Chapter 1

Love Coffee

“Ahreumie? Did you hear me?” Baekhyun looked at me while waving his hand in front of my face. I snapped out of the trance I was in. It was getting colder and snowier as it was nearing the end of the year.

 

“Sorry what was that?” I tucked my hair behind my ear and intently looked at him as he spoke. With exaggerated mouth movement and slow pace he looked at her and said,”The semester....is half finished…. did you want to...hang out with us... at our cabin trip...for the winter break?”

 

Although I did have the slight urge to punch him for teasing me, I was delighted to hear that they wanted to hang out with little old Ahreumie.

 

“You know what? I can go. Besides what am I gonna do other than stay holed up in my apartment for a whole month watching 3 seasons of a show and eating ice cream right?”

 

“Who eats ice cream in the winter?” Jongin looked at me with a puzzled face. The three of us were sat in a cafe doing our shared work for our presentation.

 

“I do, ice cream is for all year round.” I said as I neatly sorted my papers. My papers in comparison to them, Kai had the least notes and little drawings. Baekhyun had a lot of scribbles and I had all my notes written but way more than I needed and somehow we all worked well together. “Who else is going to the cabin anyway?” I said as I sipped my caramel drink.

 

“Well, obviously me and Jongin are going… And then there’s Sehun, you don’t know him yet, he’s our friend from high school, and he might bring a friend too, dunno who she or he is yet…” He pondered a bit. “And then there’s our friend Chanyeol from highschool too, be a bit cautious around him… And then there’s Suho and his girlfriend. That’s about it.” He counted on his fingers. “And that makes 1...2...3… about 7 and if you go then that makes 8 people. And this is a carpool type of situation so that means we’ll split up into 2 cars.”

 

“Is there anything else I should know about this trip?”

 

“There is enough rooms that we could all get our own. And there’s a pool table, and a hot tub and a huge TV~.” Baekhyun began getting a little excited and shook his shoulders a bit with a smile. “We’re gonna have fun, and since we’re all legal adults we’re gonna have a little bit of magic juice too.”

 

Jongin leaned into me and whispered, “and by a little bit, he means a lot.” I wasn’t really a heavy drinker but I never tested my limits. And besides, how bad could it be?



 

 


 



 

We wrapped up our study notes and were ready to head out of the cafe. There were light snowflakes falling from the sky. It wasn’t enough to be really cold but it wasn’t enough to pile up.

 

“And when do I have to get ready by?” I asked.

 

“Plans are to be there by 1pm so be ready 3 hours in advance? The car ride there is about 2 hours away.” Jongin answered. He looked at his cell phone and took out his keys. Baekhyun followed behind, exiting the cafe.

 

“Did you need me to send you home?,” Baekhyun asked as he pulled out his keys.

 

“No, thanks for the ride here though. Jongin is sending me home today.” I waved him off.

“I guess the next time we’ll see each other is at the cabin then,” Baekhyun said as he walked backwards getting smaller and smaller.

 

“We have class on Friday!” I shouted as he backed away.

 

“Oh Yeah I Forgot! Bye Ahreumie!” He said as he waved getting into his car. Jongin stood behind me and placed his hand over my shoulder.

 

“You ready Ahreum?” He asked. Jongin opened the door for me and shielded my head getting into the car. He walked around the front of the car and got in. As he started the car he adjusted the mirrors in the car.

 

“You’re always so meticulous yaknow?”

 

He flipped on the signal and drove out. “I have to be, especially if someone is in the car with me.”

 

“Not just with driving but with like, everything.”

 

He hummed in response as he turned the corner.

 

We stopped at a red light and I took this chance to ask him what was on my mind. “So… how did your date go?” I watched him as he looked ahead of us.

 

“It failed… we just didn’t get along.” He kept his eyes forward with his hands on the steering wheel. “... How about you? Any dating luck? Like any guys?”

 

I thought about it for a moment before answering.

 

“No actually… I think I want to be single this year…”

 

“You can’t decide to be single. It just happens.”

 

“Shutupp.”

 

“It’s true though. Your last boyfriend was talking to another girl.” He said as the light turned green.

 

“Wellll….technically we weren’t officially dating… I just kinda told you guys I liked him.” I said as I looked out the window. I slightly pouted cause even if we weren’t dating it still pricked a little. We were talking but he never said he had another girl. Or maybe I was the other girl.

 

“How about any guys around you?”

 

“Around me? But there’s only you and Baekhyun.”

 

“How about you give me a chance?”

 

A chance? I looked at Jongin as he was driving, eyes still straight forward. I was surprised, I wasn’t a complete air head and wouldn’t exactly NOT realize if someone liked me but we were good friends.

 

“Jongin I-” The car stopped in front of my apartment before I could complete my sentence.

 

“Don’t think too hard about it, It was just a thought since we’re both single adults. And besides if things don’t work out you can always call me.” He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out his car to round it and open my door as I was grabbing my items.

 

“Pfftt are you serious Kim?” I laughed as I got out the car.

 

“Why not? We’re both responsible adults and we trust each other right?” He shut the door, locking them, and held the back of my waist as we walked to the lobby.

 

“Sure thing then Jongin. If I ever need you, you’ll be the first one I call.” Jeez. Jongin could be such a joker sometimes.

 

The elevator arrived and we both stepped in. Walking out onto the 5th floor we both walked to the front of my apartment room. Grabbing my keys from my bag I unlock the door and proceed to walk in only to be stopped from Jongin grabbing my hand.

 

“I really mean it Ahreum. If you ever need to depend on anybody I’m here.” He looked at me with eyes full of sincerity. He watched over me like a brother and I could depend on him like one too. I turned around and hugged him by the waist.

 

“Thank you Jongin.” Letting go of his waist I wave him goodbye and walk into my apartment. I set my things down and washed up as it’s almost 7 pm.

 

I lugged out my suitcase and wrote myself a list of items to bring. I hated being underprepared but somehow I always knew to forget something.

 

 


 

The three of us gathered often to quiz and study with each other for the exam that was on Friday. With Jongin offering to be my, I guess you can call it part time boyfriend, was somewhat weird but I’m sure he meant it in a comforting way. Besides, we’re friends.

 

The days went by fast and finals were like a kidney stone it would pass but be a little bit painful. Without me really knowing the day of the cabin came by quick.

 

Just the day before I had packed all my things and ticked things off my list. The only things I needed left to pack were my essentials like toothbrush, hair brush, and skin care items I would still need in the morning.

 

Looking at the clock it was 9 pm. ‘To go to sleep early or watch an episode…’ I set up the TV and grabbed my blanket from the room and settled on the couch. I laughed as a comedic scene played out. Somehow I found myself watching 1 more episode than i promised myself. I check again at the clock and it was already 11 pm. I turn off the lights and head to my bedroom to my soft warm sheets.



 

Morning time comes and I find myself laying in my bed of my apartment. I roll around on my bed looking at the clock, showing me that I had an hour to prepare to leave. Easy peasy, I could get ready in 45 minutes with 15 minutes left to spare. I wrap the sheets around me protectively, ‘The sheets smell really nice’ I think to myself as I bury myself in the comforter. Just then there was a buzz to my phone.

 

Baekhyun the punching target:

 

Hey Ahreumie! Turns out we’re gonna have to go about half an hour early to avoid that little snow storm before going to the cabin. See ya in 20 minutes!

 

Time 9:10

 

“20 minutes… 20 minutes!!!” I get my up cause I slept a little (a lot) later than usual because I wanted to finish an episode of the comedy show I was watching last night. Hey, time goes by fast when you’re just a lonely girl living alone in an apartment with no one to stop you.

 

I go into the bathroom and quickly wash my face. I quickly shower myself while brushing my teeth. Finishing up my shower and brushing my teeth I pat my face and body down while slapping my skincare on. I freshen up my face making myself look a bit more lively with some makeup and my signature blush. I throw my outfit for the day on my bed and roll my suitcase into the living room. I put all my things in my luggage and throw my laptop into my backpack. I wrap up my phone charger wire and look at my phone.

 

Baekhyun the punching target:

 

We’re in the elevator

 

Time 9:30

 

Just then a knock was sounded at the door.

 

“J-Just a minute!” I shouted as I ran into my room. I throw on my outfit that consisted of a gray hoodie, white shirt, and comfortable adidas track pants and throw my phone into my pocket all within a minute. I rush to the door and open it and am surprised that I was staring straight at a broad chest. A much taller stranger. I look up at the face of the stranger and his big eyes were staring right back at me. Before he was able to talk and because I was a much smaller person to him, out of safety I briefly tried to shoo him away.

 

“Sorry, I think you got the wrong door.” Just as I was about to close it, I hear a familiar voice.

 

“WAIT! Ahreum!” I look toward the voice and see Baekhyun running forward. I wait for him to come and he stops to the front of the door catching his breath.With his hand on the door. “We’re here to pick you up.”

 

I take another look at the stranger. And then at Baekhyun.

 

“Oh yeah, and this is Chanyeol.”

 

 


Authors Note: So what do you guys think? My man Chanyeol finally getting his main lead role in a fanfiction that isn't surrounding Baekhyun of being a doofus side character. The formatting pasted weirdly on here but i will try to find a way around that. I can't promise regular updates but I see this story having maybe 10~15 chapters. I'll try to upload weekly or Bi-weekly so thanks for reading