II. Falling Down

Teacher, Can I Have a Kiss?

“Songsaenim!I want to ask!what is your favorite food? and how about your hobbies? Oh, animal! What animal do you like? Mmm. .what do you do on your holiday?” Yoona asked excitedly  as  soon as she entered the lab while Minho who was sitting on his usual arm chair just kept reading his book without even taking a glance towards the exited girl in front of him.

“Songsaenim!”She yelled as she took the book from his hand. Hiding it behind her back.

“Okay,so. .what’s your question?”Minho asked coldly as he fixed his glasses position.

“I ALREADY ASKED IT!”she yelled again,pulling her hair in frustration.

The cold faced teacher just shook his head, straighten his long legs under the table and put his hands on the table to hold his chin “Hhh,Im Yoona. . you really can’t concentrate. .just finished all the materials for today and ask me when you are confused.”He took another book from the shelf beside him and read it back.

“If you can finish that,i will answer one of your questions”he added.

“ok!!”Yoona answered confidently.

The sounds of the wooden clock on the wall pierced her attention,she glanced and sighed,an hour had already passed,


“Finished. . .”yoona whined. Placing her head on the bunch of the test papers.

“Hmm, even though there’re so many mistakes, but it’s better than yesterday” Minho said, flipping the almost crumpled papers on his hands(which is actually doesn’t look like a paper anymore, almost like a crumpling paper ball Yuri used to throw at Tiffany).

“Songsaenim, I can ask now,right? What’s your favorite type?” Yoona immediately shots up,sitting straightly as her fingers tapped the table impatiently.

“My favorite type is glycerin” he replied shortly.

“Tsk,what a stupid way to dodge” she mumbled under her breath, but it’s audible enough for him to catch what she was saying.

“OK! I will change the question then! What’s your favorite food?”She asked again.
He put his thumb on his chin. Thinking about the answer he has to say “Mmm,i like fish and stewed food” he answered.

Yoona’s face lightened up. “You’re like my grandmother” She laughed.
 

“Shut up,Im Yoona, you disgraced a man’s pride ” He mocked.

~~~

Sehun never see his sister trying so hard to win the bet, she wouldn’t even spend any cent to style her hair in order to approach that ‘victim’. And yet it’s been a few weeks since he saw her sister coming home with a bunch of shopping bag full of beauty treatment products. And much to his horror, he saw her sister wandering around the kitchen this morning. Im Yoona and The kitchen is one of the legendary stories in their mansion. Ever since the tragedy of The accursed chicken soup that made him stayed at home for three days (not to mention the diagnose doctor Kim gave is ptomaine poisoning),Yoona always distant herself from cooking. But today was a really extraordinary (actually Sehun thought the word ‘bizarre’ is more suitable) day, as usual he woke up  around 6.30 and he found her grappled with meat knife and something he assumed as ‘mullet’ or something that will looks like it when the pieces were united.

He backed up himself, observing her from behind the rattan partition. He had these two options of assumptions.

Maybe she had gone crazy

He kept repeating the words again and again. Yes,she must be.

Or maybe she had fallen in love

Sehun likes the first option better, if she really had gone crazy, noone’s gonna hurt. But when it comes to the second option, everybody’s gonna hurt.

He slipped silently back to his room, getting ready for school. Yoona was standing in front of his door,ready to bang his door from being such a slow prick when he opened the door.

“You scared me!”he snapped.

She punched his flat stomach hard,making him winched as he gave her ‘what the hell was that for’ look. “i’ve been calling you like thirty times already! come on!i almost late for my chemistry experiment!” she shoved a box of sandwich she had prepared for him on his arms and walked towards the door with another box of lunch for herself.

Sehun realized two things that’s more extraordinary than ‘Yoona and The Kitchen’. First, Yoona never make either bring lunch to school. And second, Yoona was worrying about being late for her ‘Chemistry Experiment’, he was expecting ‘i will skip that damn experiment, let’s go somewhere’ or a simple ‘Chem. ’ comment as usual.

~~~

ZRAAAAKK!!

Now he used to that harsh sound of the sliding door, and he doesn’t need to see who’s coming because he could guess it easily that it was Im Yoona. “Songsaenim,did you have lunch?”

He looked up, closing his book and glanced to the clock. “Oh, it’s about the time”

“So did you?” she walked closer as she tried not to spill the box she was holding behind her back.

She grinned ear to ear as he shook his head. She placed the box in front of him, earning a confused look on his handsome face. “What is this?”

“You said you live alone don’t you? so i think you won’t be having time to make a lunch. and then,i made this lunch for you, it’s fish and stewed veggies” she smiled,waiting for his response. But then she noticed the bored expression that he used to show when she forget to bring her homework. “What’s wrong,Songsaenim?”

“wait, did you cook this at home?”

She excitedly open the box,maybe he couldn’t believe that she could make a lunch. “Of course!i made it myself! I even choose the fish on my own,you will be surprised when you saw-. . .it?”

It was such an unpleasant sight, the veggies and the fish mixed up. It’s mushy and sticky. Yoona really wants to hang herself or jumped out of a cliff right now. maybe she shouldn’t make it, ‘The accursed chicken soup’ should have been a lesson for her.

“As expected” he said .

“Why did it turn out like this?” she closed the lid back as she embarrassingly take it back.

“Fish contains lots of Palmitate acid, that’s why it turned out like that”

She glanced at the box beside him(that she noticed just now). a well being lunch contains of rice, tempura, salads, and omelet. It was way too far from her ‘disaster’ home made lunch. “Di-did you make it your. .Self?”

“yes, why?”

Like a hundred swords stabbed her chest, for the first time in her life, she’s ashamed of being a woman. She really thought he was a perfect human being. She walked away with a tragic expression as the perfect lunch he made haunted her mind. “Ne-nevermind,i will come another time. .”

“I asked you about your favorite food once, because i think i could make it for you. .but it turned out tha-”

“Im Yoona,wait”

He stood up, took a bunsen and chemical glasses from the upper shelf. Pouring down the almost looks like a porridge food from her lunch box(which she insist of throwing away that food but then he snatched it without even saying anything) into the chemical glasses that’s already on top of the bunsen.

The smokes and bubbles coming out of the already warmed up food. She just stood there,watching whatever he was doing right now with a concerned look.

“Songsaenim,it’s really fine.yo-you don’t have to ea-”

Gulp.

“Not as bad as it looks”

“You might have an stomachache later. .”her memories recalled to the time when she ‘accidentally’ made Sehun lied on the bed for three days.

“Don’t worry,try this” he shoved the the chopsticks into as that piece of fish disappeared in it. “tasty, right?”

It’s an indirect kiss,isn’t it? she felt the heat crept up her cheeks as she stared at the chopsticks he(and she) just used. She swallowed the food hard out of the shock.

“But it’s a equipments misapplication. So don’t tell anyone,okay?” he put his index finger in front of his lips,indicating her to sealed from saying anything about this. She swore he must have been noticing her blushing hard. Immediately she stood up.

“Song-songsaenim,do you mind to eat my food again next time?”

.

.

He chuckled, as his eyes curved into an eye smile and the corner of his lips pulled up.

“But stewed food would be troublesome, right?”

Songsaenim. . .

Is this palpitation . . . also a chemical reaction?

~~~

53.

64.

She glanced proudly at the two paper test in front of her. “Question of the day! ‘What is your favorite animal’ ?”

“Rabbit” he answered without hesitation. She covered , suppressing the urge to laugh at his answer. Just imagining the super realistic chemistry maniac saying his favorite animal is rabbit, could make her laughing all day. And now that he really said it, she couldn’t hold it any longer.

“Don’t laugh ,Im Yoona” he scoffed.

She realized that she didn’t know anything about him before this. She didn’t know that he likes to watch romantic movie, doing house works, even has a trauma with frog dissection. little by little,she knew about him. And wanted to know more,and more. She might be letting herself fell deeper,but she doesn’t want to care about it now. at least for this time,she wants it just like as it is.

.

“Im Yoona,i’m sorry. The meeting took longer than i thought” no answer.

He found her there,leaning her upper body on the table as her arms folded under her head. The papers were spread out on the table, some even on the floor. He carefully picked them all,not wanting to wake the brown haired girl. “You’ve done them all”

The sky was getting darker, but he kept flipping the book pages without even bothered to check the time.

He will wait.

She stirred,slowly blinking her eyes before realizing that it was already dark. But he was there,sitting in front of her,with his legs folded on the chair. His eyes were busy scanning the pages on his palms.

Eh?. .Di-did he wait for me?

“Song-Songsaenim,why are you here?you could just left after checking my works.it’s already late!” she stood up,pointing at the black sky through the glass windows. Sehun must be freaking out right now since she didn’t contact him.

“What’s your question?”

“eh?”

He slammed the pages together carefully and  fix his glasses position. Staring at her with that calm shady gazes.

“Question of the day from Im Yoona”

So he really waited for me. . he waited till this late just for her question. She didn’t know what she has to feel. Her doe-eyes like widened as his big warm hand reached the top of her head. It was bigger and warmer than sehun’s,almost feels like her father’s (eventhough she’s not sure if she still remember how his father’s hand felt).

“You’ve answered all of the questions really well. . .good job,Im Yoona” his hands moved slowly,ruffling her messy bangs. It felt so nice,his touch. She closed her eyes as she squirmed on his palm,making his hand moved to the side of her head. She doesn’t care anymore if he noticed the rosy(maybe more like bright red) shades on her cheeks,she just wanted to feel his touch.

He slided down his hand as his fingers softly tangled the curls on her side

“Im Yoona,you are like a rabbit”

He likes rabbit..

She was dumfounded,she found it’s really hard to breath. The heat was filling up her chest,the thumps inside her was too fast that she couldn’t even hear her own breath.

If that so. .

“Question of the day. . .Songsaenim,what kind of rabbit. .do you like?”

“hmm. . .let me see. .” he put his thumb on his chin,the habit that Yoona found was really amusing to watch.

.

.

.

“Brown fur,soft,round eyes. . . a little bit spoiled”

“but likes to work hard. .”

.

.

.

She’s already fell down the bottom,she might not be able to climb up anymore.

~~~

Firstly,i’m really really really sorry for not updating like a decade already. .

School is killing me and i barely had time to write my stories,

Secondly,I’m going to revamp all my stories. .maybe you noticed some changes in this story,no,i’m not going to change the main characters. .i mean like ‘the style’. .because it’s not going to be that long,maybe around 5 or 7 chapters(?) So i won’t add too many characters and it will focused on Minyoon’s relationship (and i put Sehun into this story~ that boy's charm just too much too handle).I haven't make a poster for this one,so. .maybe it's going to be a bit(?) late. .or maybe you are willing to make one for me? keke.

Thirdly,  Thank you,thank you and thank you for supporting this story. .(i should’ve put this as first) since i’m still new to this kind of thing,i’m not really confident with my self,but you guys are just sooooo amazing,your nice comments gave me a boost of confidence and i will try my best to update and finish this story as fast as i could, (the next chap is coming. .probably i’m going to update it the day after tomorrow,please look forwards to it~)

                                                                          Chu~

                                                                                      DC