-1-

Paper Plane

Chapter 1: Silence

"Doctor, how is he?" Namjoon, friend to the patient, asked as he looked at the doctor full of concern and worry, biting his lower lip Namjoon made a fist in his lap. "Will he be okay? Is he okay?" He added on to the first question. "Please." He begged.

The doctor then let out a soft sigh before he placed his pen down on his desk along with the glasses he had been wearing. He then looked at the two boys in front of him before he finally spoke. "He'll live..." He said, but then added "But..."

"But?" Seokjin, the older friend, said "Why but?"

"Listen," The doctor said. "Hoseok hit his head pretty hard when he fell. Since he isn't awake we can't tell if he is 100% good, there might be some things we can't see right now." He said "I can't fully tell you if he will be 100% good, we have to wait and see if he is okay. It's a miracle he is alive after the accident, I'm glad he is stable." The doctor continued before he turned to the nurse. "Take them to Hoseok's room."

"Yes, doctor." The nurse said before turning to face the two boys. "Follow me." She said with a smile, before both Namjoon and Seokjin stood up and followed the nurse.

In front of Hoseok's room the nurse let them in first before she walked next to Hoseok, who lay silently in his bed. Wires were connected to him while the heart monitor made a beeping sound.

The nurse made sure everything was in order before she placed the documents down on the table next to Hoseok's bed. "Everything seems to be doing good. He is a really strong boy." She said. "It's a miracle he survived."

Hoseok ended up in the hospital by pushing the youngest of the group out of the way when a drunk driver drove towards them running over Hoseok. Miraculously Hoseok had not broken anything, but did hit his head really bad, but all he needed were a few stitches.

Namjoon had decided to let Yoongi take the three youngest with him back to their dorm not wanting to get them overwhelmed, and Seokjin, as the oldest, staid behind to help out Namjoon in anything that he could.

"If you need anything don't hesitate to call." The nurse said softly before she walked out of the room, leaving Namjoon and Seokjin on their own with sleeping Hoseok.

Seokjin then placed his hand down on Namjoon's shoulder and smiled at him. "He'll be okay." Seokjin said. "Hoseok is a strong person, I'm sure he will be okay."

Around five hours since Namjoon and Seokjin got there Hoseok opened his eyes. Namjoon immediately stood up from his chair and looked at Hoseok who looked around confused.

"Hobi, are you okay?" Namjoon asked as Seokjin went ahead and called the nurse over.

"Hobi?" Namjoon called again taking Hoseok's hand gently into his own. "How are you feeling?"

Hoseok then faced Namjoon and blinked a little. Namjoon stared at him before he asked again. "Hobi, are you okay? Does anything hurt?" He asked and Hoseok brought both of his hands up to his ears. Hoseok then looked down at the covers, tilted his head and opened his mouth before he breathed out.

"Why...?" Hoseok whispered before his hands started to shake a little. "Why?" He said louder.

"Hobi?" Namjoon said.

"WHY?!" Hoseok yelled startling Namjoon and the nurse who had just gotten there with Seokjin.

"Hoseok?" The nurse called. "Hoseok?"

"WHY?!!" Hoseok yelled again as he rubbed his ears. "Why can't I hear you Namjoon?!" He yelled hitting his ears. "WHY?!"

"Hoseok calm down." The nurse said taking his arms to prevent him from hitting his head. "Call the doctor!" The nurse said as she tried to get Hoseok to calm down. The nurse held Hoseok gently in her arms while Namjoon held his hand tightly holding his tears in. Seokjin on the other hand was waiting for the doctor to get here and see what was wrong with his friend.

By the time the doctor was there Hoseok was calm, the nurse had been able to calm him down while both Namjoon and Seokjin held his hand gently.

The doctor then sat down on the chair and he wrote on the paper 'Hello Hoseok, I am your doctor, you were in an accident, do you remember?'

Hoseok stayed still before he nodded and looked at both Namjoon and Seokjin with worry. "Kookie, how is he? Is he okay?!" He asked looking at the two boys in front of him.

Namjoon nodded in return before Seokjin handed him his phone with a text that read 'He is alive because of you.' After Hoseok read that he let out a soft sigh and sunk back into his pillow. A smile formed in his face before he breathed out a 'Thank God.'

The doctor then wrote to Hoseok 'You hit your head pretty hard, it is a miracle you are alive, but it seems that your hearing was damaged. We are not sure if this is permanent, so we will need to bring you back for checking. The brain scans shows that everything is fine, so it might just be something that is temporary, do you understand?'

Hoseok nodded before the doctor placed his pen down. "I'm going to check him, right now. There is nothing we can do other than wait."

"We understand." Seokjin said. "When can he leave?" He asked.

"Tomorrow, but I need you to watch him and bring him in if anything happens, got it?" He asked. 

