Thank you

Silence(JENLISA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie groaned as she tried to open her eyes, she was sleepy after all. She was about to wake up thinking she’d be late for school but grinned afwards she realized today was holiday. Due to something at school, it was closed and Jennie was happy but also sad, because she wanted her apple and a juice from Lisa.

 As promised, Lisa bought Jennie an apple and a juice these past days. She was happy and always had an unsettling feeling whenever she saw Lisa. It was weird. And she was more vulnerable when she remembered that tomorrow was her last day in school. She had to give the file back to the administration and her parents had already signed it.

Although she was sleepy, she tucked herself out from her massive bed and stood up, stretching her arms.

Today was a special day, very special to her.

She quickly managed to wash her face and change into new clothes and ran downstairs. She walked down the grand and big stairs while searching the apple of her eye, her dad.

“Appa?” She called out once she reached down and looked through the living room.

 She then proceeded to his study office but still no sight of him.

“Appa!?” She yelled a little louder and it echoed through the big house.

“Jennie,, are you alright!??” The worried mother instead came running after hearing her daughter scream so loud. Even the maids followed to see if the daughter is okay or not.

Jennie flashed a small smile and nodded, “I’m fine, and where is appa?”

“Oh, honey, he went to work because something urgent aroused and he was needed.” Her mother said.

Jennie frowned, “It’s his birthday today, eomma”

“He promised to get back for dinner, Nini.” Her mother assured her as she patted her back lightly.

Still, the frown was evident in Jennie’s face but she quickly wiped off the frown and smiled back at her mother.

“It’s okay then, I was thinking to go to the mall to get him something.”

“Ahh...I’ll come with you darling.” Her mother replied.

Jennie smiled and said ‘okay’ because she exactly knew why she had said it. She wanted to protect her and if something suddenly happened to her, it could be tragic. She understood her mother a lot ever since she saw her cry the first time they found out about her disease.

“Well, hello guys.” Someone said and got their attention.

Both of them looked back and saw no other than Kim Seokjin,

Jennie’s one and only cousin.

“Oppa?”  Jennie said with wide eyes because it was a long time since they met each other.

“Jennie!!” Jin shouted as he hugged the fragile Jennie.

“Good morning, omoni.” Jin greeted Jennie’s mother.

“Aigoo, you’ve become more handsome.” She smiled and looked his face precisely.

“It runs in our blood,” Jin said with a cheeky smile.

“What brings you here darling?” The mother asked.

Jin smiled and held the big paper bag up and said, “It’s uncle’s birthday, so I thought of coming here and saying him my greetings. Where is he by the way?”

“Ah, he’s at work, Seokjin. He’ll only be back by dinner.”

“Aish...” Jin grumbled.

“You can stay here for dinner, oppa.” Jennie said while clinging into his arm.

Jin knew about his cousin’s condition but loved her no matter what. They’ve grown together and with so much memories and he wanted to hold her dearly as ever.

“I can’t, Jen, I still have work today. I just came for a short visit to greet your father.” He said as he caressed her hands softly.

Jennie pouted, “It’s not fair, oppa. I rarely see you and you’re already leaving...”

“Well, I still have some more hours to slack so I can stay with you upto that.” Jin said to her.

Jennie grinned, “Accompany me to the mall, then. I don’t want to go with Eomma. She will nag as usual.”

Jin laughed and her mother chuckled, “I nag because I’m your mother, Jennie. It’s natural.”

“It’s irritating, Eomma.” Jennie giggled as well.

It was irritating but she never hated it, instead Jennie loved it no matter what. She loved her mother.

-

 

“You know what happened in my work, Jen?” Jin asked as he turned around to face Jennie, who was reading a novel.

They were at Jennie’s room after eating breakfast, although Jin refused because he had already eaten. It was too early to go to the mall, so they were just doing their own stuffs.

Jennie looked Jin and raised her brows asking ‘What?’

“So, a week ago, one of my friend named, Jimin, was thrown out from the company.” Jin said.

“What’s the deal then oppa? He must have been slacking like you so he got fired.” Jennie rolled her eyes.

Jin shook his head and continued his story, “No, he was really good employee with the best skill and results.”

“The reason was that he is homoual...” Jin added.

Jennie looked away from her book and looked the latter so serious. It drew her attention.

“Nobody knew about it but one of the employees saw him with his boyfriend, I presume. They were kissing in the alley. The next day, the whole office knew about it and he was humiliated so badly. I tried to take his side but the others just insulted him. Because of the ruckus, he was fired.”

“It’s not even his fault, oppa. The people who insulted him should be fired. What the heck?” Jennie spitted as she was disgusted to listen what happened to the boy.

“Exactly, I even told the office head about it but they just saw him at fault. This society scares me, Jennie. It was so wrong. I felt really sorry for him. He was a good person.” Jin hummed.

Jennie didn’t say anything because she knew how conservative the society was and they could never accept it. He was mistreated and it was wrong, he deserved better. If it is love, then it holds no beyond.

But, thankfully, Jin changed the topic and started to share other stories to her. Jennie also listened to it carefully and also told him about her days.

In the midst of their conversation, she didn’t know when she started to tell him about Lisa. It had been a few days and Lisa was frequently in her mind. Lisa had a nice personality and Jennie liked her for that, she was honest. Jennie loved honesty.

“She even bought me a drink and an apple, all because she thought I was being unhealthier. It was sweet of her and I felt happy.” Jennie exclaimed with so much energy.

“That’s sweet, so what about your other friends? Jisoo?” Jin asked.

“Ah, Jichu, she’s good and as usual, she’s bubbly. Irene’s good too and even Seulgi, she just returned from Thailand. The dance club had gone to Thailand for 6 months. Oh! Lisa’s also one of the dancer in the club and she’s the youngest there. I swear oppa; she looks like a pro when she dances.”

Jennie kept rambling about Lisa and she could go on and on if Jin hadn’t stopped her.

“You seem like a crazy person now, Jennie. You’re rambling about her a lot,” Jin said with an amazed look, because Jennie had never exaggerated so much like that, not even her best friends.

Jennie stopped talking and hides her blush that was creeping over her cheeks. She fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter