Mother Knows Best

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

Jennie woke up and saw that it was now slightly light outside. She got up and stretched slightly, looking outside the window and at her clock

‘’5:30am…’’ She whispered. She looked beside her and saw Chaeyoung fast asleep, her hand now dangling at Jennie’s position since she was hugging her. Jennie smiled slightly and decided to pass time by just looking at the love of her life.

‘’Just this once…’’

She laid back down at her bed and placed Chaeyoung’s dangling hands back at her waist. She felt her heart quicken when Chaeyoung tightened her grip. Jennie scooted closer to her and held Chaeyoung’s face softly with her hands.

She touched those irresistible cheeks and pinched it softly making Chaeyoung scrunched up her face. Jennie giggled and looked at her softly ‘’Why can’t you be mine?’’ She sighed, slowly tracing Chaeyoung’s features before it finally stopped at her lips.

Jennie looked at it intently, her mind so early in the morning whispering sweet temptations to her. She leaned her face forward and thought in envy ‘’This lips that Lisa touched so badly a week ago…’’

She closed the distance between them softly to not wake her up and almost moaned at the ecstasy she felt upon touching those lips. Jennie felt Chaeyoung shift and immediately released the kiss, alert and nervous that she woke Chaeyoung up.

Jennie immediately felt guilty ‘’I almost broke my promise to myself to bury my feelings…pabo Jennie…’’

‘’I better get breakfast ready instead of temptation getting to me’’ Jennie whispered before slowly getting herself off of Chaeyoung’s hug and smiled to herself when she smelt Chaeyoung’s scent around her.

‘’Sleep tight hubby’’ Jennie whispered before kissing Chaeyoung’s forehead and went downstairs to prepare breakfast for her parents and visitor.

Chaeyoung woke up not a minute later and rubbed her eyes as she yawned. ‘’Where’s Jennie?’’ She croaked out, her voice a bit dry so she decided to go downstairs and possibly find her wifey while getting a cup of water.

She softly went downstairs and she heard some humming. She walked towards the kitchen and there she saw her wifey humming and cooking some fried rice. The morning sun complimenting Jennie’s beauty whose hair is up in a messy bun and her apron loosely tied around her waist. She was wearing some fluffy slippers and don’t forget that cute gummy smile of hers.

Chaeyoung didn’t know how long she was standing there; all she knows is that she is awestruck by Jennie’s natural beauty. ‘’Wow….’’Chaeyoung thought as she followed Jennie’s swift movements while cooking ‘’Absolutely beautiful…’’

She didn’t know what came over her, it’s like Jennie unconsciously hypnotize her, or maybe her brain is not yet awake. Chaeyoung slowly walked towards her and suddenly her nose sniffed Jennie’s scent as she came closer. The scent made her relax even more and it made her suddenly back hug Jennie.

Jennie jumped in surprise, not knowing who was hugging her in the back and when she looked to check who it was, her heart skipped a beat seeing Chaeyoung’s serene face and calmly breathing as if savoring this moment

‘’H-hubby you’re awake!’’ Jennie squeaked, her heart still pummeling at their close gesture

Chaeyoung nodded ‘’That smells good…what are you cooking?’’

Jennie calmed down and relaxed her body, leaning it towards Chaeyoung ‘’Kimchi Fried Rice’’ She replied

‘’Sound great’’ Chaeyoung smiled ‘’I bet you’re an amazing cook’’

Jennie blushed at the compliment ‘’I-I’m an okay cook.’’ Her usual confidence disappearing every time Chaeyoung is near her, making her a blubbering mess. She sighed sadly inside ‘’Maybe that’s why Lisa got the girl’’ She thought bitterly

‘’Chaeyoung? Jennie? I hear a phone ringing at the room. Maybe one of you should pick it up’’ Mrs. Kim suddenly said and when she crosses upon the kitchen, she caught the lovely scene between the two making her stop and stare at them.

Hearing Mrs. Kim’s voices, they both bolted out from the hug and Chaeyoung said ‘’It must be Lisa…I’ll be right back wifey’’ Chaeyoung said nervously like she finally processed what just happened.

Her heart pained at that and nodded ‘’Y-yeah, I’ll be down here after you talk to her. Let’s eat and get ready for school’’ Jennie said with a small smile.

Chaeyoung nodded and returned the smile. She went upstairs but not before giving a bow to Mrs. Kim who was by the hallway and sent her a polite smile and good morning.

Mrs. Kim returned the smile and greeting and returned her gaze towards her daughter, who was sighing quite sadly.

‘’Hmmmmm….’’ Mrs. Kim narrowed her eyes in thought


Lisa tapped her shoes in impatient while she inwardly seethed ‘’Why didn’t chipmunk told me she was sleeping over at Jennie?’’ She mumbled in anger. If she only knew she was sleeping over, she would have gone there herself to make sure nothing will happen between them.

Speaking of them, Lisa saw Jennie and Chaeyoung coming out of Jennie’s house while saying goodbye to Mrs. Kim. She clenched her fist seeing them all fresh and dandy ‘’She also took a bath to her house…’’

‘’Chaeyoung!’’ Lisa shouted while coming towards them quick as they meet up in the street.

‘’Oh, hey babe!’’ Chaeyoung exclaimed before coming up to her before giving her a kiss in the cheek. The kiss didn’t faze Lisa out of her bad mood as she gave Jennie a suspicious glare in which she returned with raised eyebrows.

‘’Hey,’’ Chaeyoung frowned ‘’What’s with the bad face?’’

Jennie smirked knowing what’s the cause of it and seeing her smirk made Lisa grit her teeth and grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand and walked away quickly.

‘’Y-yah Lisa what’s wrong?!’’ Chaeyoung yelped

‘’Why didn’t you told me you were going to sleep at Jennie’s house?’’ Lisa harshly whispered

‘’I told you already, her mom asked me to since she’s been acting down for the past week.’’ Chaeyoung made them stop ‘’What is wrong with you? Aren’t you worried for Jennie?’’ Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes at her in confusion

Lisa sighed ‘’I-I’m sorry babe…I got jealous’’

Chaeyoung’s eyes softened and cupped Lisa cheeks ‘’Hey, nothing happened between us okay?’’ Then her mind suddenly remembered the kitchen back hug moment before shaking her head ‘’I have a badass girlfriend, right?’’ She chastely kissed her at the lips.

Lisa chuckled, her bad mood going away quickly ‘’Yeah you’re right. I shouldn’t be jealous.’’ She said cheekily ‘’ You must be blessed to have a girlfriend like me’’

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes ‘’Cocky’’ She said making Lisa laugh and both decided to wait for Jennie to catch up since they walked away quite quick.

‘’Can’t you both give me some justice?’’ Jennie whined catching up to them ‘’Not everyone has long legs like the both of you’’

They both laughed at her comment and proceeded to walk towards Jisoo’s house.

‘’What’s taking her so long?’’ Jennie tapped her foot waiting for their other best friend in front of her house.

‘’What’s new about that?’’ Lisa snickered making Chaeyoung slap her arm ‘’Don’t be mean to Jisoo-unnie’’ She scolded her

‘’Ow, sorry jeez’’ Lisa pouted

‘’Finally there she is!’’ Jennie exclaimed seeing their oldest unnie come out of her house with a rather stoic face

They immediately noticed it and looked at each other in question. Chaeyoung decided to be the one to ask ‘’Is there something wrong unnie?’’

Jisoo nodded and sent a weak smile to her ‘’Yeah, I’m fine Chaeyoungie.’’ She said before the continuing walking towards their school with the three girls quiet, sensing there is something wrong with their oldest unnie.

The walk towards their school was a quiet one, since Jisoo was not in the mood, Lisa didn’t have anyone to yell at and be goofy with. Chaeyoung was worried while Jennie tried to analyze Jisoo’s problem.

‘’Must be from her family since she left the house with that kind of expression already’’ Jennie narrowed her eyes  ‘’Hey unnie, how’s your family since unnie’s birthday party?’’

‘’They’re fine’’ Jisoo answered right after Jennie finished asking

‘’Bingo’’ Jennie thought in triumph then she looked at the girlfriends and felt a pang of pain seeing the two of them giggling and making faces at each other.

‘’Bury your feelings Jennie…Be contented’’ Jennie thought to herself taking a deep breath to calm her feelings. Her eyes closing whenever she sees the two of them being sweet and goofy as they walked through the hallways of their school, hearing everyone around her greeting the two lovebirds.

‘’Bury it…’’ She thought in pain and just looked down since the two have been quite popular in their school.


‘’I’m home’’ Jennie sighed in tiredness. Her day , not only Jisoo was not in the mood all day, Lisa has been stealing Chaeyoung’s attention away from her every moment. So yeah, its like she spent the day all to herself.

‘’Well, at least my morning was great’’ Jennie smiled remembering her slight moment with Chaeyoung.

‘’Oh, I wonder why’’

Jennie was startled and turned to the voice ‘’Mom, you’re home early’’

‘’It’s been a while since I go home early nowadays, so why don’t we enjoy it?’’ Mrs. Kim smiled at her daughter

Jennie raised her eyebrows sensing that her mother wants to know something but shrugged it off ‘’Sure, as long as you cook for tonight’s dinner’’

Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes ‘’Shush, change your clothes and get ready. I already prepared the ingredients for tonight’s dinner. Help me cook’’

‘’Yes commander’’ Jennie said in sarcasm before quickly going upstairs to avoid a smack from her mother.

After changing her clothes and wondering why her mother’s mood seems different, Jennie went downstairs and ready on whatever her mom is plotting. The last time she went like this was when she was crushing on Lisa very hard on her early high school days.

‘’Thought you would sleep on me’’ Mrs. Kim teased

‘’I may look like a rebel, but I am a good girl by heart’’ Jennie stuck out her tongue before putting her apron she used earlier this morning. She smiled at the thought of Chaeyoung backhugging and helped her mother prepare dinner.

‘’So,’’ Mrs. Kim started ‘’I know that smile’’

‘’What smile?’’ Jennie said, going back to her usual poker face.

‘’That smile that screams I have a crush and I’m going to hide it forever’’ Mrs. Kim and when Jennie blushed, she knew she was going closer on finding out the truth.

‘’Is it someone I know?’’ Mrs. Kim continued

‘’Mom really it’s none of your business’’

‘’Oh it’s my business if it’s causing my daughter some weird moods for the past weeks, even months’’

‘’What do you mean?’’ Jennie asked

Mrs. Kim raised her eyebrows ‘’When we were in the mall you were just happy and chill at the start of it, until you gain some distance while talking to someone in the phone looking very pissed, then your face contorted like you’re guilty or something, and it continued on until we get home. Then when you were going to a party, you’re really not in the mood but when I said Chaeyoung’s words that time, you immediately smiled and went out in a good mood. You also went home that day in a good mood. And now, after the dance contest, you look like a depressed old woman locking herself in her room which worried some parents. Then I invited Chaeyoung to some sleepover and now you’re all okay. Then again you went home looking tired’’

Jennie, since her mother started talking, was looking at her with eyes and mouth wide open in shock. Mrs. Kim was looking at her with a knowing but sincere look.

‘’Wha, how, whe-‘’ Jennie stuttered, unable to say anything, too shock of what she just heard.

‘’Mother knows everything honey, we just wait for our children to tell it to us personally’’ Mrs. Kim said before switching into a gentle one.

‘’Jennie,’’ Mrs. Kim said seriously making Jennie know that they are seriously talking right now

Jennie gulped ‘’Yes mom?’’

‘’Are you in love with Park Chaeyoung?’’


So....I'm still alive yay! So I haven't noticed that there are at least 32 chapters and I haven't posted since December I think. I wrote bunch of chapters and was surprised to see there are only 32 chapters right now. As an apology for my lack of updates, I will be posting another chapter after posting this. Hope you enjoy! Bear with me until the very end of the story guys!