I. Chem-is-try?

Teacher, Can I Have a Kiss?

“WEEKEND!”The redhead yelled as the teacher left the class. She pumped her fist to the air, making some of the students who happened to still in the class turned their attention at her, she didn’t care, in fact she never care of such a thing.

A raspberry red line was now already  adorned the tanned skin of Kwon Yuri and thanks to Tiffany Hwang for screaming like a dolphin when she was going to fix her makeup. She wiped the line with a tissue before glaring at Tiffany then put the mirror back to her wallet. "What the hell, Tiff! You don't have to yell like that!" The redhead just gave a goofy smile as she sat beside the tanned girl.

“Ahh, my parents went off again this week. .” Taeyeon slumped her back to the chair, making a loud sigh as she pulled her hair in frustrations.

"Should we go shopping till night?" the question of Kwon Yuri immediately made her friends grinned, shopping have been their hobby which is actually made them 'besties' in the first place.

The doe eyed girl who was just playing with her pen just now immediately hung her bag on her shoulder and stood up. Her lips curved into a beautiful smile as she heard the word 'shopping'. Im Yoona is a good girl, she came from a wealthy family that unfortunately never there for her. And being with her best friends is the only thing she treasures most.

“Mmm, Yoona, where are you going?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows. Looking at the doe-eyed girl with a confused look.

“Mall of course,Weekend,Shopping,our plan,remember?Yuri unnie said it just now” Yoona answered firmly,

“Don’t you have an extra lesson after school?” Taeyeon reminded her which successfully made Yoona's face darkened. She's not the smartest student and not the dumbest student either, her grade is enough to make her to be called a good student. But this one subject is what-she-calls-eternal-enemy since she was in junior high school. Chemistry is definitely not her forte. And she always looks from the bottom of chemistry test result paper to find her name, because it's easier that way. She hates chemistry from the core of her heart but unluckily for her, she has to meet this enemy till the end of her study since she already took Science as her major.

“Owww. .come on,guys. . .i can skip it once! i won't die with one more 'D' on my Chemistry mark report” She grinned and walked towards the door, giving them come-with-me face.

“Where do you think you are going, Im Yoona?”a tall handsome man appeared behind the door. Their jaw dropped as he walked closer to yoona. His black eyes looking straight into yoona’s. The glasses perfectly framed his cold stares and a white coat he wore made his broad shoulders looks so firm. He kept walking towards her with both hands inside the coat’s pokets.At this time,Yoona swore she really wants to runaway but his devilish straight face sent her shivers down to her spines and made her rooted to the ground. Leaving her stood there like a statue.

“I..i,”she silently cursed her tongue for not being able to response her brain.

“I told you right? you must attend an extra lesson until the end of this semester” he stopped right in front of her. Now she realized how tall he is from the way her height was just right about his chest. He fixed his glasses position with his index finger as he spoke another words

“you forgot? what a poor memory you have”

She felt her feet weakened as he looked at her straight into her eyes, as if he tried to pierce her soul. A cold hearted person, who has no expression. That is her chemist teacher. His genius brain was filled with molecule’s formulas and compounds. Choi Minho, 24 years old,a bachelor.


there’s nothing worse than having a scary chemistry maniac teacher who has no heart looking traight into her eyes like a devil and his prey. . wait, as she thought about it, she knew what’s worse. .

She have to be with him till the end of this semester.

God, save me . .she silently prayed.

~~~

 

She opened the chemist lab’s door and peeked inside. It was so quiet and no one was there. She looked around and that damn teacher was nowhere to be found.
 

“Come in and sit” Suddenly a deep voice startled her. She looked carefully at the big arm chair in front of the window. She couldn’t see that person since it was facing the window.

Maybe he has a supernatural power. . this thought lingered around her mind.

“Stop thinking some nonsense and just come in” he spoke again.

Now she’s sure he could read people’s mind. Of course he has it, he is a freak after all. .

She stepped inside and sat in front of him. He turned his chair and faced her. There’s an awkward silent for a moment. He just kept writing some words as his eyes scanning the book on his lap. Yoona had never liked silence, yet she hates talking to him. But she determined to finish it as quickly as possible because she didn’t want to die due to excessive stress of Chemistry.

“Songsaenim, Why am i the only one here?”she decided to speak up, forgetting her pride for starting the conversation and for calling him a teacher. Well, she’s taught to respect others since she was young.

“Because you got the worst mark, you forgot it again? What a memory you have, Im Yoona” he simply answered without even looking at her. She felt like there’s a big hammer hit her head. Her anger slowly crept her body. what the hell with those words? Is he saying that she’s stupid?

Damn respect!

“I’m going! I feel pity to the genius teacher if he has to spend his precious time teaching a stupid student like me” she stood up, gripping her bag tightly and turned to walk away.

“Im Yoona, wait!” the devil inside her was smirking as she kept stepping her feet away from him. Noone ever dare to make Im Yoona angry, he will surely apologies for saying such a rude word to her since his father is one of the biggest donator in this school.

Yes,damn teacher,you should be feeling sorr-

 

BRUKK!!

Her feet slipped which made her fell down and rolling around on the floor.She rubbed her buts in pain as she winched.

“I spilled a solution there,be careful,it’s slippery” he said innocently.

“Oh,sorry,late” he added without expression. She immediately stood up,tidy up her skirt before glaring at him.She turned and walked towards the back door.

 

“and,Im Yoona. .”

 

BRAKKK!!

Her feet tripped because of something.
“I put a sulfur solution for the experiment there, don’t spill it” he said calmly. She looked at the yellow liquid spilled on the floor.

“Ahh, what a pity” he simply responded as he glanced at the already spilled liquid.

Somebody kill me!!


“Okay,if you’re ready,we will start the lesson” he said. She ended up sitting there, trapped in the same place as him. With these mysterious colorful chemicals solutions and a bunch of books in front of her. She shouldn’t threat him with saying she will report him to her father because the genius Choi Minho would surely garbled it and as expected, he won. She glanced to her wrist watch and then to the door. Her brain slowly working to arrange a scenario of excuses.

“Don’t you ever think to escape. Use your brain to learn this subject. I won’t show you any mercy,Im Yoona. So prepare yourself” he threaten her. She swore his ability to guess people mind is really creepy. It’s even creepier because Sehun couldn’t even guess her mind without looking at her expressions.

~~~

 

Noona,you should tell me when you have an extra lessonthe boy who was standing in front of the gate said as soon as he saw yoona walked like a walking dead with her head hung low.

“okay,okay,i’m sorry” she hopped on the younger’s motorcycle and grabbed the helmet he was holding, without even glancing at the confused boy.

She looked up,looking at the boy who has the same complexion as her “don’t you want to go home?” and without even saying any words, he hopped on his ride. Start the engine and dashed away.

Sehun always know when something was wrong with his older sister,because living with her for almost whole of his life,he could easily tells with looking at her eyes. he followed her into her room which happen to be next to his. He stood on the door,leaning himself on the door frame as he watched her lovely sister threw herself on the bed.

“Which boy this time?”

Yoona lazily slide herself down of the bed. “This one really pissed me off,cold as an iceberg”

Sehun knew this stupid habit of her sister and her bestfriends. Making bet to ‘domesticate’ the wild boys in their school. Mostly she accept the bet because she wants to look for attention that she coudn’t get from their parents. And Sehun didn’t know why he always agree to help her out.

“You know,a touch of woman never fails”

That’s it. she will use that way.

She immediately jumped and hugged her little brother tightly. “Sure you are one and my only lovely little brother,Sehun”

Sehun just shook his head,watching her sister busy ‘exploring’ her wardrobe. “make sure not to fall in love with this one,Okay?”

~~~

 

ZRAKKK!! Yoona opened the door.

“Im Yoona,you’re late” Minho turned as he heard the door being opened. Keeping his cold stares at the newly arrived student which was should be there forty minutes ago.

“I am sorry,songsaenim. .”she apologized. She leaned to the door, smiling seductively.
She had the upper button of her blouse opened with the ‘shorter than usual’ skirt that show her long legs. Her long eyelashes and the baby blue shades on her eyelids framed her doe eyes like perfectly. The thin red stain on her lips barely noticeable, but he could see clearly that it was redder than usual.

“Because, you are really kind to me, so i put an extra make up for you” She walked towards him who just stood there, with of course his usual cold expression. A smirked formed on her plump lips, slowly reaching the collar of his white coat and suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck. She tip toed to have the same eye level as him, pulling herself up as her toes hold her up and He let her pressed herself against him.

She opened , saying some words that almost sounds like a whisper. “Songsaenim. . .can i ask something?”


“Do you have any girlfriend?”Yoona asked without even waiting for his answer, She played with his hair. Tangling it between her fingers.


“Do you have an interest in school girl?” Now her hands moved to touch his ear.

 

TUK!

 Suddenly Minho put a chemical glass on her head.

“That’s ammonia” He simply said.“I don’t have any interest towards living things” he continued coldly as he pushed her shoulder down, making the girl released her grips around his neck and back to her original height.

“I’m just interested in molecule orbital methods and molecule’s dynamics. I also like free radicals, Lewis’s theory of electron, bifilar ratio law from Dalton, Avogadro’s theory, and the other’s theory that important for me. In the carbonyl’s  group or methyl’s group the ability of (bla bla bla)”Minho explained without even looking at dumbfounded Yoona.

 

34.


“Hey,Im Yoona. . .how did you get this mark? it’s junior high school’s lesson” he said looking at the three and four number on the test papers with a pity face. Just like a de ja vu, she was there again. Feeling hopeless as her already well prepared plan totally failed.


She placed her head on the table, feeling dizzy and exhausted after doing some test that he gave her. She felt like her head is going to explode in any minute form thinking the answers.

“Just kill me. . .kill. . ”She whined.
He sighed, maybe he gave her too much test today. “This element’s symbol is very easy. What element that is lighter than Hydrogen?” he asked.

“Hemoglobin!!” She answered confidently. He shook his head. Or maybe she’s just too stupid to answer these questions.

“Why don’t you like chemistry, Im Yoona?” he asked looking right at her.
“Because it’s not interesting and boring, it’s all about formula,formula,and more formulas ”she replied honestly, holding her head to make it as if it’s going to make her head explode just with saying the word ‘formula’.


“Hhh. .wait here” he stood up and went to the shelf. He seemed to look for something, his eyes carefully scanned the well organized glass tubes.

He came back holding an Erlenmeyer’s tube with a flower inside it and then put it on the Bunsen.
“Look at it”

She followed his order, looking at the flower inside.

“nothing happened!”she pursed her lips. But suddenly ,a white thing slowly appeared and fell on to the flower.

“wuoooohh! It’s beautiful! There’re snow inside it!” she squealed as the white ‘snow’ slowly covering the red petals of the flower.

“It’s because of chemical’s reaction. If you heat benzoate acid, it will evaporate. If it’s refrigerent, it will back to its form. It’s called sublimation, it’s also happened in dry ice (bla bla bla)” She could care less about what he was preaching right now, because she was totally immersed at what she was looking right now.

“Based on the type and it’s mass, a compound can have different reactions. It will be so fun if you know about chemistry. More you know, more you like. .then, you will want to know, more. .and more. .”

More i know. . more i . . .like?

“You want to know more about it,right Im yoona?” she looked up. Her eyes widen as she saw the corner of his lips curved into a beautiful smile. he smiled at her, he showed a different image of him. It was a really pure smile,a smile that come from the heart. Yoona knew it because you might fake a smile,but your eyes will tell you everything.


Then. .why do i feel this strange feeling??

“I,i want. .”she answered,but it sounds like a whisper.

“Maybe. .” this time she said it louder.

No,not only about chemistry. .but also about you,songsaenim. .

“Good girl”he touched the top of her head.

Please. .don’t smile like that. .

 

~~~