Start

Paper Planes (discontinued until further notice)

[Day One]

"Creak..." 

The old and rusty swing creaked annoyingly when Sojung sat down on it. She carefully sipped on the pipping hot cup of coffee and sighed, cold air swirled out from into the frosty night. She looked down, tears dripping out from her eyes one tear by another. The cold breeze in the air did no help to relieve ache she had on her cheeks; the stinging sensation lingered which made Sojung whimpered softly from time to time.

"What is this Sojung? You don't want to study business? And you already applied for a stupid course overseas?" Her father hollered.

"Please.. let me do what i want.." Sojung pleaded.

"No! Who is going to take over this business? You need to carry the Kim's Copperation, your great great grandfather spent all his life setting a foundation for the company and now you say you don't want to take over? You want his hardwork to end up in a drain?" 

"I'm not interested in this wretched business you have! I have one life and i am not going to let this ing company drag me down and-"

A resounding sound of slap echoed around the mansion. "You ungrateful ! The company is the one that made you until today! You dare not take over the company?!" 

"I'm never going to take over the company! That's final!" Sojung did not relent. 

Another slap was given to her. "You are not my daughter anymore! Get out of this house and only come back when you want to take over the company!" Her father pointed to the polished wooden door.

Holding her reddened cheek, she got up and headed to the door. "From now, I am not anyone's daughter." She backface him and said before opening the door and slamming the door shut, heading to wherever her feet took her to.

A paper plane landed just right infront of her feet. It got her back to her senses. Sojung wiped her tears and bended down to take the paper plane. Crease by crease, she carefully unwrapped it and found a note.

Hello! I think i just saw goddess playing with a swing. But i am sad because she is crying... i want to get near her but a god is way out of league for a small peasant.

Sojung turned her head left and right but to find no one. "Who's there?" She gathered her courage and asked but the only reply she get was only a cold icy breeze hitting her face. Then, another paper plane flew and landed on her lap. 

Who dare to hurt a pretty girl on the cheeks? That is downright an insult to your flawless face. Here, i have some soothing cream for that. Apply daily until the redness goes away.

Sojung blushed at the message. She held the medication to inspect it before applying it on the numb and sore area of her face. The cooling sensation of the medication working on her face help subside the pain greatly. After she felt much better, she relaxed in the swing and muttered a soft 'thank you'. Though there after she zoned out, thinking about what to do now, her senses still tried to detect any rustling so that she could personally go up and thank the person for helping her.

There was still none. It had been 2 hours since she sat on the swing and her had started to cramp. For now, she would just reside at a hotel for a few months before heading off to New Zealand to attend the course she had always dreamt of taking. 

Sojung stood up and cracked her bones and was about to take her leave before she felt something soft hit her shoulder. She turned around to find a paper plane on the floor. 

Leaving already? I didn't know i spent 2 hours just getting lost in your beauty.. anyways, i hope you would have a safe trip to wherever you are going. Also, would you be coming here again? And.. are you taken?

Sojung smiled at the note. Folding the letter back to a paper plane, she slid it into her coat. "Yes... and no." Sojung said into the empty air. She started making her way out of the park but she stopped as if she had forgotten something. "I'm Sojung." She said and begun walking, not expecting a reply.

A plane hit her head, making her turn around and picked it up. The plane was folded messily, almost as if whoever folded it was in a huge hurry. She opened it and smiled.

I'm Eunha

***

[Day Twenty-Five]

Sojung headed to the park feeling in a down mood. Her father had just cancled off all her credict card, and Sojung didn't know how he did it but whatever in the case, it was driving her nuts. She heaved a sigh and dramatically looked at the sky. How she wished to be borned into an average incomed family, with no huge company to handle, no rich parents creating drama just because their children refuse to take over their empire. 

Another sigh escaped. She did not manage to redraw much cash, only a mearge few thousand dollars that was needed to spend it on her expenses overseas, her fees and now currently. She calculated, she could only spend fifty dollars a day in order to survive till she reached New Zealand, without a job. She was still doing fine, until today.

A heavy sigh came out from her parted lips. She had to get a job as fast as possible and the highest salary available for her. And she started to get worried. What if no one wanted to employ her? She would not be able to survive and she would have to scuumb into her father's evil plot.

A hot breath emmitted from her shivering mouth. No, she could not easily admit defeat. She needed to prove her dad wrong, that she was an independant woman that need not need their company to survive. 

Something soft hit Sojung's feet. By now, she would have known that it was the paper plane. She bended down and picked it up with a smile. She knew, whatever beneath the paper was comforting. Like a mother's strong arms wrapping around her body. She unfolded it and looked. 

Why is Gorgeous Goddess sighing so much? And wipe that frown off your face, it doesn't ruin your perfect face, instead it makesyouevenhotter and- idon'twanttofallinlovewithyouevenmoreczifellwaytoohardtillicantgetup.

Sojung giggled at how the person sound. "I ran away from home." Sojung expression turned grim.

"I didn't want to take over their cad business." A pause.

"My father cancled my credict card." She sighed.

"I didn't redraw enough cash for my survival..." 

"I need a job as fast as possible, but even then, how much would i earn? It would most probably be not enough for my studies.."

"Who the hell am i even talking to.. I must be nuts... urgh." Sojung facepalmed herself.

There was no paper planes after that, and Sojung rubbed her neck. "Pabo... who are you even talking to?" She muttered.

Then, a paper plane hit her forehead harshly as if the owner who threw it was mad at her comment. Sojung flattened the plane and noticed a card, and behind it was a long note.

Here is a credict card for you. I don't use this card anymore so you can have it. Don't worry about me because i still have other cards. Just use however you want. AND YOU ARE NOT TALKING TO YOURSELF. I'M STILL HERE.

"I-I can't take this card. Sorry." Sojung was overwhelmed with touchness. "Why are you doing this for me? Why bother to care for a random person who was just sitting on a swing. Eunha, why?" She questioned into the silent night. "I don't even know where and who the hell are you except for your name. But there you are, helping me by writing comforting notes, and now a credict card?! I'm happy, that there is still someone caring for people out there." Sojung smiled.

A paper plane landed on the ground, a little far from where Sojung was sitting. She bended down, retrieving the paper plane in pink with her long and slender fingers. She slowly opened the paper plane though she was eagerly anticipating a reply.

I said  take the card. You got no one to rely on for cash right now and your credict cards are all cancelled. How are you going to continue with your studies if you do not have enough money? Did i mention? I like you and i want to help you. Don't ask me to show myself, because as i stated before, i am way out of your league. I am just from a middle income family while you? A freaking high class woman.... I hope this would be able to help you.

Hot tears threatened to spill from Sojung's eyes. She shut her eyes, trying to contain the tears but it had no help. Tears dripped slowly at first but then it became a waterfall. What seemed like a soft sob became loud and piercing cries escaped inevitably. Clutching the paper tightly in her hands, she wept loudly, anguish, pain and overwhelming feelings were evident in her cries. She was touched.

Sojung's cries was endless, maybe because it had been many years since she actually cried that hard. The unfolded paper plane in her hands had long became a towel filled with Sojung's tears. Then, she felt someone cupping her face. The touch felt soft and smooth, and she felt her face lifting up slowly; as if putting a little more strength would break Sojung's neck. Through her teary-eyes, she say a blur image of a girl with bob-cut hair infront of her. The bob-cut hair girl wiped off Sojung's tears delicately using her thumb.

Snapping out of her sorrow, she quickly turned around and wiped off the tears, embarassed that a stranger saw her crying. She felt a small tap on her shoulder and turned around. There was the girl holding a paper plane. Sojung jaws dropped. In front of her was an etheral beauty, doe-eyed, light-skin flawlessly shone under the evening sun, bobed hair with see-through bangs that suited her round-cute face structure. Sojung admit, she had seen many people with bobbed hair cut, but none of them looked better than the princess in front of her.

Sojung stopped staring at the girl when she saw her waving a paper plane infront of her. Then, it dawned upon her. "Y-you- E-eunha?" Sojung asked in disbelief. The girl nodded her head shyly, face red like beetroot. Sojung broke into a wide smile and looked at the paper plane and then back at Eunha. "You don't know how much i actually wanted to see you! You should have shown up on the first day we started communicating! Do you know how many sleepless night i spent just to figure out who were you and how you would look. I should have just cried more so that you would show up earlier." Sojung playfully sulked at the end. Eunha could only blush harder when she saw that pout coming from her secret lover.

Looking at the paper plane, she finally remembered to look at it. She quickly took it from Eunha's hand and opened it.

Are you okay? 

"Me? Of course I'm fine! How could i be not okay when there is a gorgeous beauty infront of me?" Sojung chuckled, unaware of what she had said. Eunha had caught it, and she was pretty sure that her face was a tomato by now. "So... why show up now? I remembered you wrote something about you being out of my league.... and refuse to show yourself..." Sojung trailed.

Eunha only nodded her head before grabbing a pen and a paper beside her, slowly and carefully penning down her answer when she knew that Sojung would wait for her. Past 5 minutes and Eunha was ready. She handed the paper to the curious Sojung before turning around quickly, head burried into her knees. 

Sojung, I love you. It was love at first sight on the day you came to this park. However, you are way out of my league. Perfectly proportioned face and body, wearing luxurious clothes, who would not think that you came from a rich background? While me? I am just a random and common person, living in a small apartment, parents earning enough money for daily expenses. What would people around us think if we actually got together? They would think i am dating you for money and not pure love. 

I am mute. I can't talk. Nobody wants to date me knowing that i can't talk. They find it troublesome and tiring, waiting for me to slowly type or write out my reply. The fees for doctors too, who would be willing to stay by the side of someone who can't talk to and yet painstakingly use cash to pay for something that would not allow me to talk still? 

Sojung, don't bother wasting your time and money on me. I showed up today because I felt that you need some comfort and love. Hope you don't feel burdened that your secret admire is someone who is mute.

Sojung settled the paper aside. Her brain processing what Eunha had written. Now she knew why Eunha refused to show herself up. It was because she prefered to not do anything and watch from afar rather than getting a straight up rejection one they knew she was mute. Slowly, she crawled over to the small girl whose figure looked hundred times more fragile. Wrapping her hands over Eunha,she comforted the girl. "Hey, don't belittle yourself. Doesn't mean that you are mute that means you cant find love. Strive hard for it! Show them that you are worth it!" Sojung patted the girl who now tiltted her head at her curiously.

"Try to win my heart?" Sojung chuckled. Honestly, at that point of time, Sojung could easily admitted that she had also fell in love with Eunha but she wanted to see what tricks did Eunha have up her sleeve to control her heart.

Eunha broke into a wide smile that reached her eyes. Nodding her head furiously, she was overjoyed. Nobody ever let Eunha did that once they knew she was mute. They would all pass by her as if she was some sort of ghost and honestly, she had pratically almost given up on love until Sojung came. And now Sojung actually let her win her heart, Eunha could not help but feel happy. She grabbed Sojung's slender fingers and interlocked their pinky fingers together. Eunha then excitedly grabbed a piece of paper and hastily wrote some words before handling the paper to Sojung. 

Want to have a coffee date?

Sojung giggled and nodded her head. "Tomorrow? 4pm?"

Eunha happily took the paper back and wrote.

Sure. See you!

***

A/N:

Hello everyone. This is suppose to be a one shot but i decided to make it into a short story. I will try to update if i am available and not lazy XD

My account got hacked not too long ago. I do not know if you know the story "Protecc", but that story had been removed by me because it was not me who wrote it. It was also plagarising another fellow author, so i removed it. In case you were wondering where did the fic go, it got deleted away and it would never come back. 

This is my first fic in a long while so i hope you do give comments on how i should improve!