"Of course." Seokjin said smiling at Hoseok.

Once he was calm Hoseok was able to smile at his two friends. The doctor how now left and had left the three boys alone. It was true that Hoseok had lost his hearing, but Hoseok was glad that Jungkook was safe and did not get hurt.

While Hoseok slept Seokjin sat in the chair and rested his head against the window. Namjoon watched him from afar before he stood up and walked over to him "Are you okay?" He asked.

Seokjin let out a soft sigh and he looked at Namjoon. "Do you think he'll hear again?" He asked. Namjoon did not answer right away. He first took a seat next to Seokjin and looked outside.

"I don't know." He said. "I hope he does, after all it is our dream to debut." Namjoon then looked at Seokjin. "And he deserves it more than anyone else." Seokjin could only nod, he did not trust his voice in that situation, he did not want to worry Namjoon. He was the oldest he had to be strong for his younger friends.

"It'll be okay." Namjoon said smiling at Seokjin. "I'm sure it'll be okay."

Nodding Seokjin smiled slightly "You're right, everything will be okay."

Once the clock hit 9 o'clock in the morning Hoseok was on his way to their dorm where the three youngest and Yoongi waited patiently. Hoseok was on the back seat of the car. His hearing had not returned but it did not seem to face him at all. Hoseok stared outside through the car window with a small smile in his face.

In front of the their dorm room, Hoseok faced Namjoon and nodded to him letting him know that he was ready. Namjoon a little hesitant opened the door to be greeted by Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook running past him to hug Hoseok. Yoongi on the other hand only smiled from the entrance, glad that Hoseok was fine, other than the fact that he had lost his hearing.

Jungkook held Hoseok tightly as he buried his face on Hoseok's chest. "Sorry." He repeated over and over, in which Hoseok could not hear, yet he knew that the younger would be apologizing.

Hoseok then Jungkook's hair making the younger look up at him. With a smile Hoseok gently brushed the tears that lingered in his eyes before he said to him "Don't apologize." He then patted the younger's head and said "I'm glad Jungkook is safe and not hurt, so please don't apologize, and don't cry, everything will be okay."

It was true Hoseok was indeed a really positive person. He saw the good in everything, but Namjoon, Seokjin and Yoongi still worried, after all it was his dream to debut and be a successful idol, something that might change due to the fact that he had lost his hearing.

"Kids." Seokjin said. "Come on over here, we need to let Hoseok rest."

Letting go of Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook nodded before Seokjin smiled at Hoseok. Hoseok then handed Namjoon his stuff along with the paper work from the hospital. He had decided not to call his parents until maybe a month had gone by. He did not want to worry them since it was possible his hearing would come back. Hoseok had hope that his hearing would be back.

In his room Hoseok looked around. It was the same he had left it, except that it was cleaner and the window curtains were closed. Hoseok looked at his coral curtains before he opened them one to the left and the other to the right. With a small smile the male looked out at the world outside of his room.

He would be lying is he said he wasn't sad, because he was, but he knew deep down that everything would be okay. Looking around Hoseok let out a soft sigh, the silence was uncomfortable, he wasn't use to know hearing Seokjin yelling at the kids, or Yoongi complaining, or Namjoon breaking things, his smile faded before the room turned slightly darker as the clouds covered the sun.

Outside his room Yoongi took a deep breath before he opened the door to Hoseok's room. Yoongi blinked when he saw Hoseok sitting against the wall, behind the left coral curtain while folding a paper.

Closing the door Yoongi walked over the where Hoseok was currently sitting. Smiling a little at Hoseok Yoongi headed towards him and sat on the window ledge opposite of where Hoseok was sitting. Yoongi extended his legs on the ledge letting his back, rest against the wall placing his notepad on his leg as he watched Hoseok making a paper plane.

Hoseok then threw the paper plane watching it fall to the floor with a soft smile. Yoongi then heard how Seokjin was scolding Taehyung and Jimin after they had finished arguing. Yoongi then looked down at his notepad and with his pencil he wrote what was going on before handing Hoseok the paper.

Hoseok's hand then reached out of the curtain taking Yoongi's paper. Hoseok then read the paper and after reading he made his paper plane throwing it with a smile in his face. That went on for a while until Seokjin called them for dinner.

Yoongi then got off of the window ledge and signaled Hoseok to go with him.

Hoseok stayed seated as he looked at Yoongi with a smile on his face. Yoongi then turned to face him before he hurried over to Hoseok kneeling in front of him and hugged him tightly.

"Yoongi, thank you." Hoseok breathed out as tears rolled down his eyes.

Even if it was something small for Hoseok, those paper planes were his ears and even if he couldn't hear, the paper planes made it possible to hear. He knew things were going to be okay. 

 

 

                                                    -------------------THE END----------------