Chapter 9: That Night and Monday Morning

The Romance of the Unfortunate Girl

That night, my mom was reading a book or on her iPad. When I saw her she looked like she was hiding something from me.

Hey mom, can you tell you what you are doing? I asked. Hey Gaby, what is keeping you up? Ghita asked. What are you looking at? I asked. Well, you see the press were spying on you and now that saying there is a scandal. Ghita replied. Why me? I replied. I shake my head trying to wrap my head around the journalist words in the article. I thought. Sweetheart how about you read the article. Ghita replied. As I read the article, I was a little surprised by the wording they used. Mom, it says I was "ensnared" by the Prince. I replied. Mom, I would never be ensnared by anyone. I replied. Don't say such things. You will be surprised at what can happen next. Sweetheart, you are beautiful like me. So you could have ensnared him with your beauty. Ghita replied. Mom, did you ensnare my dad with your looks? I asked. You can say I did but let's get that man out of you though right now. Ghita replied. Mom, I am a victim of the publisher's false news. I replied. Just think of it like this. Ghita replied. No matter how hard you try, you will never be forgiven?" Ghita replied. Great mom, I need reassurance, not more doubts. I replied. You know you need to calm down. Ghita replied. It will be blown over by Monday. Ghita replied. 

At first, I thought my mom was telling the truth until on the way to school, I encountered the girls from my first day were gunning for me again. What do they have against me? I thought. Gaby, what is wrong with you? Charlotte asked. Those girls are gunning for me again. I replied. So those girls are jealous that my brother took you out? Charlotte asked. You know that he really got out his shell around you last Saturday. Charlotte replied. Hey Baudin, why are you hanging with the new girl? Amy asked. Well one, Gaby is a nice person other than you. You are just a jealous snobby girl who will never get anywhere in life but picking on others. Charlotte replied. You know you really don't have to stand up for me. I replied. In this case yes, my brother messed up but now since you forgiven him he has no guilty conscience anymore. Charlotte replied. The bell rang. Hey, we need to get to class before the teacher won't let us in. I replied.