CAN WE MAKE IT? PART 3

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

iKON walk themselves proudly back to their dressing room after they received their first win with their debut song, My Type. It has only been almost two weeks since their debut stage but here they are, already have a bacon to bring one home.

 

They were congratulated by their stylists, managers and other YG staffs. After doing some thankful greetings, the group prepared to go the company to meet up with their CEO.

 

Hanbin fished his phone and a smile automatically creep upon his face.

 

'Congrats, Hanbinniee :))'

 

A single message from Jennie yet it can send thousands of butterflies on his stomach. Hanbin and Jennie exchange messages almost everyday updating each other. Jennie told him that she is secretly using her old phone which Hanbin find funny for her being slick. Nobody knows that they are in contact with each other, except for Jinhwan who keeps on bugging him about her but he only answers him with either a shrug or a cold stare.

 

"Hey hey hey! Hanbin looks so happy with our first win!" Yunhyeong, who's sitting beside him, hyped up. They're currently on their way to YG on their company car.

 

"Stop that, hyung. You're creeping me out." The maknae teasingly complained.

 

Everyone is giving him a curious look. "Wae? Aren't we all happy about this?" Hanbin asked them back.

 

"We are! But it's unusual to see you smile like an idiot." Bobby said with his hoarse voice earning a laugh from s.

 

Hanbin glared but it did not stop them from laughing at him. He ignored them and type something to reply to Jennie.

 

'Thanks Jen. Wanna celebrate? ㅋㅋㅋ'

 

"If you only knew why he's like that." Jinhwan said getting everybody's attention.

 

Hanbin squinted his eyes at Jinhwan who just let out a chuckle. He may not tell things to Jinhwan about Jennie but he still knows that he and Jennie are in contact.

 

"Why? Are we missing something here?" Junhoe pried.

 

"Yah Hanbin! Are you inspired or something?" Yunhyeong nudged him.

 

Hanbin felt cold sweats from his nape. Yes, he is definitely inspired but he can't share this with them. He is fully aware that communicating with Jennie is prohibited by YG but he just can't help it, especially when Jennie obviously enjoys talking to him.

 

Damn, this midget. He sent a deadly glare to Jinhwan who begins to laugh. Probably because he is busted.

 

"Maybe Hanbin hyung is inspired to write another song." Donghyuk guessed. 

 

"Yes, I am." He instantly agreed while thanking Donghyuk on his mind for saving him.

 

"Aish! Don't get me wrong but I think that would still be too early, Hanbin-ah. We're not even halfway from promoting this album." Bobby helped Hanbin on writing some of the songs on this album, and he just want to rest after that.

 

"Yes, hyung. Please let us rest." The inner maknae persona from Chanwoo got out from him when he said that.

 

Now the tables had turn. Everyone look at him looking like they are begging him. Hanbin likes it when he takes control of everything. Let's just spare the naughty Jinhwan for putting his friends on this situation.

 

"I'll think about it." Hanbin smiled at them cockily. It's just funny how their teasing backfired at them.

 

"You are heartless, Kim Hanbin!"

 

Complaints and ramblings started from s so Hanbin decided to plug in his earphones. It would be much better to listen to good music rather than their voices.

 

His phone rang a significant tone indicating that he received a text.

 

'Sure 🙂'

 

It has been their activity to sneak out secretly. Jennie might take their meet ups as simple friendly hang-outs but for Hanbin, it's more than that. And this time, he wants it to be special. Hanbin instantly thought of something that will surprise Jennie and he hopes that she will consider it.

 

 

*******

 

 

JENNIE POV 

 

I hid my phone on my sweater's pocket after sending a congratulatory message to Hanbin. I'm secretly using my old phone just to get in touch with him. We have been exchanging messages and I can't deny that I am enjoying my sneaking time because of him.

 

I look at myself in the mirror and I noticed the the circles under my eyes getting darker. We're still taking dance practice lessons, doing covers of other dances and develop our vocal skills. I have to say that I can see the hope that YG will debut us. Maybe Hanbin is right that YG knows what he is doing for us. And thinking about it, I have to prepare something for Hanbin as a present for their successful debut.

 

I went out of the restroom (where I usually do my secret texting with Hanbin) when I got surprise by a standing Jisoo with her eyes squinting on me.

 

"Is something wrong, unnie?"

 

She did not answer but glance at me from head to toe. Her actions are making me nervous. Jisoo is the closest one to me so she may know if I'm hiding something.

 

"W-wae, unnie?" I nervously asked.

 

"Are you feeling okay?"

 

I gave her a questioning look, unsure where her question is coming from.

 

Jisoo sighed before giving me a worried look. "This past few days, I notice that you always excuse yourself and go to the restroom. Are you sick?"

 

I sighed internally and I'm glad that she's still oblivious about it. I hate to make my members worried about me but keeping this as a secret to them would be better. I chuckled and pinch her cheeks but that didn't erase her worried expression.

 

"I'm fine unnie. I'm just... a little constipated." I lied.

 

"Really?"

 

Lame, but I have to act this out. "Yeah. You want me to show you my evidence?"

 

Jisoo grimaced. "That's gross!"

 

I laughed at her and pulled her on her arm. "Let's go home. I'll cook for you."

 

She smiled at me and we went back to the dance practice room where Lisa and Chaeyoung are resting. We got our things and all four of us went down to the groundfloor. We waited for our van to come and we were surprised when iKON just came.

 

"Oppa! Congrats on your debut!" Lisa was the first one to notice them and she immediately greet them.

 

"You even got the first place already. Congrats sunbaenim." Chaeyoung greeted them.

 

"Thank you. And don't call us sunbaes. We're just at the same age here." I can see Jinhwan oppa getting shy.

 

"You're the oldest one here, hyung." I barely knew Chanwoo but he's like the boy version of me, savage.

 

"YAH!"

 

We laughed at Jinhwan oppa. Who would think that the oldest one is the shortest among them?

 

We may not be allowed to interact but if YG sajangnim or our managers are not around, we try to engage ourselves even with small talks. I guess we all just want to be friends.

 

I secretly glance over to Hanbin who has a facemask on. He pulled it down, enough for me to see him smiling. I smiled back and turn my look away from him. How can a simple smile from Hanbin make me feel giddy all over?

 

"You're going home?" Bobby asked us.

 

"Yup! Jennie will cook for us." Jisoo answered happily. I elbowed her lightly. I'm not that confident yet with my cooking skills but Jisoo seemed to be proud about it.

 

"Jennie knows how to cook too? Daebak!" Yunhyeong oppa commented.

 

I smiled to them. I am friends with other YG groups but compare to Lisa and Jisoo and Chaeyoung, I'm the least friendly. And I guess Hanbin and I are the same when it comes to being friendly with opposite . Hanbin is not that close to any girl artist in YG.

 

They continued to talk and I am just listening to them. And from time to time, I am glancing at Hanbin who seems to be having fun staring at me. He didn't even turn his look away which made me feel anxious that others might see him.

 

We did not talk about our meet ups to be just between the two of us. Did he tell it to any of s? I look at each of them but they seemed to not know. If they knew, they would tease Hanbin so I guess they really don't have any idea.

 

I look once again to Hanbin and send him a warning to stop staring at me but he just laugh it of.

 

"What's funny?" Bobby asked him.

 

"We're talking about their postponed debut and you're laughing. You're rude, hyung." Donghyuk shakes his head.

 

"No, no. I didn't mean that. I just remember something funny. Sorry." Hanbin said defensively, looking guilty.

 

My friends and I just laughed at him but s did not buy it. They and told us that he always do that, laughing without a reason.

 

I wanted to laugh hard but controlled it. He must be a weirdo. He stared at me again but I stuck my tongue at him.

 

Soon, our van came with our manager. We congratulated them once again and gave us good luck before we hopped in the van.

 

On our way home, we were scolded by Sangwon unnie, our manager, for talking to iKON. We apologized but I know my friends are not sincere about it, so do I. We reached our dorm and as promised, I prepare a meal for them.

 

"Unnie, I don't get it why Sangwon unnie doesn't want us to talk to them." Lisa said randomly, carefree to talk about iKON since Sangwon unnie is out.

 

"Because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter