Coincidence or Not?

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi, Joochan. We meet again!”

 

Those words echoed in his ears as he look at the slim guy in black talking to their Professor Daeyeol in the corridor. How come they know each other?  What happened that night and the dream can’t be just a coincidence . There must be something his keen eyes failed to see. 

 

“He looks hot, dude. “

 

“I want him in our class. He’s my type. “

 

“ Isn’t he the new transferee, right?  He must be rich .”

 

Students gather around, chattering to their friends as they watch the new guy in their campus. Joochan was surprised to see their amazement to the guy but for him, all he can see is a guy who saved his life at that night. That memory always flashes in his brain,  the details are accurate as ever like he memorized it by heart.  The guy looks cool but mysterious which makes him get more interested to get to know him.  There’s a tingling in his heart that he can’t understand every time his eyes spot the guy named Kim Donghyun.  

 

 “Who is he really? “ Joochan thought as his eyes glued even more to the guy. 

 


“What are you doing here? “ A familiar voice wake him from his own world. A surprised expression can be seen from the younger as he turn to where the voice is. 

 

“Why do you always carry a microphone in your mouth,  hyung?  I almost lost my hearing. “ Joochan covered his ears as he teases the older. 

 

“Oh that’s good. Don’t worry. I will carry 2 more microphones next time. “ Jangjun winked with a flirtatious smile as he calmly observe his surroundings. The guy in black caught his eyes who garnered everyone’s attention on his first day. 

 

“Let’s go, hyung. I will tell you something before our group meeting starts. “ Joochan quickly grabbed him as they slowly fade in the crowd. 

 

***

 

Jangjun still holds his nape in confusion. Suddenly he has second thought of himself . His brain can’t fully comprehend what he just heard. His mouth was shut for the first time. 

 

“I’m dreaming, right?  “ Jangjun slapped himself. “Wait.. I’m not sleeping??! “ 

 

Joochan laughed at the older talking to himself .”He is really handsome only if he shut his mouth. “ Joochan smiled at the thought as his eyes scan Jangjun’s face. His visual is undeniable but if only he will be like a cold city guy,  he’ll be even more popular like Bomin. 

 

“ You know what hyung. I can help you. I can slap you harder than that.” He teased the guy with a smirk painted on his face. 

 

“ No need. I’m stronger than you,  idiot. Look at me.“ Jangjun coolly show his guns with a proud smile on his face, kissing it like precious gems. 

 

“Oh my eyes! “ Joochan quickly covered his eyes with a disgusted face. “Hyung,  you’re disgusting!  Don’t do that! “ Joochan turned his back from the older but Jangjun stepped closer with an evil smile as he playfully lift his shirt, trying to show off his famous abs. 

 

“Oh no, hyung!  I’m already sick of that!  Just no! “Joochan still cover his closed eyes with his bare hands. Surely,  Jangjun has gone wild again until a familiar voice made him stop. 

 

“What are you guys doing?  Are you having show right now? “ 

 

Quick footsteps can be heard from a distant just as the wind flows coolly under the tree. Jangjun is fast to straighten his shirt, trying to look cool again. Joochan laugh at the sight. It seems like there’s something going on between these bestfriends. 

 

“Nothing, hyung. We’re waiting for you here. “ Joochan answered as he looked at them with sweats on their faces. 

 

“Where are the others? I thought there will be 6 in our group. “ Seungmin asked before he sit in front of Jangjun. 

 

“Oh really?  Who are the other two? Why aren’t they still here?“ Jangjun looked at Seungmin and Youngtaek who look exhausted. 

 

“I think Bomin is one. “Youngtaek smiled as he wink at Joochan who keep silent in front him.

 

“What???  Bomin??? “ Joochan’s eyes widen like an owl. ‘Why is Bomin always in his group every time?  His popularity is enough for him to choose his group but why does he always choose his group?’ He asked himself but to no avail,  there’s no answer unless he ask Bomin himself .

 

“Ohh I think Bomin likes you. “ Jangjun is quick to tease the wondering Joochan, poking the younger on his side. 

 

“Hyung, if you like him,  just tell him. Don’t pass it to me. “ Joochan defended. 

 

“There you go again guys. Don’t tell us you’re rivals huh? “ Youngtaek smirked,  watching the two playfully teasing each other .

 

“No way!! “ The two both yelled as they continue teasing each other like kids having debate on something trivial,  which make Youngtaek and Seungmin shake their heads in disapproval. With crossed arms,  they look at each other as they judge the two having debate. It seems like they’re watching a rap battle on a show.

 

After 12345 years… 

 

“What a pity, guys. You should have told us so that we called a judge to decide the winner. “ Seungmin clapped like a seal as the two finally stopped their nonsense debate. He look at them with a sarcastic smile. 

 

“No need to call a judge. I know I’m gonna win. Everyone knows, right? “ Jangjun said, waiting for an approval but only to be greeted with disapproval from his friends . Suddenly the atmosphere became awkward. Nothing to be heard but wind and birds chirping around them.  

 

“By the way,  what would be our topic for this research? “ Jangjun cleared his throat, smiling awkwardly as he scratch his head. 

 

 “How about ghost or any mystical being?  What do you think guys? “ Joochan excitedly answer with a deep thought. 

 

“ I think that’s great but those are just legends right? How about topics about our environment like virus or something? “ Seungmin added. 

 

“Yeah I think that would be great too. I’m not good at those subjects though. “Youngtaek agreed with a slight pout in his lips. 

 

“Guys,  do you still believe in immortal beings like vampires? “ Jangjun asked in curiosity before he looked at Joochan. 

 

“Speaking of vampires, have you all heard about the rumor in our campus? “ Youngtaek asked in a whisper manner while looking around them as if he was being spied. 

 

“Rumor?? “ Joochan got chills just by hearing the word. His eyes focus on the older. His expression looked like something happened .

 

“Only few know about this rumor so let’s keep it secret or else something will happen. “ Youngtaek gathered his friends in circle before he carefully spill the beans. 

 

“There were few students who went missing and never found. One was on the mental hospital now. What creepy is that they all claimed there’s something odd about the campus.  I think they found something that shouldn’t be revealed. “

 

“How about the student on the mental hospital?  Did he tell something too? “ Joochan quickly asked. 

 

“They said he totally lost his mind. He just keep saying blood all over again so something must have happened to his friends during that time. “ Youngtaek took a deep breath. He got goosebumps when the wind suddenly blows heavily, making the leaves fall on the ground. 

 

“I’ve heard of similar rumor. “ Seungmin muttered. 

 

“What is it? “ Their interest seems to grow more than expected. All eyes turn to Seungmin whose facing the ground with deep thoughts

 

“My grandfather told me that there were students who went missing many years ago but they came back.“

 

“Then that’s great if they’re alive. “ Youngtaek sighed in relief. Maybe rumors are not even true. Why would they believe such rumors? 

 

“But the odd thing is.. “ Seungmin look at them with a serious face. His tone of voice is so low. It’s like he’s about to whisper. “They still look the same after many years passed. “

 

“Really?? How’s that even possible? Maybe they had plastic surgery or something? “ Jangjun looks so confused, scratching his head as he try to process what he just heard. 

 

“Could it be that… they’re vampires or something? “ Joochan muttered in his breath. 

 

“Do you really believe in vampires, guys? “ Youngtaek asked in curiousity. There must be something in between the lines. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter