Promise

Return

N was alone in his quarter, staring off into space as he thinks about Hyuk when there's a knock at his door. 

"Come in. "He says absent mindedly and the door opens to reveal Leo, looking very anxious.

"N. "He calls out fiercely and N turns to face him. 

"Yes, Taekwoon? What do you need? "He asks. 

"I want it. My memory. I want it back. "Leo demands without even an ounce of hesitance. "If you were really telling me the truth about all those thing, then give me my memory back so that I can remember. "

N stares at Leo and sighs. "I told you to just drop it, didn't I? Nothing good will happen if you get those memories back. If anything, they'll just make you lose your mind instead. "He reasons but Leo shakes his head stubbornly. 

"I want it and you're giving me. "

"Taekwoon--"

"Give it to me, Cha Hakyeon. "

N heaves a deep breath. "Get out, Taekwoon. I'm not giving you anything. "He refuses but Leo isn't giving up. 

"Well I'm not leaving until you give it to me. "He insists, glaring at N angrily and N glares back at him. "If it's my memory then I deserve to have it back, whatever the consequence is. I want to understand Hyuk better. I want to see you the same way he does. What is it that's so special about you that he just can't stop talking about you? Who are you actually? "

N finally drop his gaze in defeat. "Fine. "He gives in, pushing Leo to sit down on a vacant chair. "But you have to keep it in your mind that even after you've remember who I am, nothing will change between us. I'll still be your troop leader and that's all. "

"Okay. "Leo agrees easily, not even thinking twice. 

N closes his eyes and places his hand over Leo's head, slightly gripping his hair. "This will hurt. "He warns as he opens his eyes, now shining a bright blue. "Promise me this, Taekwoon . "

"What? "Leo demands impatiently. 

"Promise me that you'll not try to bring things back to the way it was. Promise me that you'll let things be the way it is now. Promise me that nothing is going to change. "

Leo looks up at N in confusion, wondering why he's asking him to promise so many things but he agrees anyway. "I promise. "

N nods, not throuroghly satisfied but he takes the promise anyway. 

Leo barely register seeing N nodding before a searing pain burns his whole body, making him scream and struggle; N's grip on his head is the only thing keeping him on his seat. 

Seconds passed before the pain finally subsides and when that happens, Leo is reduced to a panting and shaking mess. It takes him a few moment to recompose himself and when he does, he slowly looks back up at N only to realise that something has changed. 

His view changed.

If before this, he only sees N as his troop leader and nothing more, this time, he sees much more than that. There's just a sense of familiarity in N. 

Perhaps it's because of the all the new memories suddenly rushing into his mind but right now, he sees N as his leader, his life long friend, his most trusted person. 

"H-Hakyeon. "He chokes out, voice softer than it was because now,N is no longer a stranger to him. He's family. He's a source of comfort. He's back. With him, with them. 

N blinks at him and when Leo stands up from his seat, he quickly step back, creating a bigger distance between them. 

"Hakyeon, I --"

N swallows bitterly, his face turning cold and stoic. "Remember your promise, Taekwoon. "he reminds, opening the door behind him and gesturing for Leo to leave. 

"Nothing is going to change. I no longer belong to you neither do I hold responsibility over you. "N says firmly. 

"But--"

"Leave. "

 

 

A/N I have two questions. 

1-during what era did you starts stanning VIXX? 

2-anyone of you has been with me since His Presence? hands up please ~♡♡