Date(s)

Paper Planes (discontinued until further notice)

[Day Twenty-Six]

"Eunha!" Sojung shouted and waved to the small girl who was sitting alone on the swing before jogging towards her. Oh god.. how can someone look so fashionable during winter? Everyone looks like a potato in winter... Eunha shyly smiled, waiting for Sojung to reach her.

"Oh? You got something for me?" Sojung enthusiatically asked when she saw the flowers laying on the swing. Eunha snapped out from staring at the goddness and nodded her head before turing around and grabbing the flowers. A bunch of violet flowers. Aster flowers to be exact. With both trembling hands cupping the bunch of stalks, Eunha momentary felt like an elementary kid asking someone out for a date. Her heart was pounding tremendously and she was still thankful that the bunch of flowers hadn't drop onto the ground. If it did, Eunha would have totally dig up a hole at the park and bury herself in it for fear Sojung might laugh and mock her for her failed attempt. She carefully lifted the flowers, indicating that it was for Sojung.

Sojung eyes lit up and immediately took it. Her smile was so wide that Eunha saw that there was a small dimple on her chin. I didn't know that... A mental note Eunha made sure to remember. Sojung was about to sniff the flowers when she saw a paper plane in the bunch of flowers. She used a hand to take it out carefully, making sure in process she did not tear the paper plane or the flowers. At the corner of her eye, she saw Eunha looking at her expectantly, as if she was a kid asking her mom for permission to go out and play.

I took a few hours to choose this bunch of Aster. Violet is the colour of this flower and it signifies how much you like a person. I meant to buy a bouquet of Aster, but the shop had ran out... i only manage to get what was left. But its okay because this shows that i would love you until the last flower dies. I picked it from a drama in case you found this line so familiar. Haizz... i ran out of creativity.. 

The colour of this flower is almost the same as your hair colour, it reminded me of you the moment i saw it. Ahahaha.. am i too cheesy?

Sojung grinned widely and folded the paper plane back carefully, and slipped it inside the bunch of flowers. She then look up to find Eunha's cheeks red and giggled. The heaveanly noise that was coming out from Sojung's mouth made Eunha look up with jaws dropping. Such an unbelieveable and intoxicating laughter she has... i'm gonna fall deeper into that love hole i swear.. 

***

They had a moment of brief eye contact. 

***

Thump. Thump.

Why am i feeling like this?

The feeling is weird.

But warm.

***

Silence engulfed them as they sipped on their coffee and took a small bite of cake. Violet cake to be exact. 

The silence was suffocating and they both noticed, but none wantes to break the silence. Well, its not like Eunha could talk and Sojung wanted Eunha to start a conversation. She wanted to see what Eunha wanted to ask since the latter had been furiously typing and most probably erasing a hundered questions she typed out at the start.

While Eunha furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at the screen, Sojung could not help but stare at her features. Her eyes trailed to those cheeks that were puffed out due to frustration of her inability to form a question to ask. Mochiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... such fluffiness is going to kill me! Sojung thought. She had to resist the urge to stretch her long arms and pinch those cute cheeks. 

Say something.. i can't seem to think of what to ask.

The Iphone 5 screen showed. "I waited long enough." Sojung smiled. "Aren't you curious about me?" 

Eunha nodded her head, lowering her phone, curious eyes waiting for Sojung to continue her sentences. "Ask anything then. I would share with you. But in return, you should tell me about you. I need to know about me secret admire if she is going to chase my heart right?" Sojung said, a smile never leaving her face. Eunha nodded her head so quickly that Sojung quickly shot her hand to Eunha's head and held it in place. "I don't want your head to snap off ya?" 

Whipping her phone out from her pocket again, Eunha hastily typed using her small thumbs. Why is everything about her small? Its too cute... Its such a blessing to have a secret admire that is cute, and also caring. 

How old are you?

What are you doing now?

What is your favourite food, drinks and snacks?

Past love life?

What is the happiest moment of life?

And why are you so good-looking? Mind sharing me your beauty tips on how to keep your unblemished face?

The bright white screen flashed in front of Sojung's face as she sipped on her warm coffee. Not that hot, neither was it that cold. That was how Sojung would describe her heart at that moment.  "I'm 23 years old. I'm not doing much now, just staying in a hotel nearby because i did not want to take over my father's business and he pratically disowned me until i go back home and vow that i would take over his company. The point is, i don't like what he is doing. Thus, i left house. I'm still looking for a job to survive. I do hope i get into the modelling job that i applied. Use my height as an advantage... Owch!" A slap was given to Sojung on her arms. She rubbed the sore part and look at Eunha who crossed her arms and glared at Sojung.

