Chapter 1

I AM NOT A ROBOT

The mansion house gate opens when her car is approaching the entrance gate. A lady in her 30’s with a blonde wavy hair that possess with a beauty of a baby and goddess. She is wearing a channel sun glasses matching her channel summer collection 2018. As she drives her blue Lamborghini sports car. She passes by through an old man he butler.

“Madam, It’s ready.” He told her in a loud clear voice as her car pass by his direction. The lady smiles hearing her butler speak and keeps through his driving, but still manage to raise a bit her free hand to signal her butler that she heard him. As she nears the big mansion she can’t hide the excitement on her face. She parks her car in front of the mansion main entrance. She gets off her car and went inside her house. She went straight to the dining table. It’s beautifully decorated with birthday balloons and there is a cake on the table with a birthday candle lighten up. She puts her chin on in the middle of her two palms while her elbows are rested on the table as she sits on a chair.

“It’s already been a year since you came to me.” She started to speak in front of the birthday celebrant.

“with such a small body, you were always..so devoted to me.” She speaks so lovingly as the birthday song melody plays in the background. She is talking to a robot floor cleaner. That is placed on the table in front of her with matching party hat above it and near the birthday cake.

“You’re and honest and thoughtful groom of mine. Happy birthday, handsome!” She cheerfully greeted the object in front of her like it’s a real person she is talking with. Then she suddenly picks up a box wrapped in a brown gift wrapper with a red ribbon on it.

“All right” she slides it and open revealing the box content.

“Here’s your birthday present.” She presented to the cleaning object in front of her.

“Renew the battery, and stay with me for a long time.” She smiles brightly.

“You’re so cute.” She added.

After the small celebration, the cleaning robot starts to clean the floor while she roams in her toy collection room. She inspects everything inside the room. She then climbs up on a chair while a single playing card on . She is now standing in front of her tower deck of cards. She wants to slowly put the card on top carefully not to destroy the tower. Holding her breath for a couple of seconds while reaching her hand on top and drop the card.

“YES!” she successfully put it on without destroying the tall tower of playing cards. Then after that she go to the kitchen to get her medicines. Yes, it’s medicines because she is not only taking just one capsule, but 10 different capsules. All 10 capsules are on her palm, she is ready to swallow all of it in one go. Unlike what you think I am fine being alone she said to herself but suddenly choked up after swallowing the 10 capsules in one go she keeps pounding her chest to help her with the stuck up, but it didn’t easily go down so she bang her back on the concrete house foundation until the medicines slowly goes down. She now slowly breathing after being choked up to death. She coughs roughly while catching her breath after. If the world comes to an end, and only one can survive, that would be me. She lives alone in a mansion because she has this “HUMAN ALLERGY”. People and even some doctors don’t believe that this kind of allergy does exists until they found her. When she is touched with a human, her skin changes and turns to be bloat and rough. So, she prefers to live alone with his robot toy collection and gaming console. Just like now, after a near death experience from taking her medication, she enjoys herself in playing on an arcade car race like a kid.

“Come On” She have millions of skills to live in solitude. After an intense arcade game until sunset she went straight to her living room and watch romance movie. Watching man and woman kissing each other. Not a simple kiss but long and sensual kiss. She is so focused on the movie or should we say I say on the kissing part? That she slowly tries to copy it with the throw pillow she is hugging and imagining it’s a man. Hahaha, she is lonely? She then stops halfway.

“Not at all.” She said and throws the small pillow away from her and stood up from her couch and go to her big swimming pool outside her mansion. She jumps into the water without taking off her clothes and float herself facing the sky. Thinking deeply and sigh.

“I need some space..to protect..myself.”

Morning comes, in front of a store where people gathered outside waiting for the store to open because today is the launching of limited edition figures. They are all excited waiting outside. Some of them are hungry, thirsty and sleepy because they waited since last night. Others are busy chatting with each other while this guy in his pink short cut hair wearing a simple black leather coat and white shirt inside paired with a black fitted pants is busy with his food. He is eating while waiting for the store to open. He is 3 on the line in front of him is a girl student while on his back is a man in his 20’s looking hungry while watching him eats. He finishes his food and burp. Not caring if the people around him is looking at him like hungry zombies trying to eat his food. He feels recharge now. Then he notices the student girl in front of him feeling anxious or at ease as she looks from left to right while holding her tummy. He knows what girl student like to do so he talked to her in his natural deep and y tone voice.

“I’ll keep your space safe. You can go to the bathroom.” He told her.

“Really? Thank You!” the girl response and quickly stand up and walk away. He laughs at the girl because he knows that the student is really in peeing mode but afraid to leave because her position in the line might be stole from her. Suddenly his phone message tone rings multiple times. He fished the phone on his side coat pocket and read the messages.

“President Choi got me this treasure” message 1

“Do you see this product? The packaging..” message 2

“didn’t get ruined at all.” message 3

“My Gosh! I’m so popular.” He told to himself while reading the messages.

“I love you president Choi!” message 4 He is smiling with all the messages he receives and start typing.

“Everyone, I’m so overwhelmed by all your endless gratitude.” He said out loud what he is typing on his phone when suddenly a man taps his shoulder.

“Excuse me, what is this line for?” the man asks politely.

“Ah, this line?” he put his phone back to his coat pocket and look up to the person who ask him the question who is standing on the spot of the school girl who left for a moment to go to the rest room. He extends his hand on the tarpaulin beside her so the man could read what is the reason why they are there.

“We’re all waiting in line to get the limited-edition figures.” He said and fished his wallet on the other side of his coat.

“Give me a call if you need someone to purchase something for you. With an accumulated know-how of many years. I’ll be able to get you any kind of limited edition products.” He added and give the man his calling card. The man gladly accepted it and reads the card.

“Oh, you’re the famous President Choi!” He happily exclaimed

“I am surprise to see how young you are.” He added and slowly remove his shoulder bag from his back and slump down on the space he was standing off. His voice is so loud that people around start looking at him.

“My goodness. Hello everyone. You all must be cold.” He said to the people around them feeling close to all of them. But Seunghyun feels like the new comer is trying to steal the spot so he can avoid the long line. That’s why he decided to talk with the man.

“Hey!” he taps the man on his arm.

“I’ve tried out a lot of businesses,” he pointed to himself as he speaks clearly and seriously to the man in front of him.

“and I’ve failed a lot of them too. So all I have left with me..” he pause a bit and the man looks a bit scared and nervous.

“is debt and this short temper of mine.” He added trying to sound a bit irritated but still calmed with the man.

“Oh, I see” the man replied and look away from him and scratch his leg.

“But why are you suddenly talking to me like I’m your friend?. I don’t get it.” The man is making a scene in front of many people. He sounds like he feel hurt with the sudden voice out of Seunghyun. He gave a nervous laugh, but Seunghyun mocking his laugh.

“My Gosh, you’re unbelievable.” Seunghyun lost his temper now and stands up. Towering the man whom she is talking to.

“YAH!. You’re a brainless jerk who has no conscience..” his angry tone startled the man. He is now pointing at the man. People around them are watching the scene.

“Are you looking down on everyone here who’s been waiting in line?” Seunghyun asked and pointed to the people around them at the back then look back to the man he is towering. The man try to calm Seunghyun.

“I never look down on anyone.” The man said and signal his hand to calm down and feeling apologetic to everyone around him.

“How dare you cut in the line?” Seunghyun’s deep voice scares the man.

“If you don’t get lost in three seconds, I am going make toothbrush with all your nasal hair!” he angrily said and almost ready to punch the man anytime soon. The man suddenly touches his nose and feel scared with Seunghyun’s threat.

“Woah!..Nice!”

“Incredible!” the people commented at his strong threatening lines as they all clap hands for Seunghyun. The man feels humiliated.

“I don’t have nasal hair sticking out!” he stands up and face Seunghyun.

“And I never cut in line!” trying to defend himself with a lie. The crowed still cheers on Seunghyun.

“I’m not even interested in these limited-edition figures!” he lastly said and throws the calling card in front of Seunghyun before walking away from him.

“Get Lost!” the crowd said in unison.

“I’m not interested in this!” He added.

“Go Away!”

“Get Lost!”

“Leave!” the crowd keep chanting. Making the man humiliated. Then the school girl comes back. Seunghyun sits back again and grins around the people who cheered for him, feeling heroic for what he did.

“Did something happen?” the school girl asks him. He waves his hand.

“No, it’s nothing. You can sit back down.” He said and gesture her to sit on her original place. Then the store glass door opens revealing a man in black suit.

“It was a long wait, wasn’t it?” he asks.

“YES!” all the people answered in unison. And they start to prepare themselves to get inside the store.

“You can now enter. Please keep your order and slowly enter the event hall in an orderly fashion. You may come in.” The man announces and one by one enter the store. When the same guy awhile ago ruined the peaceful line and crashed into the people to get in first.

“Move! It’s mine! I’m going to have it!” he angrily pushes people to get through the line like a mad gorilla. Then the people get hyped and did the same thing with the guy. It’s now a chaos. Seunghyun is being pushed aside. Good thing he is strong because he doesn’t fall on the ground.

“Argh!. Who said Korea was a developed country?” he go through the entrance door fighting his way inside. The guards stopping them to get inside, but the crowd is stronger than them. Once they are inside. Seunghyun and the man earlier pause for a second to look at the display of metal gear gunner limited edition collectible toy. Then they race to get the one of the item. He harshly grabs the shirt of the guy he argues with a while ago and the hood of the two guys in front him to get on the race first. She reached there first and quickly grab one of the toy display. He steps aside and leaves the other people to fight for getting one of that toy collection. As he secures the toy on his arms he didn’t notice that a kid with a hotdog stick stained the box with the ketchup. When he finished buying the toy, he went out and place the toy safely on his motorbike storage box. His phone suddenly rings so he answers it.

“Hello! I successfully got it for you. Where should we meet?” he asks the other person on the line.

After an hour Sandara’s car is parked in front of the han river side patiently waiting for someone to meet with her. Few more minutes, she hears an engine sound from a motorbike. She can see in her side mirror a man wearing a black leather jacket, black pants with a helmet on his head riding a big motor bike. Then the bike stops at his car side. He gets up and open his storage box to get the toy before walking towards Sandara’s car. He knocks on the driver side window. Sandara push the button to slide down the window on the backseat side and speak on a mini microphone.

“Put it in the backseat.”

The guy is surprise and take a glimpse of Sandara’s car.

“What? Was that a speaker?” feeling amazed. He can’t see her clearly because of the tinted glass window.

“Didn’t you hear me? I told you to put it in the back seat.” She repeats herself feeling a bit irritated to the tall guy who never take off his helmet. Although she can see his front face.

“Aish!.I can’t do that.” The guy response in his deep voice while holding the toy in his arm.

“You need to give me cash for what I got you. Give me my money.” He opens his palm in front of her side window.

“I already paid for the figure in advance. And I am going to double your commission for direct dealing. However, on one condition. The packaging needs to be in perfect state. That means I need to check the packaging first.” She clearly stated speaking with her mic.

“Why can’t you trust me?” the guy asks and look at the toy in her hand then go back to Sandara.

“Fine! I am confident with my products anyway.” So, he follows the instruction and place it on the back seat through the window. Sandara sees it and when the toy is already inside her car, she closes the window at the back then take the box and examine it with a magnifying glass. The guy sees what she is doing and he just laugh a bit.

“My gosh!” he said. Suddenly Sandara sees a ketchup stain on the box and it startle her.

“No!” she drops her magnifying glass and hug the item as she feels scared to death.

“Ma’am, I’d like my commission now. Please give me 300 dollars. I stayed up all night to wait in line for this.” She heard the man speaks and she shakes her head.

“I can’t give it to you.” She said. The guy frowns.

“What?”

“There’s already a stained on the box. And there is no way I’ll be able to get this figure again.” She strongly stated.

“This means you failed to fulfill our contract.” She slowly shifted her face looking now directly to the guy leaning on her window. If stare can kill, he will probably dead by now.

“How can you be brazening enough to ask me for money right now?”

Slowly he straightens up his body.

“Ahhh..” he grips his back pack straps “That box was completely fine when I had it. It seems like that stain suddenly appeared as soon as you took it. I’d sincerely like to apologize for what happened.” He is trying to reason out his side and apologize to her in a calm way.

