Begin

Choices of Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smoke of tobacco was the first smell when he entered the café. He had came in from the rain and the droplets of water trembled like dew on his hair. Waiters in white uniform files around the room, serving coffee, cake and even gossip with some of the people in the place. 

At the far end of the room, there he sat surrounded by the usual cohorts and toadies. A man, frame smaller than the rest of them sat in the circle. Something out of the usual. He was well dressed, black turtle neck, coat that look more expensive than the café itself, by the look of it. He was an actor. The smaller man lit a cigar, making a phallic performance out of it. He grins, almost laughing per day, everyone knows how he loves shows. Even the smallest show act would get him to laugh. Yet his laugh is empty usually, much like his eyes. Yet this time, his eyes sparkles with life as he watch the performance by the smaller man. 

The table was laden, strawberry cake, chocolate molten cake, cheesecakes, pudding. He was having a piece of chocolate molten cake. He loved his cakes. No wonder he looked so pastry, the smaller man was surprised that he wasn't diabetic. Yet maybe it would be another one of his illusions that he made so perfectly real. He smiles when he caught a sight of him, raising a hand gesturing towards the chair next to him. The bootlicker who occupied it jumped up and moved away. 

Again, he smiles at the smaller frame man who blew cigarette smoke out slowly, he didn't show any interest in the other in return. He places a hand in his pocket, it appeared like he was playing with something in his pocket. And he ordered a slice of fruit cake, even if the table was full of desserts. He insisted on the other to try the chocolate molten cake, but the smaller man paid no mind. 

"It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter