... my heart

Stay still my heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You bastard!!"

 

Kyungsoo stops with hand in the air forming a loose fist, stopping himself from throwing a punch.

 

"Am I?"

 

Kyungsoo's visibly shaking as streaks of clear liquid streaming down his cheeks. He sniffs a few times, fighting another sob from escaping his lips.

 

"You moved all the way to Japan!!"

 

"You came all the way to Japan," Jongin reminds him and smiles when Kyungsoo glares at him with wet eyes. He should not bite those lips too much, he might break the skin and bleed.

 

Without another word, Jongin steps aside, waiting for him to step inside. But Kyungsoo scoots closer and encloses them in a embrace.

 

Mmm... His smell..  Jongin has missed so much, the scarf doesn't smell like him anymore. Over the couple of months it has lost it. His hand hover over Kyungsoo's back, berating himself to return the hug or not. But in the end, fck it, he thinks and crushes the smaller.

 

Jongin should have known, it's different than other hugs they shared. Kyungsoo hugs him closer and tighter like if there was even a slightest gap, Jongin would slip from those cracks like quick sand.

 

 "Who?"

 

"Baekhyun," comes the small cracked voice, as more tears wet his shirt.

 

Jongin clicks his tongue. Of course, Byun Baekhyun! He is such a loose mouth. He should have not let him in but he was the one issuing all the payments and making the arrangements he had requested.

 

"I had to put him in headlock," Kyungsoo mumbles, still hugging. Laughing a little that rattles against Jongin’s chest and reverberating through his whole body, that he couldn’t help but laugh into the black tumble of hair.

 

"Can we go inside?" He lets go of the hug, it's getting too much. Too much for his heart to handle.

 

"Let me hug you for the lost time," Kyungsoo snuggles even more closer if that's even possible.

 

Jongin clenches his hands into fists by his sides after letting them hover over Kyungsoo's back and deciding against it this time. "Kyungsoo, I can't breathe," he grunts after several minutes of being squished between soft hands, and warm chest.

 

That makes him immediately retreat but Jongin misses the body warmth already.

 

"Where are you staying?" Jongin jogs over to the kitchenette, setting the kettle of water. He has so many questions, but Kyungsoo seems to ignore everything else except what he came for aka Jongin. And the thought alone making his knees buckle. What he had hid all along is now laid between them like blank sheet of paper. And he can’t let Kyungsoo to fill it.

 

"You learned cooking?" Kyungsoo looks amused perched on the kitchen top. Keeping closer distance ever since his arrival. So obvious,like always. 

 

Jongin shrugs and pulls out few varieties of teabag boxes he had bought from the traditional tea store. "It's just tea," he says, turning off the fire and pouring the hot water into two cups once he deems it's the right temperature as he studied in those tea preparation guide.

 

Kyungsoo points the sencha as Jongin picks sakura sachet, his favourite. Jongin fell in love with its lightness and the floral after taste it leaves. Pleasant, nothing too heavy.

 

"It's a bit tangy," Kyungsoo comments, placing his cup down, pressing his lips together. "Let me try yours," He doesn't wait and snatches Jongin's cup away and takes a sip, nodding in satisfaction. "Yours is better than mine!!" He accuses, deciding he likes this cup of tea better.

 

"I let you choose!!" Jongin reminds him, unamused at the sulk in his voice.

 

"Did you Jongin? Really? Did you give me a chance to choose?"

 

And Jongin notices how much weight Kyungsoo had lost, his cheeks doesn't have the lush like before, even the dark circles around his eyes revealing more than those sly lips masking everything with smiles since his arrival.

 

"Yes," Jongin clears his throat as it constrains forming the simple word.

 

"You should have let me choose other things too then."

 

And suddenly they aren't talking about the tea anympre. Jongin averts his eyes to the table, tracing the wooden swirls with his gaze. Kyungsoo frowns.

 

Unspoken tension and awkward lull..

 

***

 

"Nothing good would come of it Kyungsoo," Jongin tells him eventually.

 

"It's not up for you to decide," Kyungsoo replies, challenging Jongin turning to face him.

 

Kyungsoo had dragged Jongin outside wanting to see the small town, despite Jongin saying there isn't much to see in the small town besides the sea, surrounded by mountains and forests. At the end of the may, as best part of the spring has left the town. No more cherry blossoms to see or stroll in the streets ablaze with beautiful white and pink sakura. sweet and short lived beauty of nature.

 

Fingers curl around Jongin’s wrist lifting up, Kyungsoo brings it close to his face. Jongin stares as Kyungsoo bites into the small piece of yakitori, holding it between teeth and lets it slide off from the wooden skewer. The sauce sticking to his lips is very distracting as it glistens under the streetlights.

 

The wind blows making the hair fall into his eyes. Jongin reaches to push it back with the free hand but the hand decides to creep to the lips and wipe the sauce away and lingering there. Kyungsoo's lips parts and the wet tongue laps at the pad of finger and then it inside gently.

 

Jongin forgets to breathe watching his finger disappear inside Kyungsoo's wet mouth, as the cushion like lips wrap around it. It's hot. His body and everything feels hot. Must be that hot piece of food he just ate with spicy sauce.

 

"Jongin-san!!"

 

Like electric shot broke the spell, Jongin pulls the finger out and turns to the cute girl, who is greeting him excitedly.

 

"Azumi" Jongin bends down and starts talking to the girl in almost perfect Japanese. He still has thick Korean accent laced around the words, from making it too perfect.

 

Azumi excitedly shows him one of those burnt sugar candies with a four petal flower cut design. Jongin ruffles her hair lovingly, causing her to pout and combs back her bangs with fingers in place. She giggles cutely.

 

"Kyungsoo-san!!!" She claps once she spots the other standing there awkwardly, with a cup of his own snack.

 

Kyungsoo's ears perks up at mention of his name and catches Jongin placing a finger on her lips and talking something in hushed voices. Its Japanese, even if Kyungsoo strains to hear the words, he wouldn’t understand a of it. puftt..

 

 She giggles and waves them both goodbye, running down the street to an old lady.

 

"She said my name." It's more of a statement than a question, amusement donning his face as twinkles of something sparkled in those eyes. It took Jongin considerable amount of self control and restrainment to not lean in and capture those lips with his.

 

"Jongin, she said my name!!" Kyungsoo pulls him back by elbow  as he fell a step behind since Jongin opted to walk ahead, he is still having that huge grin.

 

"She just saw your picture in my phone," he tries to wave it off as nothing big or important.

 

"You have my picture in your phone?"

 

And the smug smile of Kyungsoo remained for the rest of the night as they ventured the night streets trying different local food items.

 

***


 

The light flickers a few times but the power stays, the town is hit by a storm, as expected of rainy June.

 

"How long are you staying?" Jongin rolls around in bed and snuggle more into the sheets. It's getting colder due to the continuous rains for the past three days.

 

"How long you want me?" Kyungsoo is just as unfazed, perched on the chair by the window. It's closed but shuddering once in a while as the wind slams on it, letting its presence known.

 

"How about you leave tomorrow?"

 

"I can't," he gestures outside and shrugs without sparing him a glance and turning the next page of what he had in his hands and humming in approval of what he greets him.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter