Chaeyu; I promise you.

Angsty Oneshots for Twice

Requested by ; yoloswag3883

 

also, never write a chaeyu but, let’s cry together eih? I’m sorry, but heheh it’s a good thing having both happy and sad endings. I think. 

 

Sorry for the delay.

 

 

 


 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath as she walked out from that lonely dorm. It was messy, just like how the members left it the last time.

 

she is wearing a black coat, and a pair of sunglasses.

 

she walked to the garage and entered her car. It’s her 23rd birthday. She drove to a florist nearby and bought seven different types of flowers. The shopkeeper greeted her nicely and helped her to pick out the finest flowers in such a nice day.

 

she arrived at some place that she’d usually go every week. But this time, it’s a special day. She wore a mask before going out so that nobody noticed her. The place she’s going is always crowded anyways. 

 

Luckily, it’s still early morning and there are only a few people there. It will be crowded soon, she thought.

 

with her small arms, she carried all seven types of flowers she brought earlier, and placed every each one of them, at 7 graves.

 

Im Nayeon. Yoo Jeongyeon. Hirai Momo. Minatozaki Sana. Park Jihyo. Myoui Mina. Kim Dahyun.

 

why did she bought seven types of flowers? Because every single one of her late unnies are different but equally unique and beautiful.

 

Yoo Jeongyeon.

Chaeyoung totally remembered when Jeongyeon came to soothe her when she almost being eliminated in SIXTEEN. 

 

“Chaeyoung? What are you doing here?” Jeongyeon came and sat down on the floor with her

 

”nothing. Im f-fine.” Chaeyoung sobbed 

 

“don’t give up okay. I promise that I’ll teach you how to sing and dance.”

 

”but you don’t rap unnie!” Chaeyoung laughed

 

”see? You’re smiling! Keep it that way okay? It’s not nice showing people your tears. I’ll be strong for you. I promise.” Jeongyeon hugged the younger.

 

chaeyoung is not crying in defeat, but victory. She described Jeongyeon as her own sister.

 

Im Nayeon.

 

*knock knock*

 

”yea?” Chaeyoung opened the hotel door being shocked a bit seeing Nayeon bringing some food 

 

“i knew it. It’s only 8 pm and that ostrich already slept! I told her to take you to the restaurant before 9. You must be hungry right? Come on, let’s eat.” Nayeon let herself in

 

”ah! That’s right unnie. I’m starving.” 

 

Nayeon placed all the food on the floor and sat together with chaeyoung.

 

nayeon shoved some meat into “if you’re sick on our showcase tomorrow, it will be such trouble! What if you fall sick and get pale? You should’ve just called me when you’re hungry!” Nayeon waved her chopsticks in the air while blabbering 

 

“keep it down!” Jeongyeon covered her ears 

 

“having some sleep? You fool! How could you leave my child hungry! I’m going to kick your !” 

 

“What?! I took her out to eat just an hour ago! What do you mean hungry?!”

 

nayeon turned her face towards a grinning cub. 

 

“I like spending time with you.” Chaeyoung grinned

 

”see? She loves me more than you.” Nayeon blabbered to Jeongyeon 

 

“Najeong is real tomorrow just watch!” Jeongyeon mumbled against the pillow

 

”you wish!” Nayeon sticked out her tongue

 

Hirai Momo.

 

Chaeyoung was doodling on her notebook feeling uninterested towards the subject. She looked left and right feeling so weird why people are so in love with writing classes. How about rapping? She thought.

 

a familiar figure walking into the class and pointed to her as she talks to the teacher. Her classmates gasped and were squealing when they saw a famous singer from a girl group came to their class.

 

”UNNIE?!” 

 

“You forgot to bring lunch. Here.” Momo gave Chaeyoung a lunchbag  

 

“I cooked it . Don’t worry Dahyun didn’t put any weird stuff in there.”

 

”I thought you’re supposed to be having a photoshoot today!” Chaeyoung whisper yelled

 

”I’m going after I drop this off. Study well, Chaeyoung.” Momo ruffled Chaeyoung’s hair walking out

 

”She’s gorgeous!” Her classmates talked to eachother 

 

Chaeyoung mentally facepalmed herself. She told all of her members NEVER , EVER COME TO HER SCHOOL.

 

luckily, Tzuyu is in another class.

 

Minatozaki Sana.

 

“If you like her, just tell her how you feel. I’m sure Mina won’t be mad or something.”

 

”no wayyy” 

 

“trust me. I’m your unnie.”

 

”i trust you but i dont trust me. What if-“

 

sana cupped Chaeyoung’s face and pressed their lips together.

 

”if there’ any sign of mina being speechless, just do that. I heard from her that she’s dying to be kissed lately ever since the elevator prank.”

 

”How could you just kiss me like that?” Chaeyoung wiped her lips using her sleeve

 

”you stole my first kiss!” Chaeyoung whined

 

”i stole everyone in this dorm’s kiss. Get used to it, Chaeyoung.” Sana winked

 

Park Jihyo

 

chaeyoung felt something cold on her skin so she opened her eyes 

 

“ACKKK” she yelped

 

she found herself in a bathtub , while jihyo is sitting on a stool, bathing her.

 

”unnie!!” Chaeyoung covered her body using her two arms

 

“We’re already late and we need to go. Just let me do this it’ll finish soon.” Jihyo ruffled Chaeyoung’s hair after she put some shampoo on her palm

 

“How did you carry me here?”

 

”You’re so small i could fit in my purse chaeng.”

 

“Among 8 of you i bathe..i think tzuyu’s is the nicest.”

 

”EWWW!”

 

”what? The leader can’t have some fun?” Jihyo laughed

 

Myoui Mina

 

”hmm..” Chaeyoung could feel mina is smiling against her lips

 

she encircled her arms around Mina’s neck as the older held her waist pulling her closer

 

her heart is beating for mina. And it’s going crazy!

 

”i think..your heart is beating too fast..i could feel it.” Mina rest her forehead on Chaeyoung’s and placed her hand on Chaeyoung’s chest feeling her heartbeat

 

”is this your way asking to touch me?” Chaeyoung smiled closing her eyes locking their lips again

 

Kim Dahyun.

 

”wear your seatbelt, chaeng.”

 

”nah.”

 

”it’s dangerous.”

 

she recalled what happened.

 

the unnies already wore their seatbelts accept her.

 

They were fooling eachother like always. Chaeyoung is sitting between mina and Jeongyeon.

 

suddenly the car spun uncontrollably.

 

mina and Jeongyeon quickly hug Chaeyoung because she didn’t wear her seatbelt. She might being threwn out of the car because of the impact.

 

she closed her eyes tightly hearing painful screams of her unnies.

 

when the car stopped, half of the car is squished. Shards of glass, everywhere. 

 

The slight taste of blood started to appear in Chaeyoung’s mouth.

 

mina is still hugging her tightly. But she’s not breathing or moving at all.

 

same as Jeongyeon. 

 

Nayeon. Jihyo. Sana. Dahyun. Momo. 

 

But tzuyu, she survived because she’s sitting between sana and nayeon. And her unnies protect her too. 

 

The next day, twice’s luxury van are plastered  in newspapers. But the thing is, it’s all broken.

 

But that was last year. Exactly on her 22nd birthday. 

 

[present]

The day before tzuyu passed out because the doctors didn’t remove the blood pressure in her brain last year.

 

it kills tzuyu. But very, very slowly.

 

chaeyoung sighed and drove to the hospital. She held her tears from coming out when nurses and doctors are rushing in and out of tzuyu’s room.

 

tzuyu lost her consciousness but she wrote a letter before she passed out.

 

Dear Chaeyoung.

Twice’s cute dongsaeng.

jeongyeon’s bro.

nayeon’s child.

momo’s dancer.

sana’s student.

Jihyo’s grandchild.

mina’s wife.

dahyun’s rap partner.

and my girlfriend.

 

i know i promise you to replace mina and make you happy just like the old times. But, seems like i failed miserably. We all made promises to you, but I’m sorry because we all broke it. Life’s short. And I’ll be joining our unnies soon.

    Please, please continue your life as usual. Don’t hide yourself in that dorm all day. Go out and sing. Or start a solo career. Sunmi unnie can be your mentor ;)

   I know that we and dahyun are the maknae lines aka gays, trying to snatch the j-line. And it makes me cry silently remembering that used to happen long time ago. 

    I dont blame the doctors for not doing my surgery well, but it’s okay. We all make mistakes. 

 

And im so, so sorry. I wish that you and I could spend more time together.

 

 Can’t wait to see sana unnie :) 

plus i will tell mina those amazing things you done for charity.

 

i cant talk much longer. Because all my limbs are numb and i cant write too much. But hey, I’m not quitter.

 

but there is one promise eight of us can fulfill.

 

one day, we will meet again. 

 

Love,

 

Tzuyu.  

 

 


 

Im so sorry. HAHA :’D