers? Despite this, she doesn't try to find out who gives her all of these, considering that they were being picked at almost every day.

Though she didn't try, she wanted to know, and she wanted to tell that person how much these keep her going.

"Nayeon,"

"What would you do if you cared for someone so unreachable?"

 

++++++

 

The day before, Mina didn't come to class, all because of a slight fever. Having a fragile form, her parents let her rest at home. Whenever she'd had 
even the smallest of illnesses, her parents would overdo and would always tell her to rest, not paying attention to Mina's whines of being behind in lectures and activities.

Though as these times go by, she was able to keep up with the class. Not because of Sana and Jihyo, those two only cared about their reputation, and even though Mina were good friends with them and is part of their group, she still has her own ways, own goals, and own life.

 

She was able to keep up with the class because apparently, someone always takes the effort to list activities, notes, and lectures for her whenever she doesn't come to class.

"Who do you think does that for you?" Sana asks Mina, when she pulls out the small piece of paper from her locker, with all lectures and notes listed for the day she was absent.

Mina wonders as well, but was worried she'd look pathetic if she were to find who the sender was. She wanted to thank whoever it was for doing this very appreciated act of kindness to her.

Jihyo butts in, "I think it's one of her admirers." 

Shaking her head, Sana disagrees, "I don't think so. All of our admirers are es, they think they can get to our level. I don't think they have time to do things like that." Mina notices the emphasis of 'our level' like they were royalty.

Mina doesn't think so, strongly believing that this kind of living isn't fair. As the smartest of the three, since then, she has strongly made the resolution to not join their almost daily interfering with the lives of the weak kids.

 

Especially if she admires one of those weak kids.

 

Mina takes her books, and waves goodbye to her friends and heads for their classroom.

The classroom was empty, as always every lunch break. Mina has been aware of this, and takes this as an opportunity to complete her only daily task.

She takes out a pack of Oreos and writes a motivating message on a blue note, and rapidly walks and places it on the desk of the girl she wants to talk to for so long.

Mina slowly walks away from the desk, while stares at the paper filled with notes and activities that she needs to complete. Staring at it a little bit more, she realizes that the handwriting of whoever does it is too cute and soft for a guy to write. 

Glancing at the bottom right corner of the paper, there was this printed little pink heart that was always present whenever the mystery person gives her the notes.

 

It must be a girl from her class. This information Mina has obtained somehow  made something, though unidentified, light up inside of her.

She smiles at the first person that came into her mind, thinking about who the mystery person might be. She shakes her head afterwards, everyone is intimidated by them, and Mina's starting to think that this way of living on top of the school's hierarchy was starting to be inconvenient for her.

Still though, Mina hopes that it was that first person that came into her mind. Glancing at her right hand, she sees her blue ring placed snugly on her pinky finger. She smiles, and picks up her books. Mina folds the paper and went out of the room. She's still got a lot to do.

 

++++++

 

This had been consistently going on for a few months, and now, Momo is actually determined to find and know whoever it is. Before their lunch break, Momo asks Nayeon for the nth time. "You really don't have any clue on who it is?"

"I told you, you're the only one I hang out with. How on earth would I know?"

"I really want to know who it is!"

"Why?"

"I want to thank her."

Nayeon tilts her head sideways, "Her? How are you so sure?"

"The way of handwriting is cute, no way a guy would write this, to be honest, no guy would do this, for me anyways."

"If you say so."

Momo shrugs, and just before the bell rings, she writes on a yellow sticky note, and gently sticks it on top of her desk.

'I want to know who you are.'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter