fin

Like this

Shine

 

She was sitting at the farthest right of the classroom, truth to be told, she doesn’t even know if she’s in the right class. She’s too tired from studying for her other class last night that she feels like her coffee needs coffee for her to be functional today. She blinks and then she saw her again, Bae Joohyun, the sole, not entirely but maybe 78% of the reason why she’s still here and not on her bed sleeping the whole day out. She could skip a class or two for sure, she had earned her right to do so as she’s the top of her class anyways. She yawned and almost choke when she thought the said girl was looking at her too. Let’s just say that Seungwan might have the biggest crush on Bae Joohyun. Everyone knows, even Joohyun herself, she thinks? But probably not, because who knows Seungwan anyway, right? Bae Jooyun is loved by everyone, the boys will break their necks when she walks in the hallways, the girls would do anything to be her and both would do anything to be with her. So Seungwan is a speck of dirt in a whirlwind of admirers. She is no one but would drop dead to be the one.

 

Guitar

 

It was another day of dreading the university life but as the nerd that she is she likes it even when its just pure caffeine that keeps her going. It was unhealthy but she’s productive and still efficient so who is going to break this unhealthy habit of hers right? She had an hour to spare before another exam, some would cram and read as much as they can while waiting but she’s not. She feels like if she did she’ll just bomb the exam and she doesn’t want that to happen, she feels prepared for it anyway. So here she is sitting alone this humongous tree, strumming her worn guitar and humming to a song no one ever heard as hasn’t have the courage to write it. She was into it that even an outsider would find peace just by watching her, so they did. They watch her as she continues to relax her heart out by doing something she enjoys little did she know she captured a heart she beats for.

 

Odds

 

She doesn’t know why she’s here. She can’t comprehend how everyone can fit in this room. Are all campus parties this cramped? The music is too loud and it wasn’t even that good, the beer is warm and the smell of smoke is suffocating. It’s not the first party she’s ever been too and yes, she prefers to stay in her room and watch random movies from Netflix but Seulgi insisted and she allows herself to be persuaded once in a while. And maybe, she wouldn’t be, if Joy didn’t intentionally mention how a certain Bae Joohyun might grace the party with her godly presence.

 

Its been more than an hour, she wants to go home but she can’t find the annoying couple she came with but its not like it matters. So she heads for the back door, willing herself to consume the remaining of her beer, she almost vomits when the warm drink hits the roof of . She swears she’ll never drink again. She was so close to running away when someone roughly holds her wrist. She was going to give a piece of her mind to this person who is manhandling her but then she recognizes who it is and she’s lost.

 

“Leaving already?” Bae Joohyun asked and Seungwan swears there’s fire in the other girl’s eyes. And those same fire made her want to stay but before she can even answer someone pulls Joohyun away from her. And then she no longer wants to stay another second as lips touches the lips of someone she would want to kiss.

 

Friday

 

It was probably the 28th time explaining the same things when Seungwan decided that this won’t go anywhere. She’s been trying to help Seulgi with her Biology elective, but the latter doesn’t seem to take interest in anything other than the fact that Park Joy might barge in to the room any minute now and Seungwan will be kicked out of her own room the moment the said girl steps on it and without further ado, said girl comes in grinning so big that Seungwan finds it creepy. She was about to say it out loud too when another figure, bless her, graces their small room.

 

Bae Joohyun.

 

Seungwan’s breath might have hitch, her heart might have stop. No one should we allowed to look that good I a gray hoodie and good god those legs.

 

“Wipe you drool.” Seulgi whispered and Seungwan can hear the teasing and the smirk on her bestfriend’s tone too.

 

“Ya! Seungwan! Bae Joohyun. Bae Joohyun. Son Seungwan.” Joy says as her way to introduce them to each other and promptly sits on her girlfriend’s lap and Seungwan winces at their proximity. Can’t they wait for us to leave before they eat each other’s faces please.

 

“Can the two of you leave now?” Seulgi says before she gets pulled into kissing marathon by Sooyoung.

 

She doesn’t know how it happened, one moment she was tutoring Seulgi and now she’s sitting on the stairs with Bae Joohyun. And she swore she’s going to die on how silent and awkward they are.

 

“Do-”

 

“Its-“

 

They said at the same time. Seungwan grinned and almost went blind when she saw the smile Joohyun directed at her.

 

“You first.” Seungwan said and offers another smile, not too big as Joohyun might think she’s creepy but she feels giddy and honestly the fact that she’s just centimeter away from her makes her want to jump of joy.

 

“I just wanted to say it was really nice to finally meet you.” Joohyun said shyly and Seungwan looks at her confuse and was also lowkey egging her to continue if she has things more to say because if Seungwan starts to say something, it won’t end as she’s going to stutter and ramble until Joohyun is fed out with her weirdness.

 

“I’m not sure if you’ve notice but we have the same Art History class.” Seungwan coughs a little because if Joohyun knows that she’s the reason why she enrolled on this class even when her pre-med courses are killing her, she won’t mind really just to spend 3 hours every week in the presence of Joohyun even if she’s 3 rows away from her.

 

“I know.” She says because really its ridiculous as Joohyun is sounding shy as seconds pass by.

 

“You always seem to be out of it. I mean I guess I would be too. A science major shouldn’t be in an art class but there you are, always physically present, sitting in the farthest seat in the room.” And Seungwan swore she died when Joohyun looks at her again and with this small smile that can light up the darkest room.

 

“I sat beside you one time but I didn’t think you’ve notice, you were asleep when I came in and still asleep when the rang bell. I want to wake you up but Seulgi said you don’t have any class after that and you haven’t had any decent sleep for a week. I wanted to stay too but I have another class to attend and I can’t miss it.” Joohyun says looking anywhere other than Seungwan.

 

“And to be honest, I was kind of mad at you.” Seungwan almost breaks her neck as she abruptly looked at the other girl.

 

“I mean Seulgi and Joy insisted that you have the biggest crush on me but I can’t be sure because you seem like you don’t know me. I never even caught you staring or something.” Joohyun starts to speak faster.

 

“And on that day when I had the guts to confront you, you were asleep and you looks so peaceful and it made me like you more.” Joohyun pouts and Seungwan wants to kiss the pout away. Wait, did she just—!

 

“WAIT WHAT?” Seungwan’s eyes has gone comically big and Joohyun think its adorable.

 

“I said I like you.” Joohyun kind of wants to roll her eyes,

 

“No way.” Seungwan really wants to believe it because hello its Bae Joohyun, the love of her life telling her the things she’s dreaming about.

 

“I don’t think you’re girlfriend will like that.” Seungwan collects herself and remembered that incident at the party.

 

“Girlfriend?” Now it was Joohyun’s turn to be confuse.

 

“Yeah, I think the kissed pretty much says it.” She tries not to sound bitter but how can she not be when it happened in front of her, right? The audacity!

                                                                                       

“Oh you mean the party?” Joohyun said and laughs and Seungwan doesn’t find anything funny at all.

 

“It was nothing.”

 

“It’s a kissed, Joohyun. You don’t just kiss people.”

 

“Okay. To set the record straight, we didn’t kiss though it looked like we did. But really no. God no! Jennie was trying to make Jisoo jealous and thought it was a good idea to kiss me. Fake kiss me. Which was a worked by the way, they made up.”

 

Seungwan’s head is spinning she doesn’t want to listen to it anymore and just want to sleep it off on her bed which she can’t tonight because Seulgi and Joy booked her shared room with Seulgi.

 

“I knew this would happen that’s why I asked Joy if she could introduce me to you, formally. And albeit she didn’t. I really wanted you to know I like you. I bought both Seulgi and Joy ice cream so they can asked you to come to the party which I ruined for you.” Joohyun said as she scratches her neck and she’s thinking so hard what to say next that creases are starting to form in her forehead and Seungwan doesn’t want her to stress out over this so she flash her a smile.

 

“I really like you too. I have songs I wanted to sing to you though I need to write them and I need to learn how to write them first. I don’t want to sound creepy or stalker-ish, you’re right I don’t need to be have an art class but I took one anyway because that’s the only way I can get close to you. If I knew you were friends with Seulgi and Joy, then maybe I would have done something differently.” Seungwan says this time.

 

“and if you really like me, please don’t kiss other people.” Seungwan says wistfully.

 

“I won’t if you promise me one thing.” Joohyun grins and there’s fire on her eyes again that makes Seungwan’s heart feel so warm.

 

“What is it?” Seungwan asked and is extremely proud of herself as she didn’t stutter even when her heart was hammering hard on her chest.

 

“I won’t kiss anyone else if you promise I’m the only one you’ll kiss.” Joohyun ears were burning as she said the it and she was about to take it back when she felt Seungwan’s lips on her.

 

“Promise.” Seungwan says before she deepens the kiss.