vows

Hearts don't break around here

You could say it’s the heat of the moment. They most certainly haven’t thought this through, not when they got engaged and especially not when they decide to get married only two weeks after the engagement. Both decisions were made after a fight, much like every big decision they’ve ever made.

The fight that lead to the engagement was about something small, something like why Jungkook didn’t take out the trash or why Jimin left the TV on when he was done watching it. The fight was about something so small they can’t even remember why they were fighting. All they can remember is how after an hour of yelling at each other, in the middle of the fight, Jimin got on one knee and asked Jungkook to marry him. Needless to say, Jungkook answered yes without a moment of hesitation and their fight was forgotten. Just like that.  

At that point they had known each other for years but only dated for months. However it didn’t feel rushed, they were meant to be and everyone knew it.

Jimin and Jungkook fight a lot. They fight about small, meaningless things that in a few days don’t matter. They usually don’t even remember what they were fighting about the night before. So they fight a lot. It doesn’t mean they aren’t happy. No, they are insanely happy. They’re so in love they have a hard time believing it. And while they still have a lot to learn about relationships, they know it’s all about hard work. Jimin and Jungkook are both determined to make it work.

Tonight’s fight is about dishes. Or at least it started from that, now they’re not even sure what they’re fighting about. They’re yelling at each other, meaningless words that made no sense but it doesn’t make a difference anyway. They’re not listening to what the other is saying, just yelling. They’re not even thinking about what they’re saying, not trying to make sense. And much like last time, Jimin’s getting sick of it.

“Let’s just get married!”

And for a while Jungkook just looks at him quietly with a confused expression, as if the words Jimin said didn’t make sense, as if they are words Jungkook has never heard before. His shoulders relax and his hands drop to his sides. For a while it’s just Jungkook and Jimin looking into each other’s eyes. Just like that, much like the last time, the fight is forgotten.

“We’re already getting married, hyung, we’ve already decided the month and everything”, he says and steps closer, so close that Jimin has to tilt his head up a bit to look at the younger.

“I know we have”, Jimin takes Jungkook’s hand in his own and plays with the silver ring on the younger’s finger (oh how beautifully it fits, how beautifully it states that Jungkook is Jimin’s), “but it’s a year away. I don’t want to wait. I want to marry you as soon as possible.”

“Okay. When do you want to do it?” Jungkook asks with a wide smile, looking down at their hands. It makes Jimin smile too, how they can switch the bad mood off so suddenly.

“Tomorrow too soon?”

“Tomorrow’s perfect.”

 

I vow to always be there for you no matter what,

I vow to be there for you when you need it and when you don’t

 

It’s Saturday night when Jimin and Jungkook get married. It’s nothing fancy, they couldn’t get a venue or a church in such short notice so they have the wedding at Jin’s huge, well-decorated apartment. Jin also baked the cake (double-chocolate with strawberries) and got the license (probably illegally online) to marry them. He’s been friends with Jungkook for as long as Jungkook can remember and besides having his own bakery, he’s a part-time matchmaker. Nobody can get two people who are perfect for each other together quite like him. Jin introduced Jungkook to Jimin who back then was working at Jin’s bakery.

Of course, Jimin and Jungkook have no clue Jin is behind their super romantic love story. Even though it took years for the two to start dating, Jin always knew that one day they would. He just knows these things. It’s incredible really how good he is at it. Not one couple he’s set up has broken up. Jimin and Jungkook will be no exception.

You could say Jin loves weddings. This one, as he likes to lecture the young couple every chance he gets, is not enough. They should wait and have a huge wedding with lots of guests and flowers and a fancy venue. Jimin and Jungkook only look at each other with a knowing smile. They don’t want to wait. Both originally wanted a fancy wedding, especially Jimin, but they’re so set on getting married that they kind of stopped caring in the last 24 hours.

Not a lot of people could make it to the wedding, only their closest friends and Jimin’s brother. Both Jimin and Jungkook’s parents are out of country on a well deserved vacation (they are good friends, have been for years thanks to Jimin and Jungkook and so decided they should go traveling all four of them together) and needless to say they were furious when they heard the news. What kind of a child decides to get married when his parents are abroad? Jimin and Jungkook only smiled that knowing smile because they don’t want to wait and promised their parents they would have a party later so everyone could attend. To Jin they promise that the party will be filled with flowers and good food. They promise that they will have a fancy venue and lots of guests.

It’s a very simple wedding. They say ‘I do’ in the middle of Jin’s living room with their friends sitting on the two black leather couches. Jimin and Jungkook had no time to write their vows so they mostly improvise. The vows are much like the wedding: very simple but so, so meaningful. Afterwards they eat cake and put some music on. First slow, romantic songs because they have to have their wedding dance. It’s merely a slow dance, Jimin and Jungkook just basically hug each other and move their weight from one feet to another but it’s beautiful. Later on the songs start to change to more upbeat ones because they’re still young and like to party. And is there a better reason to party than Jimin and Jungkook getting married? All of them dance and drink champagne and just have a good time until they have to turn off the music so Jin’s neighbors wouldn’t complain.

Then they order pizza because none of them has eaten anything besides the cake all day (Jimin and Jungkook because they were so nervous and excited and others because they were busy making all of it happen). They eat and talk late into the night and finally after midnight Jimin and Jungkook take off to a hotel they reserved. They want their wedding night to be somewhere special, somewhere they could go back to every year to celebrate anniversaries.

When they get to the hotel they’re exhausted. The last thing Jimin says before falling asleep is not what he usually says, but the message is still the same:

“We made it, Jungkookie.”

“We made it, hyung.”

It’s nothing like Jimin and Jungkook thought their wedding would be, it’s very simple and very casual but it couldn’t have been more perfect.

 

I vow to do everything in my power to make you happy,

To make you smile and laugh

 

It’s been two weeks since their wedding. They haven’t fought even once, it’s been wonderful. After thinking it through very carefully Jimin and Jungkook decide to go on their honeymoon only after the party, not the actual wedding. Mostly because both have work they couldn’t just leave but also because they want it to be special and well planned. They couldn’t book an entire honeymoon in just one night. So they decided to wait, the party will be in only two months so it’s not too long.

So yes, things have been great for the past two weeks. Both have enjoyed being married and it hasn’t been overwhelming or stressful like some people warned them it could be. It’s been very easy so far and so wonderful. That is, until Jimin almost ends up in the hospital from an allergic reaction and Jungkook freaks out.

“How could you not tell me you’re allergic to peaches? I could’ve killed you.”

“It’s not that severe of an allergy, I just forgot to mention it. Besides it goes away after I take my medicine. I’m not gonna die if I eat them anyway”, Jimin says and adjusts his pillow to make it more comfortable. It’s not late, only 10 in the evening, but both have to wake up early. Jungkook was quiet all the way from when Jimin’s allergic reaction got better to the moment they went to bed. It’s obvious he had something on his mind and was debating whether he should bring it up or not. He kept taking a breath and sitting up taller as if he was going to say something but instead sighed and leaned back again while they were watching the news.

“But it’s an important detail. I should know these things about you. Is there a lot more I don’t know?” Jungkook asks. He looks at Jimin with a worried look in his eyes. A worry Jimin doesn’t quite understand, a worry he hasn’t yet seen.

“Jungkook, we have the rest of our lives to find out every single detail of each other. I’m sure there’s something I don’t know about you.”

“I’ve told you everything about me.”

“Can we not fight? I’m exhausted”, Jimin sighs. He knows it’s not really a fight, he knows that Jungkook is just worried but Jimin wants to sleep with Jungkook’s strong arms around him. He knows it’s not fair because it’s not easy for Jungkook to open up and now that he does, Jimin doesn’t want to talk about it.

“Yeah, okay. I’m sorry”, Jungkook says with an expression that’s a mix of sadness and disappointment and wraps his arms around Jimin, pulling him closer just like every night, “Good night.”

Jimin kisses Jungkook’s lips gently, lingering there longer than usually as a way to say that he’s sorry. “We can talk about this tomorrow. Let’s order chicken after work and I’ll tell you every single thing about me if that makes you feel better.”

“Okay”, Jungkook whispers.

“I love you, Jungkook.”

“And I love you.”
 

I vow to always apologize and forgive after fighting

I vow to never lie to you and to never break my promises

 

The next day they order chicken, just like Jimin promised. He even came home early from work because he knew Jungkook has a day off. One of the many things Jungkook loves about Jimin is how he always keeps his promises, no matter how big or small. Never, not even once in the years they’ve known each other has Jimin broken a promise.

“I know you’re worried”, Jimin starts when they’re sitting on the couch waiting for the chicken delivery, “I can see it. But I have to ask you why?” It’s almost impossible to miss the glint of worry in Jungkook’s eyes but Jimin can’t bring himself to understand the reason behind it. It was there the night before and in the morning. It was there even when Jimin kissed him goodbye before leaving to work.

“I don’t know. I just… I want to know the person I’m married to”, Jungkook shrugs. He might not talk about his feelings easily but he’s always been very straightforward. Jimin appreciates it, he’s never had to analyze the younger’s words or actions in order to know what’s in his mind. If Jungkook talks, he says what’s going on. That kind of honesty, while sometimes frustrating, is well appreciated.

“But you do know me. You’ve known me for years.” Jimin doesn’t find the younger one looking back at him. Honesty is there but eye contact isn’t. The whole situation is frustrating because Jimin knows Jungkook is worried, so awfully anxious, but he doesn’t understand it. For once, he doesn’t understand. Then someone rings the doorbell and Jimin gets up to go open the door.

“I don’t even know if you pray”, Jungkook says, raising his voice a bit so Jimin can hear him. It sounds a lot like he just said the first subject they haven’t talked about that came to mind because Jungkook doesn’t overreact often but when he does, he really does. Jimin huffs and opens the door and pays the delivery man for the chicken. They ordered two sets. Both have a large appetite, especially Jungkook. It’s incredible how much he can eat. Others wouldn’t necessarily call it endearing but Jimin does.

“It’s never come up. I rarely do”, Jimin comes back with the box of chicken and sits back down on the couch, “Neither do I go to church often which you’ve probably noticed. Only on Christmas day and sometimes Easter.”

“And what about aliens?”

“Honestly, there probably are aliens in some dimension, I feel like the odds are in favor of that considering how big the universe is. If there are, I don’t think they’re anything we imagine they would be like”, Jimin says. He starts putting the spicy ones on Jungkook’s plate because Jungkook likes them and the onion ones on his own plate. “Is my opinion on aliens really relevant? I sometimes go months or years without thinking of them. Isn’t a more relevant thing to know if I prefer onion chicken or spicy chicken or something like that?”

“Well I didn’t even know you’re allergic to peaches”, Jungkook says and takes a piece of the fried chicken with his chopsticks. Jimin never eats the bony ones with chopsticks but Jungkook is too stubborn for his own good. He’s too stubborn when it comes to anything, when he gets something in his head he’s going to hang onto it with everything he has. That’s probably why they’re still having this conversation right now.

“You do now. I don’t have any other allergies”, Jimin says.

“Okay.”

“You have something on your mouth.” Jimin leans forward to off the little sauce from Jungkook’s upper lip. Of course he could’ve just used a napkin but where’s the fun in that? When Jimin pulls back, there’s a certain look in Jungkook’s eyes. A look he has every time he’s decided to let something go, even if just for the night.

“I really appreciate your help, hyung”, Jungkook smiles that angelic smile of his and pulls Jimin closer by the front of his shirt to peck his lips, “But I’m completely capable of doing things like that myself.”

“Much like in bed I rather doing things to you than watch you do them to yourself”, Jimin winks. You would think that the overly confident Jeon Jungkook doesn’t get flustered but much like every time Jimin says something dirty, this time too Jungkook blushes and looks violently at the chicken (if you can look at something violently).

“Maybe you can do things to me tonight”, he mumbles. A laugh escapes Jimin’s lips, Jungkook sounds like they haven’t had almost every night since they got married.

“I sure as hell will.”

Jungkook huffs and takes a piece of onion chicken from Jimin’s plate. That makes the older one raise his eyebrows in surprise.

“But you hate onion chicken”, Jimin says, looking with wide eyes at Jungkook eating. This kid manages to surprise him everyday, one way or another. Maybe Jimin should be worried about not knowing the person he’s married to. He probably should but he loves that he gets to discover all these little details about Jungkook. All these little details that are only for Jimin to know.

“No, I don’t.”

“Not even once in the four years we’ve known each other have I seen you eat onion chicken.”

“I don’t hate it, I just prefer spicy chicken”, Jungkook shrugs and takes another one from Jimin’s plate since Jungkook has finished his food already, “I love all chicken.”

“Is there a food in this world you don’t love?” Jimin laughs and pushes his plate towards Jungkook. He’s already full anyways and the younger one looks hungry. Who is he kidding? Jungkook is always hungry.

“Octopus”, Jungkook says.

 

I vow to do everything I can to be good to you

 

Planning the wedding party turns out to be a lot more stressful than Jimin and Jungkook first predicted. It’s just a party after all, how stressful could it be? The venue turns out to be their biggest issue. When they were planning the real wedding that was supposed to be a year away (before they got married spontaneously at Jin’s) they wouldn’t even try to discuss it. Jungkook wants to have a small party, like he wanted to have a small wedding too, somewhere near the ocean in a beautiful cottage that has window walls. He wants to invite their families and closest friends and maybe some cousins. Jimin again wants to have a huge party, he wants a fancy venue that’s filled with flowers and a live band. A fancy venue means a pent house. So they put off having the conversation about the venue for as long as possible. First they talk about flowers, roses seem way too cliche and peonies too princess-y. Tulips just won’t do and since it’ll be November when they’ll have the party it’s a no for lilies.

“So I guess we should reconsider roses. I mean they are cliche for a reason”, Jungkook says. He leans back on the sofa and a yawn escapes his mouth. It’s already past midnight and they’ve been talking about this for hours now.

“Yeah, but they are cliche. I don’t want our wedding to be cliche. It should be extraordinary like we are”, Jimin whines. Yes, whines. He’s very set on having a non-cliche party, for whatever reason.

“Hyung, we already had our wedding and it was nowhere near cliche.”

“Yeah, I know. I just want this party to be something special…”

“You always wanted a huge wedding”, Jungkook starts, trying to fish out the reason for Jimin’s pickiness. The older one only stares at the computer screen and a picture of different kind of roses. Jimin isn’t as straightforward as Jungkook is, he’s always worried about hurting others’ feelings and tends to keep things to himself when he thinks they might offend someone. “Do you regret getting married so soon?”

“No!” Jimin now turns his head to look at Jungkook, shocked that the younger would even suggest something like that. “God, no, I loved our wedding even if it wasn’t anything big and I love being married to you.”

“Okay”, Jungkook says. He doesn’t have a reason to doubt Jimin, he’s always told the truth when asked. Besides, Jimin isn’t a great liar so if indeed he was lying, Jungkook would notice it.

“I’m happy, Jungkook, you make me happy.”

“Then what is it?”

“I just want it to be special, you know”, Jimin shrugs. Jungkook still doesn’t quite know what’s going on but it doesn’t matter. What matters is that he knows how to fix it.

“If it’s important to you”, Jungkook starts, even though it’s obviously more than important, “you can decide everything. I’ll help of course but you call the shots. Whatever you want, we’ll do it.”

Jimin sits there dumbfounded for a moment, just staring at the younger one, because is Jungkook really saying that? The most stubborn person Jimin knows is really giving up all the power? This can’t be happening.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes. I wanted a small wedding and our wedding was small. I know this means the world to you and well, I did vow to be as good to you as I can and I plan on keeping my word because you mean the world to me. You deserve the wedding party you’ve always wanted”, Jungkook says with a sincere look in his eyes. Jimin feels like he’s going to cry or burst or something. He doesn’t know what to say so he grabs Jungkook by the front of his shirt and pulls the younger closer and crashes their lips together for a passionate kiss.

“I love you so much”, Jimin whispers in-between the kisses, “can a person even love someone this much?”

“Probably not but I’m so awesome that you do.”

“You’re an ”, he laughs, turns to lie on his back and pulls Jungkook on top of him. Jungkook often ruins their romantic moments by saying some sarcastic like that and Jimin would be pissed off if Jungkook didn’t look so hot with his lips rosy red from the kisses and an intense look in his dark eyes. Jungkook kisses his neck and bites down on it. Jimin’s sure he’ll have a purple mark there the next morning but what can he do? Jungkook is a biter and Jimin loves it, it drives him nearly insane.

“Is that how you see me?” Jungkook asks with a low voice, trying to sound offended. “Did you marry me just because you like ing me, hyung?”

“Yes, Jungkook, that’s why I married you.”

“Then me.” Jungkook’s low voice sends shivers down Jimin’s back, it’s a request almost impossible to turn down but Jimin has been looking for a chance to mess with his lovely pain-in-the- husband since they started dating. This isn’t the first time this particular opportunity has presented itself but Jimin just can’t say no to Jungkook. It’s kind of ridiculous. So he gathers all of his self-control and pushes Jungkook off of him, so that now he is lying on his back and Jimin is on top of him. They kiss like that for a while until Jungkook tries to take Jimin’s shirt off. Jimin pulls away, his lips.

“Nah”, he just says and gets up from their bed. He takes the laptop that’s next to Jungkook (thank god it didn’t fall off the bed during their at-first-intense make out) and then puts it down on the table next to their bed. Jungkook is speechless.

“Nah?” he repeats in disbelief after sitting up, “Nah?”

“We have to pick the flowers”, Jimin shrugs and sits down in front of the computer. He’s having the time of his life. Seeing Jungkook so dumbfounded is so much better than having with him. Okay no, it’s not better than . But it’s still great. Why doesn’t he mess with Jungkook more often?

“Really, hyung? You’re going to pick the flowers for a party that’s two months away? Right now?”

“Yup. So I think you were right about the roses.”

“Right now?” Jungkook repeats. Jimin tries hard to hold back a laugh as he turns around to face Jungkook.

“Jungkook, if there’s something you want to do right now you can do it yourself. Since you’re so awesome I’m sure you’re completely capable of it. Then again, you could help me pick the flowers for our party that’s two months away and afterwards we can do the thing you want to do.”

Jungkook sits there quietly sulking for a moment, probably thinking whether he should let Jimin win this one or talk back at him.

“Why are you talking like I’m the only one here who wants to have ?” he just mumbles and for a while Jimin feels the tiniest bit guilty. Of course his intention wasn’t to make Jungkook feel unwanted, just to have a little fun. But Jimin also knows that Jungkook isn’t that sensitive and that he knows he is wanted.

“Come here, babe”, Jimin says with a smile and pats his lap. Jungkook does get up and sit on his lap but not before rolling his eyes. He doesn’t like cheesy nicknames like that.

“You know I hate when you call me that, hyung.”

Jimin kisses the back of Jungkook’s neck. He would’ve kissed him somewhere more y but it’s the only thing Jimin can reach.

“I know, babe.”

 

I vow to love you even when I’m mad at you,

To cherish you even when I’m tired,

To be patient with you even when I feel like yelling

 

Two days later they’re sitting in Namjoon’s living room. He’s a good friend of theirs, they got to know him through Jin a few years back. Namjoon lives in the middle of Gangnam with his girlfriend (or wife as Namjoon calls her but they got married in Las Vegas and the man who married them was a gardener so it doesn’t really count) and they make a very interesting couple. Namjoon is… well, erted for the lack of a better word. He has no filter, says whatever he wants. Ji Eun again is an angel. She’s the sweetest person Jimin and Jungkook have ever met. To other people at least. To Namjoon she says whatever she wants.

Before he met Ji Eun Namjoon was a player. He would take a different girl to bed every week and wouldn’t even speak of settling down with someone. It started to get almost annoying so one night at the bakery Jin announced to Jimin and Jungkook (that was long before they were dating, back then they were just friends or at least that’s what they thought) that he’s looking for a girl for Namjoon. Two weeks after that Jin ran into Jungkook who was having coffee with his friend Ji Eun. They’ve known each other since high school (Jungkook was still in middle school then because Ji Eun is four years older but he took singing lessons at her high school) and they’re both very fond of each other. Jungkook nearly idolizes Ji Eun and Ji Eun adores Jungkook. They’re like siblings.

It didn’t take long for Jin to decide that this is the girl for Namjoon and so he made Jungkook invite her to have dinner with him and his friends. (It would’ve been creepy for Jin to ask, after all at that point they had known each other for good 20 minutes). So he invited her and three days later all five of them (Jimin, Jungkook, Jin, Namjoon and Ji Eun) had dinner together. It took Namjoon not more than 10 minutes to fall in love with her. Now, three years later they’re together and expecting a baby. It wasn’t planned, Ji Eun told Jungkook a month ago, but they couldn’t be happier.

Pregnancy has made Ji Eun a bit scary. She’s glowing, her skin is glowing and her eyes are sparkly and her hair is shiny. Her tummy is barely showing since she’s only three months along. Yes, she’s glowing, she’s never looked this beautiful. But she’s scary. She has the craziest mood swings, one minute she’s fine and the next she’s asking how many cupcakes she can have before she starts to get fat and if the answer is three and she’s had four she will look at you with this look that could kill someone. The best part about it is how terrified Namjoon looks every time it happens. Lately Jimin and Jungkook are spending a lot of time at Namjoon’s for their own amusement.

So right now Jimin and Jungkook sitting on the light grey couch, holding hands. Jimin is playing with the ring on Jungkook’s left hand, like he so often does. Ji Eun is making dinner in the kitchen, she loves to cook and Namjoon is keeping her company so it’s just Jimin and Jungkook in the living room.

“But I’m just saying, the party will be held in October so I don’t know if it’s the best idea to have it at the seaside. It’ll be cold and windy and I don’t wanna have the party when it rains”, Jimin says. They’ve already decided on the flowers and the guests and the band, now they only have the venue and food to decide on. Much like Jungkook promised, Jimin got the final say in every little detail but he does want a say in at least food. Because food is important to him. Jimin doesn’t mind. It’s their party after all, not just his.

“But we’re both from Busan, it’s our home. Don’t you want to have the party there?”

“I do, of course. But I think it’ll be better to have it here. Our home is here now. All of our friends are here, our jobs are here, our home is here.”

“I know, I know. I just think…” Jungkook quiets down for a while and then shakes his head, “I don’t know.”

“All our friends are here, our parents can come here. You know they’re good friends, I’m sure they can make a vacation out of it”, Jimin says, only looking at their hands. He doesn’t like to look at Jungkook when they’re arguing.

“You’re right. Let’s have the party here. We’ll look at venues when we get home”, Jungkook says after a while of silence. Jimin finally looks at him, they sit there looking at each other and then burst out laughing. It’s random, neither one knows why they’re laughing.

“You’re so stupid, Jeon”, Jimin laughs and leans in to kiss Jungkook. The younger one answers the kiss before pulling away only slightly and smiling the smile that’s only for Jimin to see. The older one knew he was totally screwed when he first saw that smile.

“I love you, too”, Jungkook says. He reaches forward to bite Jimin’s ear. Jimin giggles and pushes the younger one off of him. The kid is so weird sometimes. He does like to bite when they’re in bed (Jimin has a hickey on his neck just to prove how much Jungkook likes to mark his territory) and it’s y as hell. Sometimes Jungkook bites his shoulder or ear when they’re just sitting and Jimin can’t decide if it’s more weird or cute.

“Don’t bite my ear, Jungkook, it’s ticklish and weird”, Jimin says, still laughing.

“You know, you two”, Namjoon walks into the living room, making Jimin and Jungkook jump in surprise, “have the mood swings of a pregnant woman. That’s creepy.” That obviously was a mistake but what can you do when you don’t think about the words before saying them?

“You mind repeating that?” Ji Eun asks. She’s leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. Her voice is sweet but her eyes are looking at Namjoon like she’d like to push him into the oven and make him into a namjoon-bread. Namjoon’s eyes widen in horror.

“I… I was just saying how beautiful you look now that you’re pregnant.” Another mistake. Jimin and Jungkook share a glance, both trying to keep a straight face. This is exactly why they came over tonight. Both were bored and nothing on TV was interesting enough.

“So I wasn’t beautiful before, is that what you’re saying?” Ji Eun asks.

“No! No, you’ve always been beautiful. I was just saying that right now you look-”

“Jimin, Jungkook-ah, dinner’s ready”, Ji Eun cuts her boyfriend off, “so you two can come to the kitchen, Namjoon again can go sit in the balcony for the rest of the night.”

Jimin and Jungkook get up from the couch and head to the kitchen. Jungkook stops in front of Ji Eun and smiles gently, eyes sparkling.

“Noona, what he meant to say was that you’ve always been the most beautiful girl on this planet and now that you’re pregnant, you’re glowing even more than usual if it’s even possible”, he says and presses a kiss on her forehead. She used to do it to him when they were younger and the same height, but now that Jungkook is almost a head taller he usually does it.

“You really should learn from Jungkook, honey”, Ji Eun says, looking at Namjoon. Jimin looks at Jungkook with a frown.

“How come you never talk to me like that?” Jimin asks.

“Because you know how I feel about you”, Jungkook laughs, “besides you’re not growing a human being inside you. Noona deserves every compliment there is.”

“Why don’t you just date her then?” Jimin huffs.

“That’s because he loves and I for some reason don’t have one. Besides I don’t think I could handle dating someone as adorable as Jungkook.”

“Yeah, I’m not really liking how much you like Jungkook and I’m sure Jimin doesn’t appreciate it either”, Namjoon says. He walks over to wrap his arms around Ji Eun, one hand subconsciously reaching to rest on her belly. Jungkook just laughs, it’s not the first time Jimin has heard Ji Eun talk about him like this. Jimin knows they’re close.

“And you never kiss my forehead.” Jungkook walks over to his still-frowning husband and kisses him on the lips.

“That is”, Jungkook kisses Jimin again, “because for some reason I don’t think of you as a big sister.”

“Now, leave that adorable and completely unnecessary jealousy of yours in the living room and let’s go eat. The baby is making me hungry.”

 

I vow to fight for you every day,

And to make you feel cared for and loved

 

Jungkook’s birthday is two weeks later. Jimin has to work late and Jungkook spends the day at the gym he works at. He doesn’t mind, he loves the gym. After his shift ends he spends two hours working out. He spends a while on the dreadmill, then lifts weights. He loves the feeling, the burn. It’s such a freeing feeling, all thoughts just disappear. Everything disappears and for a while it’s just him; his aching muscles and the smell of sweat and the weights.

So Jungkook works out for a few hours before going home. Jimin’s still at work so their house is dark and empty. Jungkook turns the TV on first, he likes to be alone but when he is alone, he hates silence. Then he goes into the kitchen where he finds two packs of his favorite ramyeon and a note on the table (Happy birthday, Jungkook-ah! I’m sorry I’ll be late. I love you. - Jimin). Jungkook cooks the ramyeon and takes it to the living room. He surfs the channels for a while before settling on some random romantic drama. He doesn’t really like them but usually watches them when he’s too tired to really concentrate on anything, so basically all the time.

It never takes long for Jungkook to finish his meal, he eats so fast it’s almost ridiculous. He knows it’s not good for him and his digestion but eating slower takes so much of that concentration he doesn’t have. Hours pass by and Jungkook lies down on the couch. Before he even notices it, he’s asleep.

Jungkook doesn’t wake up to Jimin opening the door, to Jimin walking in, taking off his shoes and putting down his backpack next to the kitchen door. He doesn’t even wake up to Jimin walking to the living room and stopping to look at him for a few moments.

“Jungkook, hey”, Jimin kneels down beside the couch and runs his fingers through Jungkook’s hair. Jungkook has his eyes closed, his eyelids are fluttering the tiniest bit and his head is slightly over the edge of the couch. He often sleeps like that and Jimin always wonders how his neck is still fine. He looks so comfortable, so peaceful, that Jimin feels like he shouldn’t wake him up.

“I’m home”, Jimin says. He moves the hair from Jungkook’s forehead and kisses him. Jungkook opens his eyes slowly. He merely stares at Jimin with a confused look.

“You fell asleep.”

“You’re late”, it’s not what Jungkook meant to say. He honestly doesn’t mind that Jimin came home late, all that matters is that he came home.

“I know. I’m sorry”, Jimin gives him an apologetic smile, “Happy birthday, babe.” Jungkook reaches forward to press a kiss on Jimin’s lips, not catching the nickname. The older one’s hand travels to the back of Jungkook’s neck to hold him close to him and plays with his black hair. They stare at each other for a while before a laugh escapes Jungkook’s lips and they kiss again.

“You know…” Jimin starts, he has a wide smile on his face as he looks at Jungkook, “this is the first time we’re celebrating your birthday as a couple.”

“Yeah, and we’re already married. We’re insane.”

“I know, right”, Jimin says. He thinks it’s because they’re soulmates. They’re meant to be. They spent years pushing and pulling, trying to deny their feelings until they no longer could. Sure, they’ve moved fast. They dated for only a month or so before they bought an apartment together and now it’s been six months and they’re already married. Jimin doesn’t worry about it, they’re meant to be together. “Do you regret it?” He’s not sure why he asks that, he can see that Jungkook is happy. He hasn’t given any actual reason for Jimin to doubt it.

“Regret what? Getting married?” Jungkook asks. He sits up on the couch and pulls Jimin to sit next to him.

“Not dating for longer. We moved in together and got engaged really quickly.”

“No, I don’t regret it”, Jungkook answers, “We were friends for so long. If we hadn’t been such idiots and just gone out after that time I came by Jin hyung’s bakery when you still worked there I think we would be in this situation now anyway.”

“Oh, that’s right, we met there. I didn’t even remember”, Jimin says and leans against Jungkook’s muscular body. He feels instantly more comfortable, he always does when they’re together, especially when he can feel Jungkook’s warmth against his body. It’s like Jimin can just exist next to Jungkook, he doesn’t have to be anything. He’s enough just like that. It’s an amazing feeling.

“Sometimes I wonder how Jin hyung never thought of trying to get us together.”

“Yeah, I guess it was too obvious for him. Or like you know, too good to be true.”

“No, wait”, Jungkook gets up suddenly with a shocked expression on his face, “what if he did set us up? I mean, I didn’t remember it until now but he asked me to come there that night. Hyung said he has something he wants to show me and when I got there he just asked if I want to have dinner and then you came out of the kitchen and he asked you to join us. What if this was his plan all along?”

“No”, Jimin is surprised they haven’t realized it until now. There are no coincidences that involve two people falling in love and Jin. He is so amazingly subtle with his matchmaking, he lets the couple meet first and then starts planting the thought of falling in love and dating in their minds. So subtly that they don’t even realize. That’s what he did to Namjoon and especially Ji Eun (it took her longer to warm up to Namjoon than it took for Namjoon to fall for her). How didn’t Jimin and Jungkook realize it sooner?

“How did we miss it?”

“I thought our love story was so great. I mean you walked into the bakery and I fell for you right there and now you’re saying you coming there wasn’t a coincidence?” Jimin groans. Of course that doesn’t really matter. He still fell for Jungkook the minute the younger stepped into the bakery with that beautiful smile of his even if it all was Jin’s doing.

“Well, be it hyung’s plan or not, I still wanted to you from the moment I saw you”, Jungkook winks and Jimin rolls his eyes. He just has to ruin every romantic moment.

“Don’t even try to be funny, Jungkook, we both know I’m the one who s you and not even once have I heard you complain”, Jimin huffs, trying to look annoyed.

“You sound like you’re not asking for it almost every night.”

“Yeah, obviously I love the way we do things”, Jimin’s cut off by Jungkook’s lips on his own. He’s awfully clingy today. It’s not like Jimin minds, he loves it when Jungkook gives him a lot of affection. Jimin took a love language test and his top ones were touch and quality time, so it does make sense (the fact that Jungkook’s a really good kisser doesn’t hurt either). Besides it’s Jungkook’s birthday, he should get anything he wants. Which reminds him.

“Oh, I brought you a cake”, Jimin suddenly pulls away to say. Jungkook’s face lights up.

“Really? Why didn’t you say earlier?”

“It’s your fault, you distracted me. I would’ve remembered if you hadn’t kissed me.”

“You kissed me first”, Jungkook says and gets up. He loves cake. Loves it. He would marry it if he could. Jimin gets up as well. He walks into the kitchen to take the cake out of its box. It’s double chocolate, the same one they had at their wedding but Jimin asked Jin to add some Oreo crumbs too.

“Jin hyung made it?” Jungkook asks. He takes two plates and forks from the dishwasher and sets them on the table.

“Yeah”, Jimin says and takes a knife he can use to cut the cake, “it’s the same one he made for our wedding but with Oreo.”

“Hyung, don’t cut it”, Jungkook says suddenly.

“Huh?”

“Let’s just eat it like that. Let’s take it to the living room and put on some bad romantic movie and eat some cake.” It sounds very tempting. They eat in the living room most of the time, mostly because their kitchen is so ridiculously small but also because they like to watch movies while eating. Some would argue that always watching TV during meals is bad for the relationship. It might be true for some people. For Jimin and Jungkook again it’s relaxing. If they feel like not talking, they’ll just watch whatever is on. If they feel like talking, they’ll mute the TV or talk over the sounds.

Besides who hasn’t dreamed of eating a cake whole? “Yeah, let’s do that. Can you take the wine from the fridge?”

“Should I take glasses too?” Jungkook asks, raising his voice because Jimin already left the kitchen with the cake.

“We can drink from the bottle”, Jimin answers from the living room. So Jungkook takes the wine from the fridge and the forks off the table before following Jimin. They sit down in front of the little table in front of the TV and Jimin turns it on. We Got Married is on, they don’t change the channel.

“So what did you do today?” Jimin asks after a while of silence with his mouth full of cake. He offers a forkful to Jungkook who immediately leans forward to eat it. Jimin can’t help but smile at the sight. The younger one is so focused on the cake, he looks so happy.

“I worked out for a few hours after work and came home. It was pretty quiet at work which I really appreciated because I actually had time to really work with the few people who were working out and that’s really the part I enjoy the most”, Jungkook answers, “How was your day?”

“Hard. My boss was on a mood today.”

“Hmm, too bad.” He takes a sip of the wine before handing it to Jimin and putting his other hand on Jimin’s thigh, as a kind of comforting gesture. “It’s a good thing then that I’m on a mood today too. Just a different mood than your boss. I hope.”

“Oh, I don’t know. What kind of a mood are you talking about?” Jimin asks with a sparkle in his eyes, the kind he gets when he knows he’s gonna get laid.

“I’m talking about a in the kitchen kind of mood. It’d be too bad if your boss already gave you that”, Jungkook says. He leans closer, he has a seducing expression on his face and his hold on Jimin’s thigh tightens.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure it was a different mood. Besides my boss is like 60, has hairs in his nose and smells like egg so you know, I probably would’ve said no even if he offered. But you again…” Jimin pushes Jungkook back slowly, until the younger is lying on his back on the floor and Jimin is on top of him. He kisses Jungkook’s neck and the side of his jaw.

“I again what?”

“You don’t smell like egg”, Jimin says and kisses him on the lips. “Happy birthday, babe.”

 

I vow to keep your secrets

And to tell you mine

 

“Hyung, come on already! We’re late. You know Jin hyung doesn’t like waiting”, Jungkook shouts and knocks on the bathroom door where Jimin is trying to make himself look like a human being. For some reason his hair looks like a bird’s nest today.

“Yeah, I’m coming”, Jimin says and finally decides to just put on a beanie and give up on his hair. So he exits the bathroom and pets Jungkook’s head. “Don’t worry, we’ll make it.” They’re going out to eat with friends to celebrate Jungkook’s birthday. It’s two days late but they very rarely go out on their actual birthdays because everyone’s always busy with work or their personal lives so it’s hard to really find the time to go out as a group. Jungkook’s been a bit grumpy, after having to work over-time and a night-shift. The gym is 24h so he has night-shifts every so often.

“Hurry.”

Jimin goes to their closet to dig out Jungkook’s red beanie he loves so much (Jungkook doesn’t appreciate how often Jimin uses it but you know, marriage is sharing) and puts it on. It’s starting to get chilly outside anyways, so wearing a hat doesn’t hurt. Jimin loves chilly weather, when he has an excuse to steal Jungkook’s over-sized clothes and to cuddle more than usual. But more than anything he loves it when Jungkook notices he’s cold and gives the older one his jacket. Cliche as it may be, it’s the sweetest thing ever. Jimin fixes the beanie a bit before he walks back into the living room to gather his stuff.

“Really, hyung? I’ll buy you your own so you won’t have to wear mine all the time”, Jungkook huffs, “You wear it more than I do.”

“But it won’t be the same. I like this one because you’ve worn it so much”, Jimin says as he’s putting on his shoes. He likes it so much because Jungkook was wearing it the first time they met. Jimin likes it so much because he used to steal it from time to time when they weren’t dating yet, just to have something that smelled like Jungkook and return it before the younger one noticed. Jimin’s never told him about it and probably won’t for years, it’s kind of like a little secret just for him.

“Can we go already? Hyung is gonna be so mad”, Jungkook’s leaning against the wall with his arms crossed on his chest. He’s probably really tired, he hasn’t slept in almost 24 hours. He gets weirdly obsessive about things like being on time and cleaning the house up when he’s tired. Jimin stops to look at him and smiles.

“You look handsome.”

“I look like the dead, hyung.” It’s true. Jungkook has dark circles under his eyes and his face is a bit pale and swollen but still, Jimin thinks he looks handsome as ever. He turns around to grab a black bomber jacket and hands it to Jungkook.

“Put this on, it’s cold outside. You’re gonna catch a cold otherwise.”

“Thanks.”

“Let’s go”, Jimin takes the car keys from the table beside the door, “You can sleep in the car, I’ll wake you up when we’re there.”

Jimin drives. He always does because Jungkook hasn’t had the time to get his license. Jimin knows he really wants to, he can see the hint of envy in Jungkook’s eyes sometimes when they’re driving. Jimin could imagine him behind the wheel so well. Jungkook would get a thrill from it. For sure, he could find exciting something that others think of as ordinary.

Jungkook sleeps on the back seat. He mostly sits next to Jimin but usually goes to the back when he knows he’s about to sleep. There are a few reasons for it. Jungkook knows Jimin likes to listen to music while driving, so if Jungkook sleeps in the back the music doesn’t bother him. He doesn’t want to make Jimin drive in silence just because he needs to sleep. Another reason is that he simply doesn’t want to make Jimin uncomfortable. Jungkook once said when Jimin asked him about it that he thinks Jimin might feel uncomfortable with a sleeping person next to him while he’s driving. Jimin doesn’t really mind but he doesn’t ask Jungkook to sit beside him either. It’s just kind of a habit that started way before they were dating.

It’s just a whisper, so quiet that Jimin almost misses it. “Thank you, Jiminnie.”

They do make it in time like Jimin said. They’re even ten minutes early so he parks the car in front of the restaurant but doesn’t wake Jungkook up or turn the music off. Jimin just sits there and plays with his phone. He texts Jin to inform him that they’re here and that they’ll come inside soon. Jin replies that he and Yoongi (Yoongi has been Jimin’s best friend since elementary school) are already inside but Namjoon and Ji Eun are running late. Which is typical. Ji Eun is wonderful but being on time is not one of her strengths.

“Babe, we’re here”, Jimin says five minutes later and turns around to look at Jungkook. He doesn’t even move a finger like Jimin predicted. So Jimin turns the music off and gets out of the car to open the back door.

“Wake up, Jungkook-ah.” He tickles Jungkook’s chin and pinches his nose and ear but nothing. Sometimes being married to Jungkook feels like being married to a little kid. Jimin sighs and rests his hand on the younger one’s chest. He looks so cute, leaning his head back with his mouth slightly open.

“Don’t make me do it. You look like a cute puppy but I will do it. You’ll hate me but I will do it”, Jimin sits down on Jungkook’s lap, “so just please, wake up now.”  He doesn’t react even the tiniest bit so Jimin does the only thing that wakes Jungkook up when nothing works. Jimin pinches his s. Jungkook immediately opens his eyes and looks really angry so Jimin kisses him before he has time to say anything and makes a note-to-self to thank Jin. Jin was the one who told Jimin about the thing when Jimin kept complaining that he can’t wake Jungkook up no matter what he does.

“It’s your fault. You wouldn’t wake up”, he says quickly when Jungkook opens his mouth to say something.

“Are we late?”

“Nope. We’re early but guess who are late?”

“I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say Namjoon hyung and noona because they’re never late”, Jungkook says.

“Good to know that you’re still even remotely funny”, Jimin laughs. He smiles brightly when he feels Jungkook’s hands wrap around his waist. He looks like those 30 minutes of sleep were enough to put him on a better mood. “Are you feeling better?”

“Yeah, thank you.”

“Well, we better go now or we will be late.” So they get out of the car and walk into the restaurant. It’s not a fancy restaurant, more homey, they’ve been going there for years. It’s the one Jin, Jimin and Jungkook went to the night the two met for the first time. Jin and Yoongi are already inside sitting in the booth they usually sit in. Jin stands up when he sees Jimin and Jungkook come inside to go give both a hug. Yoongi merely nods his head as a hello.

“Jungkook, why do you look like you died and magically came back to life?” Jin asks before even saying hi. The youngest huffs and throws Jimin a look that says I told you so.

“Isn’t he still the most handsome person alive though?” Jimin asks. He ruffles Jungkook’s hair with a bright smile before going to sit across the table from Yoongi.

“I look like I died because I got old.” Jungkook follows his example and sits next to Jimin.

“You turned 22, you’re hardly old”, Jin huffs. He doesn’t like it when Jungkook jokes about his age because Jin is five years older, so if Jungkook thinks he himself is old, how old does he think Jin is?

“He had a night-shift last night and had to work over-time so he didn’t have time to sleep. My poor boy hasn’t slept in like over 24 hours”, Jimin explains and puts his hand on Jungkook’s thigh.

“So how long exactly will it take until you’re not in the honeymoon phase anymore?” Yoongi asks, he looks annoyed. But then again, he always looks annoyed. Always, except for when he’s with his boyfriend Hoseok. Hoseok and Yoongi aren’t actually dating but everybody knows they’re in love with each other (except for themselves). They’ve known each other for a bit under a year now, ever since Jin’s thanksgiving party last year. They flirt like there’s no tomorrow but somehow seem to think the other one isn’t flirting. Jimin can’t decide if it’s funny or frustrating to watch those two.

“And how long exactly will you keep playing with Hoseok hyung before actually telling him how you feel?” Jungkook asks, raising his left eyebrow. Jimin’s not the only one who’s noticed it. “Where is he by the way? Is he coming?”

“He’s filming in Japan but said to tell you happy birthday and that he’s coming to your wedding party or whatever it is”, Yoongi answers, a bit too fast to seem casual. Hoseok is a dancer and he’s getting famous so he often travels for different filmings. They’re separated quite a lot these days because of Hoseok’s work but it seems like they’re texting non-stop.

“He better.”

“Maybe you can confess to him then”, Jimin says and Yoongi groans.

“You two really don’t have a right to say anything about Yoongi and Hoseok. It took you over three years to get together, did you hear me pushing you to confess? Did you hear me even imply anything about asking the other out?” Jin asks. He’s obviously right (about everything but the last sentence because Jimin and Jungkook might not have realized it but god knows Jin did imply and he did it a lot) so Jimin and Jungkook shut up. Jin has a plan for sure. If Hoseok and Yoongi are meant to be Jin has a plan. “Everyone moves in their own pace. Namjoon and Ji Eun took only a few weeks to go out on a date, you took years. They’ve been together for three years and haven’t even gotten engaged while you two have been together for like six months and you’re already married.”

“Okay, okay we get it, we were just joking”, Jimin rolls his eyes, he almost looks annoyed but he has a small smile on his lips.

“I swear to god, if Namjoon and Ji Eun don’t get here soon I’m gonna kill them”, Yoongi sighs and checks the time on his phone. Jin instantly starts to defend his friend’s honor. He, much like Jungkook and about everybody else, absolutely loves Ji Eun. So an argument begins and Yoongi and Jin start to place bets on when the couple is going to show up.

“Hyung, remind me that we have to do the laundry tomorrow”, Jungkook leans in to say to Jimin with a low voice, not because he doesn’t want anyone else to hear it but because Jin and Yoongi are emerged in their argument. Jimin and Jungkook succeed fairly well at keeping the house clean and cooking but fail terribly when it comes to laundry. They’re not sure why, if they’re too lazy or if they just forget, but they only do laundry when they absolutely have to.

“We have to do the laundry tomorrow.”

“That’s very funny but you know what I mean.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean and I’ll remind you tomorrow after we’ve slept for at least ten hours”, Jimin promises and places a kiss on Jungkook’s collarbone.

“Sounds like a plan”, Jungkook smiles. It looks like he’s about to say something more but Namjoon and Ji Eun walk into the restaurant right then.

“Happy birthday”, Ji Eun says immediately and walks over to Jungkook to kiss his forehead. The younger boy looks up at her with a smile, the words hi, noona at the tip of his tongue but Jin speaks up before he can say anything.

“Why are you two so late? Again?” Nobody can remember the last time the couple had been on time. “I almost lost ten bucks because of you.”

“Well”, Ji Eun sits down next to Jungkook and Namjoon sits down at the end of the table, “first this one didn’t wake me up in time after I fell asleep while doing my makeup and then I had to finish it after I woke up and then -”

“Then I asked her”, Namjoon finishes her sentence. Jimin and Jungkook share a glance. Asked her what?

“What did you ask her?” Yoongi asks. Namjoon and Ji Eun look at each other with wide smiles like it’s obvious. And it should’ve been obvious. There’s only one question Namjoon could ask her that matters. For some reason nobody gets it before she lifts her left hand to show off a silver diamond ring sparkling on her finger. All four of them just stare at Ji Eun with their mouths open and eyes wide.

“I asked her to marry me. We’re waiting until the baby is born and maybe a few years after that to get married. Who knows, maybe we’ll just stay engaged for the rest of our lives. I just thought she deserved something special”, Namjoon explains. “I’ve been thinking about it for a while but I just couldn’t help myself today when she came out of our room, complaining that I should’ve woken her up.”

“Wow, congrats”, Jungkook is the first one to regain his capability of speaking. He gives Ji Eun a kiss on the cheek, “It took you long enough.”

“Well, we actually like to live in the moment and see where things go rather than rush them”, Namjoon says. It makes everyone laugh, especially after what Jin said earlier

“Can we order already? I’m starving”, Ji Eun says. And so they order.

 

In sickness and in health, for better and for worse...

 

“I’m just saying that I’ve been working for 9 hours and I’m exhausted. Is there no way you could wash the dishes? You’ve been home for hours already”, Jimin sighs and leans against the kitchen wall. It’s been a few weeks since Jungkook’s birthday and the closer they get to the wedding, the more intense things get between them.

“Yeah, I’ve been sleeping because I had a night-shift so excuse me if my first instinct wasn’t to do the dishes”, Jungkook snaps. They’ve been fighting for a few days already, about anything and everything. It’s mostly because they miss each other but are too stressed and tired to express it properly. Jungkook’s had to work the nights for almost a week already and when he comes home Jimin is at work and doesn’t come home until late in the evening so they don’t see each other much.

“I’m not saying it should be! I’m just saying that after you’ve slept enough you could do it. You know I’m tired every time I come back from work and I had to work over-time so you could’ve thought about it and just done the ing dishes because we both know that I make -” Jimin shuts his mouth quickly, before the words come out of his mouth but it’s too late. Jungkook knows what he was going to say.

“Because we both know what?” he asks, almost spitting the words out of his mouth, his eyes narrowing, “That you make more money than I do? Does that mean that I should do the dishes every time? That because I don’t get paid as much as you, I should do more here? You know my job pays just fine and if you listened for two seconds you would know how much I love it and maybe then you wouldn’t bring it up every ing time we’re fighting.”

“I don’t listen? It’s all I do! I listen to you talk about that girl you work with everyday and all I can think about is maybe she’s why you like working there so much and why you lately have been taking night-shifts so you wouldn’t have to sleep with me but you could be with her.” It’s hardly the truth. Jungkook mentions Wheein from time to time when telling funny stories about his day but never in a manner that would suggest there being anything at all between them.

“I work nights because I get paid extra. Why would you even bring her up? You know I would never have anything going on with her or any girl or any guy either for that matter because I’m with you and I vowed to be faithful and I’m not going to break that promise. God, don’t you trust me at all?” The trust thing is something Jungkook brings up every time, he without even realizing tries to guilt Jimin into ending the fight and apologizing. Most of the time it works but not today.

“God, you just know how to make me feel ty, don’t you?” Jimin says.

“Then why are you still with me?” The question is both desperate and furious, Jungkook’s staring into his eyes and he looks angrier than ever before.

“I don’t know”, Jimin answers, “You’re making it incredibly difficult.” Jungkook bites his lip, merely standing there quietly before he turns around to look out the window so that his back is turned to Jimin. Jimin can see him ball his hands into fists.

“Maybe… Maybe it was a mistake getting married”, Jungkook’s voice is quiet and shaky, almost sounds like he’s about to cry but Jimin doesn’t care. All he cares about is the feeling in his chest, he can’t breathe. Jimin needs to get out of here. He opens his mouth to say something, anything at all, but nothing comes out so he leaves and doesn’t look back.

 

I vow to come back to you every night

 

Jungkook is furious, to say the least. He paces back and forth, around their living room. He is so mad that he can’t stay still. How does Jimin dare? How does he dare bring up money, then accuse Jungkook of cheating on him, then say Jungkook is the one making their relationship difficult and then leave? But then he realizes it. Jungkook basically asked for a divorce. That’s what maybe this was a mistake means, doesn’t it? But no, Jungkook didn’t mean it like that. He didn’t even mean that he thought it was a mistake. The words just slipped out of his mouth, he doesn’t even know why.

Then it truly hits him. What if Jimin thinks he wants to break up? Jungkook starts looking for his phone in panic. Where the is his phone now that he actually needs it? He finally finds it in their bed under the blankets. Jimin hasn’t called or texted. Jungkook can’t say he’s surprised. He calls but Jimin doesn’t pick up. So Jungkook calls again and again and again. He walks around their apartment, first sweating, then crying and then cursing and yelling. He texts Jimin. Needless to say, Jungkook’s left without an answer once again.

If he wasn’t panicking before, he is when it’s way past midnight and Jimin still hasn’t come back or texted back.

Hours pass by.

Before he even realizes it it’s morning, he’s been calling Jimin and crying and cursing the whole night. Jimin still hasn’t called or texted back. Jungkook calls Yoongi first, to ask if he knows where Jimin is. He doesn’t. Then Jungkook calls Jin even though he already knows Jin doesn’t know either. If he did, he would’ve texted Jungkook. Jin doesn’t know but he gets worried and makes Jungkook promise to text him the minute he finds Jimin. Jungkook calls Namjoon but he hasn’t heard from Jimin either. Nobody knows where Jimin is.

Jungkook doesn’t know what to do so he keeps calling Jimin but after a few hours it goes straight to voicemail. Either Jimin turned his phone off or his battery died. Jungkook decides to go to the office Jimin works at. He probably went to work, Jimin would never skip work. So Jungkook takes his keys off the kitchen table and leaves the apartment. He stands in the elevator staring at himself in the mirror. He looks like . But can you blame him? All Jungkook can think about is the times they were going home after a night of drinking, needing to get inside soon so they could drown in each others’ warmth, Jimin pinning him against the elevator wall and kissing his neck and collarbones. All he can think about is the times when they leave together in the morning, hugging the sleepy Jimin who can barely keep his eyes open, giving him a piggyback ride to the car and kissing the tip of his nose when they get there.

Where is Jimin?

Jungkook walks out of the building and notices their car is still there. Jimin didn’t drive. That’s good, he’s always been careful about it. He gets distracted so easily when he’s angry so he probably didn’t feel calm enough to get behind the wheel. Jungkook’s tempted for a while to take the car. He knows the way to the office and it would be a lot faster. But no, he doesn’t know how to drive, he hasn’t gotten his license. If it was dangerous for Jimin to go driving while angry, it would be like giving a toddler a nuclear bomb to play with for Jungkook to go driving while angry and sleep-deprived (he hasn’t slept in almost 24 hours). So he takes the subway. It’s a twenty minute ride and then about ten minutes of walking.

Jimin’s not at work. A colleague of his says he called in sick. She’s surprised Jungkook didn’t know because don’t you live together. Jungkook just says that he had a night-shift and he came straight from there to pick Jimin up to get lunch, that maybe Jimin forgot to text him. He’s not sure why he lies. Maybe he hopes that if other people don’t know about it, it will have to be fine. Jungkook leaves the office. He walks to the subway station but doesn’t know which subway to take. Where should he go now? Where is Jimin? Jungkook tries to think of all the places he could’ve gone to and writes them down on his phone so he will remember to go to all of them.

There are a few places, first is the 24h diner Jimin loves. It’s only ten minutes away from the office. Then he goes to the gym Jimin usually goes to and after that the dance studio right beside the gym. Next up is the library near their home. It’s a longshot, Jungkook knows that, but he has to try. But nothing. He knows Jimin isn’t at Jin’s nor Namjoon’s nor Yoongi’s. They would’ve told him. So Jungkook wanders around their neighborhood. For how long, he doesn’t know. After a while of aimless walking, he decides to go back home. On the way there he calls Jimin one more time. He doesn’t pick up but at least his phone isn’t turned off anymore. Jungkook sighs and decides to leave a voice message.

“Hey, Jimin, it’s me. I know I ed up but I didn’t mean any of it. I know you’re mad and you have every right to be. I’m just asking you to let me know that you’re alive. I’ve been looking for you all day. Please, text me”, Jungkook says, “I love you. Bye.”

When Jungkook goes home, the lights are on. His heart starts pounding as he looks through their apartment but Jimin’s not there. Jungkook just forgot to turn the lights off. He starts cleaning the apartment, he has to do something. After he’s done, he does the laundry and changes their sheets.

“Jimin, I swear to god, if you don’t come back tonight, I’m going to ing kill you”, Jungkook mumbles to himself as he makes his way to the kitchen. He starts to cook. He makes pasta and pork, Jungkook can’t cook Korean dishes to save his life, they always taste like when he makes them so he sticks to cooking western food like pasta. The only downside is that the only dishes he can cook are always quick to make. He’s done sooner than he hoped but he can’t even imagine touching the food so he starts to bake. He’s only done with the dough when somebody opens the door.

Jimin.

Jungkook’s heart skips a beat. He slowly walks to the kitchen door and sure enough, Jimin is standing in the living room. His hair looks a bit dirty but otherwise he looks okay. He’s holding Jungkook’s red beanie in his hands. Neither one says a word. Jungkook walks slowly to Jimin. Step by step. His hands are shaking, much like his breath. His whole body is shaking and suddenly it feels like he can’t even stand anymore. So Jungkook falls on his knees in front of Jimin and he starts to cry. Again. Jimin sits down in front of him, like usually, he feels uncomfortable when someone is kneeling before him.

“I got your message”, Jimin says. His voice is quiet, neutral.

“Please, hyung”, Jungkook closes his eyes, trying to stop the tears with no success, “Don’t leave me. I can’t live without you. Don’t leave me.”

“Jungkook, you have to stop crying because I have a lot to say and I can’t say it all if I’m crying. You know I start to cry if I see you cry.” That’s a good sign, at least he cares that much. But what could he have to say? That doesn’t sound too good. Jungkook takes a deep breath, trying to prepare himself for the worst and to stop crying at the same time.

“You can’t leave me. For better and for worse. Hyung, this is for worse. Don’t leave me”, he keeps begging. Jungkook doesn’t notice Jimin changing his position to be more comfortable, he doesn’t even notice how Jimin sighs and shakes his head.

“I’m not leaving you”, Jimin says with a stable, sure voice. “Just listen to me, okay? I was furious. I couldn’t believe you said it and I had to get out of here. So I left, I took the last train to Busan and spent the night at my parents’ house. I slept for most of my time there and of course my parents were worried as . And I told them about the fight and as I talked, I realized that I said some pretty horrible things too. But yeah, then I found your beanie in my bag and it smells like you. And I remembered, I vowed to come back to you every night so here I am.”

“Hyung, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean any of it, you have to know that.”

“I know that and I’m sorry too. The reason we’ve been fighting so much is because we miss each other. I can’t almost remember the last time I slept with you. Our days are just so different, when I leave to work you say good night and when you leave to work I say good night. We just need some time together, just the two of us”, Jimin looks at Jungkook the whole time he talks. He seems so calm that it calms Jungkook down too. Jimin’s not leaving him.

“I have tomorrow off”, Jungkook says, carefully, like he’s afraid he’ll hurt Jimin’s feelings again. But Jimin smiles brightly and looks at him with so much love in his eyes that Jungkook knows the fight is over. It’s been over for a while, Jimin clearly forgave him before coming back, but Jungkook only believes it now.

“Me too. So tonight we’re gonna go to sleep together and we’ll wake up together and then spend the day together”, he’s cut off by Jungkook’s stomach grumbling, or more like roaring, “but now we’re gonna eat because you’re clearly starving. When was the last time you ate?”

“I honestly can’t even remember. But I made pasta. And I was baking something before you came but I only got the dough done”, Jungkook shrugs. Maybe it’s a good thing he only got the dough done because if there’s one thing he’s not good at, it’s baking. The dough always tastes good but anything ready tastes awful. Jimin shakes his head in disbelief and stands up, pulling the younger one up with him.

“You’re like a kid, you know. How is it that you never take care of yourself? I can’t believe this, I married a kid.”

Jungkook ignores Jimin’s joke and pulls him into a tight hug, burying his face against the shorter one’s neck. Jimin wraps his arms around Jungkook’s waist and lets out a laugh when he feels the younger one bite down on his shoulder. He has a habit of doing that when they hug. That started maybe a few months after they became friends, it was weird at first (hot actually but of course he never admitted it) but Jimin got used to it quickly. It’s just one of the weird ways Jungkook shows affection.

“I was worried. If I disappeared after a fight and didn’t give a sign that I’m still alive, would you think about food and sleep?” he mumbles, still not letting go of Jimin.

“Of course you didn’t sleep”, Jimin sighs, “I hoped you would get some sleep at least. But you have a point, maybe I wouldn’t have either if it was you. But now we’re going to eat the pasta you made and afterwards we’re going to sleep. Together.” He pulls away from the hug and presses his lips on Jungkook’s for a quick kiss before taking his hand and pulling the younger one to the kitchen.

They eat the pasta (it’s already cold but considering how hungry they are, it’s delicious anyway) while Jimin tells Jungkook about visiting Busan. He didn’t do much besides sleep but he did spend some time with his family too. His brother has a girlfriend these days, he’s very shy about it so it must be serious. Their parents showed Jimin pictures from abroad and afterwards they watched a movie. It was one he has already seen but he didn’t really mind, most of the movie he just spent thinking and thinking some more. About everything and anything. Jimin always sees things more clearly every time he steps back for a while, if he goes to Busan or maybe even just to see a movie. It’s awfully helpful for him to be away from a stressful situation for a little while just to clear his head so he can really figure out how he wants to handle it and what he might want to say or do. There’s really no pattern to where he goes at those times, he just chooses whichever place he feels like will be the most calming for him at the moment. It might be the gym, some other time it might be a McDonald’s and sometimes he just hops on a bus and sits there for as long as he needs to.

Jungkook listens quietly while shoveling food into his mouth. Obviously he was starving. He doesn’t really talk much, occasionally throwing things like really? or that’s pretty funny or mhm into the conversation but lets Jimin do most of the talking.

“Are you done eating?”

“Yeah.” Jungkook pushes the empty plate slightly away from him. “Is it okay if I do the dishes tomorrow? I kind of just want to take a shower and go to sleep.”

“Yeah, let’s do the dishes tomorrow”, Jimin says. He can’t even believe that the worst fight they’ve had so far was about something as small as dishes.

They leave the dishes in the sink and go take a shower together. It sure would be more effective to go one by one, there’s only so much room under the running water and they keep accidentally hitting each other with their elbows while trying to wash their hair, but it feels better this way. They need to spend time together. Both are so tired, Jungkook more than Jimin, and they find comfort in each other's warmth. The shower takes them longer than usual, maybe because both are trying to wash their hair at the same time and it’s a ing mess, and when they turn the water off Jungkook lets out a yawn.

“Oh I brought some movies from my parents’ place. We can watch them tomorrow if you want”, Jimin says while drying his body with a towel. After he’s done putting on underwear and some grey pants he usually sleeps in, he dries his hair. Jungkook yawns again.

“Which movies?”

“Uh, Fast and Furious 6 and 7”, Jimin hands the younger his pants. During the past years Jimin and Jungkook have watched the Fast and Furious series quite a few times and at first they watched them seriously but nowadays they just laugh at how incredibly unrealistic the movies are. They sometimes play drinking games too, taking a shot every time a character survives something completely impossible. It’s been awhile since they’ve watched the movies, mainly because Jimin once forgot them at his parents’ house and because they’ve been too lazy to find the movies online.

“That’s perfect”, Jungkook says, he follows Jimin out of the bathroom into their bedroom, “We can do shots.”

“You sound a bit too excited about drinking.” Jungkook drinks more of the two, Jimin’s always been the a-few-drinks-to-have-a-good-time kind of guy but the younger one goes a little bit overboard when it comes to alcohol. When it comes to anything, really. Jungkook is an all-or-nothing kind of person about everything he does.

“It’s been a while since we played it, of course I’m excited”, he watches Jimin put on a black t-shirt.

“Oh that’s true. I think the last time we watched Fast and Furious we were just friends?” It’s almost impossible to imagine that they’ve been together for so little time. It feels like the years they spent as friends were just a dream, like they’ve been together for years now. But at the same time it feels as if it was only yesterday when Jungkook said I love you. Of course Jimin should’ve realized what he meant, but he didn’t, he just said it back like it was the most simple thing ever. No, hyung, I mean that I’m in love with you. It feels like it was yesterday.

“Yeah.”

“I can’t believe how little time we’ve actually been together. I feel like it’s only been a few days but at the same time it feels like I’ve spent my whole life with you”, Jimin says with a laugh, pulling the blankets aside so they can lay down but Jungkook grabs his wrist.

“I don’t care how mad you are at me but if you ever disappear like that again, I will kill you”, his voice is serious and Jimin’s expression softens (which is obviously kind of weird considering what the younger one just said but he knows it’s because Jungkook was worried, of course he would never really hurt Jimin), “I mean it.”

“I won’t. And I’m sorry I did. I really am. Now just let’s sleep, okay? I promise I won’t disappear again.” He pulls Jungkook on the bed. They cuddle up under the blanket with Jungkook’s arms tightly around Jimin’s body and Jimin’s lips against Jungkook’s forehead. They have never fallen asleep so fast.

 

And I vow to never break your heart

But most importantly, I vow to be your best friend because you’re mine.


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: i hope you enjoyed reading this random piece which i have been editing for a good five months already because i just didn't feel it was ready. the truth is, it has been ready for months now and i have no idea why i didn't post it until now xD i have a few more that i'm writing at the moment so look out for those in the future. 

anyways, leave a comment below if you liked it and i hope you have a wonderful day/night!!

p.s. i apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes there might be, this piece is like 25 pages long so i might have missed a few. i'll try to edit it someday.