Challenge

Love Me Like I Do

CHAPTER 2


Sunhee unbuckled her seatbelt and she turned to her boyfriend at the driver’s seat.

“Thank you for today. I had fun.” She smiled sweetly.

“Most welcome. Anything for my girl,” he tucked her hair behind her ear then his hand reached for her neck and pulled it towards him. He himself is already tilting his head; wanting to give a goodbye kiss.

Tock. Tock. Tock.

But their moment was interrupted. He glanced to behind her and saw her unhappy neighbor.

“Look, it’s your clingy neighbor.” He stated in sarcasm. Sunhee quickly turned around and sighed in defeat. What a great timing.

“Are you sure he’s not serious about you?” her boyfriend asked; sounded suspicious of her close relationship with Jungkook.

“I’ve told you we’re like brother and sister. We are both the only child in our family.” Again, Sunhee explained for the nth times.

“I don’t care, just don’t get too touchy with him.” He reminds as he glared to Jungkook.

Sunhee got off the car and Jungkook quickly pulled her closer to him. He managed to piss off her boyfriend obviously, because he can see his eyes were burning in jealousy.

Yoongi watched his girlfriend standing so close to her neighbor. As a man himself, he knew how guys looked at the girl they love. He knew how a guy can be protective over the girl they care. Because he is just the same.

He didn’t believe in Jungkook but he believed in Sunhee. She told him she and Jungkook are like sibling so he believed her. He chose to put his trust in her and he hope that she wouldn’t betray him.

Yoongi growled internally when he saw Jungkook smirked at him. He must have thought that Sunhee is his the moment Yoongi will drive off. Yoongi glanced to Jungkook and smirked too.

“Well, try me .” Yoongi muttered before he drives away. He is certain that his girlfriend is not easily swayed by Jungkook.

Jungkook was pissed. He hates how arrogant Yoongi looks. In fact, he hates how much confident Yoongi has in Sunhee.

“Noona, you’re late today.” Jungkook turned to see his lovely first love.

“It’s just 6:30 PM Jungkook. I thought you’re busy with winter project?”

“Yeah but I’ve finished my part. I just want to talk to you.” said Jungkook. He smiled while he talked to her. It was his habit because he is genuinely happy to be able to talk to her. They were just talking and for others, it may not a big deal but for him it is.

“What is it?” Sunhee asked.

“I miss you,”

“Jungkook.”

“I miss talking to you,”

Sunhee sighed. Here we go again.

“Jungkook, I already have a boyfriend.” She stated firmly.

“So?” and he pretended to not understand what she is implying.

“So it was inappropriate for you to talk to me like that. It was rude.”

“Am I being rude to you? No. I am basically was just talking to you.”

Jungkook is so stubborn. Really. He is so thickheaded. No matter how many times she told him she belongs to someone else, Jungkook is always refusing to take in the fact.

“But weren’t you the one being rude noona?” Jungkook returned the argument. He stared at her eyes and he can tell that she was clueless. So he spoke clearer, “You broke our promise. I confessed to you first and you promised to me first that you would date me on my 18th birthday. But later you found yourself a boyfriend? You date him first instead of me?”

Jungkook was hurting as he feels betrayed.

“I didn’t promise you that I will not date anyone. I’ve made myself clearer and I told you that I don’t love you. But you chose to not listen to me. I reject you because I can’t love you more than as a brother. I promised to date you when you’re eighteen because then you’ll mature enough and understand why we can’t be together. You’re seventeen now yet you’re still talking about loving me. I don’t want to hurt you more than rejecting you Jungkook.”

Jungkook bit his lips. Sunhee is pushing him away again. Why can’t she give him a chance? How did she know she wouldn’t fall in love with him when she never gave him a chance to do so? And why don’t she gave herself a chance to look at him properly?

“Just keep your promise to date me on 1st September 2018. Because I will keep my promise to win over your heart.” With that, Jungkook leaves and gets in his home. He slammed the door in frustration and it startles his two friends upstairs.

Sooyun and Jimin looked at each other.

“They are fighting again aren’t they?”Jimin asked. Sooyun nods. Then they sigh.

Jungkook soon enters the room with a grim face and he throws over his hoodie on the bed. The flying hoodie barely touches Jimin’s soft hair and it annoys him.

“What the heel?” Jimin snarled.

“Jimin, don’t.” Sooyun warned. She doesn’t want another fight to occur. Not in front of her.

“Dude, don’t let out your frustration on other people.” Advise Jimin.

“I’m sorry,” Jungkook easily apologized. “It’s Sunhee. She never tried to open her heart to me, how could she told me to stop trying?” Jungkook brushed his hair back. He was upset yet again.

“Maybe you are the one who should try to open your heart? She told you she can’t love you like you do. So why don’t you find someone else?” Sooyun questioned. Jimin was surprised and Jungkook was baffled to hear that coming from Sooyun.

Sooyun has never tried to interfere into his complicated love story. Never she did care about it.

“You can’t blame her when she didn’t feel the same way you did.”

“But I can’t love anyone beside her. I will try my best until my next birthday. If I can’t change her feelings, then I’ll give up.” Jungkook was determined.

“Great, because I will try my best too.” Sooyun wanted to challenge herself too. Jimin can tell what she was up to, but not Jungkook.

“For your information, I love you Jeon Jungkook.” There she goes.

-to be continued


 

I'm sorry I forgot to update this hehe