Tears and a Big, Fat Lie.

A Day at This School?

 

~Donghae~

“Sorry,” I say, embarrassed that he’s embarrassed. “You… don’t like hugging people, right?”

“I don’t mind,” he replies, a smile in his voice. “But it’s awkward when you’re being hugged by a dude.”

I blink, and pull away. “Sorry,” I apologise again, grinning sheepishly when I see his face. “You know…”

“Donghae, where- Oh, there you are!” Oh, how I wish I wasn’t here, Jessica. You have no idea… “Hey,’ I reply, trying to sound normal and not pissed like I actually am. “You were looking for me?”

“Hae, I need to talk to you – in private,” she adds, shooting a glare at Hyukjae. “Hey, why can’t he come along?”

She sighs. “Because I need you alone,” she answers, looking annoyed. “So come, please?”

“Bye, Hyukjae, I’ll see you later,” I manage to gasp before I’m whisked away by this random chick.

 

~ Jongwoon~

“Wookie, no, please don’t cry,” I whisper, trying to figure out why he’s standing there, motionless and watching the tears drop onto the floor. “Did… why are you upset?”

I watch as he lifts his head, eyes closed, red and puffy. “I’m sorry, hyung,” he replies, “I just… Never mind.”

“Just what? Ryeowook, what aren’t you telling me? Why don’t you trust hyung?”

“Sungie-hyung, I… I love you!” He opens his eyes, and I can see the tears filling up, pooling at the bottom. “I love you.”

“Ryeo…wook? What…”

“I’ve loved hyung ever since I met you,” he continues, wiping his tears on his uniform. “I saw you… and I liked you… and then you sang that song… and the first time you called me Wookie… I remember it, hyung, even if you don’t!”

I can only stand, speechless, as an outburst of words come flowing from his mouth.

“Then when I got into this high school, I saw hyung, and I… I was happy. I was glad,” he smiles, even through his tears, “I was glad that I was with hyung, even though being closer would be harder. Because I know hyung had no time for someone like me. Sungie-hyung has no time for me. He’s busy, and he has lots to do, he doesn’t need me clinging off his arm. But… every time I saw you, my heart… went crazy. It told me how much I loved you, even though my mind tried to forget you. It told me how much I needed you, even though you would never need me back. It… it told me to give my all to this wonderful person standing in front of me, and I’m sorry if hyung is disgusted, but the truth is… I love you.”

~Ryeowook~

I told him. I told him.

I told him.

 

~Jongwoon~

“Oh, Ryeowook,” I sigh, walking up to him and taking him into my arms, “I don’t hate you. I’m not disgusted or anything. Actually, I…”

“You don’t have to try to make me feel better, you know,” he says quietly, squirming as I try to wipe away his tears. “I understand how you feel.”

I have no idea how to show him that no, he doesn’t know how I feel.

So I do the only logical thing.

I place my lips on his.

 

 

~Hyukjae~

He’s gone. With the mascara-chick.

Does that mean Yoona’s free at the moment?

I make my way to an empty classroom, sitting down and trying to just think.

So Donghae likes Yoona. Yoona likes Donghae. Yoona’s best friend is Jessica. Jessica likes Donghae and hates me. I like Yoona and hate Jessica. Donghae…

I actually have no idea how Donghae feels right now. Does he only like Yoona? Does he have any feelings for Jessica? Or me?

He seems like a gay type. You know, over-friendly and stuff. But he has a girlfriend, and a hot one at that. So why should  I be confused? I have no chance with Yoona, because she’s going out with the most popular guy at school, who is also, admittedly, hot.

Did I just think that?! Rewind rewind rewind.

Okay. I have no chance with Yoona because she’s already going out with Donghae.

Who is very, very charming.

Oh my God, what the hell? I’m not gay! Not gay, not gay, not gay, not gay!

Not bi, either. I’m straight. Straight as a metal rod, although there are bent metal rods.

What was wrong with me?

 

~Jessica~

That bastard, hanging out with Donghae so much. I’ll make him see what’s mine is mine and no-one else’s.

Okay, so Donghae isn’t mine. Yet. He will be, as soon as I take care of Yoona. All I have to say is I saw him cheating on her. Simple.

But in the meantime, I have to make Donghae see sense in breaking up with her.

“Donghae,” I say, biting my lip and acting nervous, “I… I should just say this. I saw Yoona kissing Hyukjae, and… I don’t know, I just thought you should know. I guess…” blink, flutter eyelashes, cover mouth with hand and squeeze those tears out… “I guess she wasn’t trustworthy… Oh, I wish I hadn’t seen it! But I felt so guilty not telling you! I’m really sorry…”

I looked up slyly, trying to figure out what was happening behind that fringe of his. “Yoona… and Hyukjae? Kissing? Where- When?”

“Just earlier,” I replied, keeping my eyes downcast, playing with the hem of my skirt. “I… I’m really sorry—”

“Hyukjae was kissing her back?” he fumed, black waves coming off him.

“Uh… yeah, I guess?” I replied weakly, trying to act scared as opposed to confused.

“Thanks.” He replies, and walks off.

What the bloody hell?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Aha! 941 words! Are you proud of me?

Longest chapter in this fic, I think.

I combined a lot of earlier chapters together, if you want to re-read them; if there are any mistakes, please tell me! I wrote this in one go; no editing, no nothing. I realised that the whole fic was taking place in one day, so…

Meh. Whatevs. :)