"Oops.. sorry.." Sojung apologised and rubbed her neck embarassed.

"Anyways, My favourite food is korean food, any korean food is fine. Drinks is water... and snacks is ice cream of course. As for my love life, well i dated quite a few boys and girls, but it didn't last for long anyways. School work and personal life was what dragged us away from each other.

"The happiest moment of my life.. hmm.." Sojung trailed off as she wrecked her brain to find one. Sojung admitted, she never felt happy in that house that she grew up. She frowned when she found none that made her truly happy. 

Except one. 

And that made her smile, her chin dimple once showing again.

Her heart pounded.

"I know! It's you!" Sojung exclaimed and pointed her fingers at Eunha. Puzzled, Eunha pointed at herself as if to ask, 'me?' Sojung bobbed her head in excitement. "Yes, you Eunha! You make me happy whenever you sent me those paper planes. It comforted me after a long day, and thrilled my cold heart in the middle of winter. I will truthfully admit, i loved going to park because i knew that there was someone willing to warm my cold and weary heart.

"And, I there is only one beauty tip i need to tell you. Love yourself, love who you are and love the way your parents gave birth to you." Sojung ended but panicked when she saw Eunha dripped a tear. "H-Hey, w-what's wrong? T-Tell me-e!"

Eunha was touched by what Sojung had said. No one had ever told her that they loved her presence. Everyone whom she loved all avoided her as if she was a plague. A dirty shameless virus they say. Eunha acknowledge that she was not wanted in this society, not looked upon in this world, it hurt her of course, but as time went by, she got use to the negative words her one-sided lovers would say. In that moment, Eunha saw something in Sojung that was not present in all her other lovers. Compassion. The sincerity to spent time with her. How can there be such human on earth? She is too good to be in this cruel world. 

A warm touch on Eunha's cheek jolted her back to her senses. It was Sojung wiping her thumb over Eunha's precious tears. Embarassed, Eunha quickly erase any traces of tears before smiling. She quickly grabbed her phone and typed something before flashing the bright screen infront of Sojung. I'm sorry for crying. Ah.. i'm so emabrassed. Its just that your words really strucked me. Sojung smiled back, indictating that she didn't mind if Eunha cried. "So... 'bout you? It's my turn to ask.

"How old are you? What do you do?"

21 years old, a fresh graduate. I'm also looking for a job right now.. but no one wants to employ me because i'm mute.  *sighs* I know my parents are earning enough money for our entire family, but isn't it great to also chip in and contribute for my family? I want to pay them back for the effort they invest in me.. hopefully i can bring them on a tour with my own money.

Sowon sighed. Why is the world so cruel? Why don't they give chance to people who are disabled? Sensing the brood aura coming from Eunha, Sojung took her hand without thinking and rubbed it. "It's okay. You would find one real soon!" Eunha was tensed at the surprise skinship, but soon relaxed when it warmed her body. 

"Let's get outta here?" Sojung suggested. Eunha nodded her head because the strong coffe smell that attacked her nose was starting to be irritating. Putting on their coats again, Eunha smoothly slipped her hands into Sojung's and tightened her grip. To be very honest, She was afraid that once they stepped out of that cafe, Sojung would leave her after this date because she thinks that Eunha is too boring for her liking. By gripping on to Sojung's hand, it gave her a moment of happiness before she prepared for Sojung's departure from her completely.

Sojung didn't mind the sudden warmth in her hands, as a matter of fact, she enjoyed it. The warmth from their hands slowly spreaded to her body, defending her towering figure from the icy January winter. Both of them, with interlocked hands, braved through the numbing weather, heading to wherever their legs took them too in comfortable silence, only occasional random talks from Sojung telling Eunha jokes which made the latter giggle and that was something Sojung was addictted to Eunha. 

Sojung notted. Eunha giggling was probably the best music in the world she could hear. It purified her ears and in that moment, all Sojung could hear was the heavenly sound coming from Eunha. As they walked through the judgemental world, none of them minded anyone else, in that instance it was only both of them, knowing each other better and unknowingly getting more attracted to each other.

Sojung recongised that familiar mellowness currently spreading around her body. From her past experiences, she could understand what it meant. Heol... am i starting to be in love her? We just met a day ago and i am already in love with her? What the- it's impossible right? She just started chasing my heart yesterday and i am already- Jung Eunha, what powers do you have?

***

They ended up heading to the park where they first met. Sitting on the swings, transquility surrounded them, their interwined hands never left each other. Gently swinging, Eunha turned to face Sojung who was finding interest towards the ground, her eyes caught that sharp jawline Sojung had which she didn't know. I guess when seeing a deity up close is so much better than looking from afar. The little details on her face which i could not see from far... it's really pretty. 

"What are you looking at?" Sojung's clear voice made Eunha regain her senses. Embarassed that Sojung caught Eunha checking her out, her face reddened and shook her head before hanging her head low which Sojung softly giggled at. She looked at her phone and realised that it was already 5.20 pm. The sun was starting to set. Sojung was about to open and ask Eunha to watch the sun setting, but a notification popped out which made Sojung's happy mood fade away.

Sojung broke the interlced hands, feeling a pang of regret as the source of warmth for her body started to fade away almost immediately, making her lanky body feel colder. Eunha looked up at Sojung with curious eyes when the latter stood up, a wave of sadness swept across her. This is it.. she is going to tell me to stop chasing after her... I had a fun date with you Sojung, i am going to miss you... 

But what Sojung did surprised Eunha greatly. "As much as i would love to watch the sunset with you, i have to go now. It's an important thing to attend..." Sojung ruffled Eunha's hair, messing it only a little. "Eung? Your nose, cheeks and neck is a bit red.. why didn't i noticed that earlier?" Sojung removed the scarf that hung loosely on her neck and draped it around Eunha's neck. As she adjusted the scarf so that it could cover Eunha's nose and cheeks, Eunha could not help but glup nervously at the close proximately of their faces. Control yourself Eunha... 

"There! Bring your scarf next time okay?" Sojung smiled at Eunha and straightened her back. "I really need to go off now, bye Eunha! Get home safely!" Sojung said and turned her back, walking away from the park. Eunha could only watch as Sojung's back disappeared from her sight. Can I ask her out again? It was all enough for Eunha to sprint towards where Sojung was walking. 

Eunha isn't a good runner. As a matter of fact she would never run even in an emergency situation. But that day she ran for one person that changed her life. Sojung.

Finally catching up, Eunha mustered her last strength to take of and back hug Sojung tightly. Caught off guard, Sojung quickly turn around and prepared to kick whoever was hugging her until she recongised that it was Eunha. Quickly wrapping her arms around the pocket sized girl, she rubbed Eunha's back until her heart beat slowed down. "Hmm Eunha ya? What is wrong?" Sojung's tone was laced with concern and worry.

Eunha looked up and quickly whipped out her phone, rapidly typing because she knew she was wasting Sojung's time and slowing her down from going to wherever she had to go. Can i ask you for another date? Eunha's phone flashed.

Sojung pretended to contemplate just to tease Eunha. "Hmm... maybe?" Sojung teased. "Okay." Sojung relented when she saw Eunha looking at her with puppy eyes. Tomorrow? Eunha typed out a quick reply, with obvious joy that Sojung was giving her a chance. "I don't really know if i can, but i'll tell you what. Could you hand me your phone?" Sojung asked. Well, it wasn't really a question but more of a command.

Eunha complied and Sojung typed something on it. Handing it back, Sojung looked at her phone before hurriedly saying, "I just keyed my phone number into your phone, so text me it confirm if i can tomorrow. I'm in a rush now, so if you have anything else text me okay? Get home safely Eunha! Bye!" Sojung shouted and turned back, using her long legs and strode away in a rushed manner.

***

Sojung gritted her teeth as her mind kept replying the text her dad had sent. If it was in an amination, Sojung had already pictured herself getting all red and steam coming out from her head, ears and nose.

Dad: Come back home now before you see this girl disappear from your life.

*attaches photo of Eunha*

Sojung: YOU SAID I'M NOT YOUR DAUGHTER ANYMORE SO WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO INTERFERE WITH MY LIFE?!

Dad: You better come back if you want to know about this girl. 

Dad: Be here within 10 minutes or else you will miss out an important part of this girl's life.

Sojung: FINE! BUT I'LL NEVER TAKE OVER THAT ING COMPANY EVEN IF I STEP FOOT IN THAT HOUSE BECAUSE I JUST NEED INFORMATION FROM YOU! 

***

A/N:

Hi, I'm back! It has been 1 month since i officially updated this...

I've been busy with exams and life.. it's holidays so i hope that i can update a few chapters within this month long break before i go back to school..

Oh leave comments (i appreciate comments, especially constructive and encouraging ones) on how to improve because i feel that this chapter lacked a bit compared to my previous chapter :))