“Did you think I’d apologize like that?” he speaks while greeted his teeth in anger. He angrily pound on the glass window on the driver side. Sandara looked a bit surprise at his action.

“How dare you try to scam me?” he added.

“You’re the one who tried to scam me.” Sandara is also not getting angry as she speaks the way the guy talks to her.

“I can forgive mistakes, but I can’t forgive people lying to me.” She accuses him. The guy feels unbelievable.

“My God! I can’t believe this.” He laughs at her a bit and knock on the window again.

“Yah! Get out of the car.” He orders her, but instead of going out she press the lock button to lock her car. The guy get surprise by her action. He tried to pull the car door knob trying to open it.

“Did you just lock the door?” he asked and go to the backseat, but to his surprise it’s also locked.

“You even locked the backseat door?” He goes back to her side.

“Are you trying to run away with the product without paying me?” He now accuses her. Sandara decides to slide down her window a bit.

“I refuse to give you a single penny to a con artist.” She strongly said.

“Yah! You’re messing with a wrong person right now.” He replies and put his hand inside her car. She gets alert after seeing his hand inside so she pushes the button to slide up the window again.

“Yah! Get out of your car.” He told her and he quickly remove his hand inside her car before he get hurt.

“Yah! Open the door! Get out of the car.” He angrily said and starts pounding his hand on the window as its close again.

“I am going to write a review about this so repent on what you did. And let’s never meet each other again. You piece of a trash!” Sandara dictates with anger on her voice as she looks at him directly in the eyes. The guy is shocked at her words and he see her wave her hand at her pissing him off. She starts the car’s engine and prepares to leave.

“Yah! Where do you think you’re going? Yah! Stop!” he pounded hard on the window. Sandara is now slowly driving while the guy follows as he keeps slamming his hand on the window.

“YAH! YAH! YAH!” he keeps shouting. Then Sandara suddenly move to the side and ended up bumping the guy. A loud thud is heard and she halt the car.

“What? What was that sound?” she asked getting nervous all of a sudden. She looks at her left and right and then to her side mirror. There she sees the guy lying on the ground not moving. She slowly drops down her window and look outside with a huge shock face. She leans back to her seat again trying to calm her breath.

“Omo! Did I hit him? Really? No. No. No. No. That can’t be. My gosh! This is crazy.” She’s talking to herself and then finally decide to unbuckle her seatbelt, but before she get out of her car, she wears a black hand gloves and take with her the baton for defense. She is nervous while getting off her car while holding her baton. She presses a button and the small thing extend to become long. Slowly she approaches the man on the ground. Few distance from the body, she stretched her arms and using the long stick she tries to poke the guy’s helmet.

“Hey!” she said, but guy is not moving. So, she does it again many times. “President Choi! Hey!” he still won’t move. “Hey!” with the last tap on his helmet, he opens his eyes and move his head up to look at the person who’s poking his helmet and in a split second he grabs the stick and pull the lady towards him. Sandara get surprise that she didn’t even prepare herself with the sudden action. Now she is in a close distance with Seunghyun face to face with her. She is still in shock mode. Yet Seunghyun feels disappointed.

“Aisht! Chinch!” he swings his head left to right and stops when he gets to see closely the face of his client. He was mesmerized by her beauty. Feeling like the time stops, a smile crept up from his face without his knowledge.

“Oh, you’re so beautiful.” Out of nowhere he said. Then Sandara got back from reality and realize how close she is with Seunghyun.

“WAAAHHH!” she screams and jumps off away from him, but Seunghyun is quicker than her, so he grabs her left feet.

“Yah! Where do you think you’re going?” Seunghyun tightly holding her feet, but Sandara wiggles it to loosen it up from his hold. He is still on the ground.

“Go Away! Go Away!” Sandara keeps on chanting and struggling to get off from him. He finds it amazing how the girl with a petite body has also this kind of strength. So, he decides to get up still holding her feet to stop her from leaving. But Sandara used her stick to push him on the helmet to the ground hoping she can escape him.

“YAH! YAH! YAH! Let Go Of me! I said Let Go Of Me!” she keep on saying. Then Seunghyun hand slips off from her feet and she luckily escape. She runs towards her car while he is crawling towards her. He caught her again on the knee, but Sandara hit her with the stick.

“I’m going to kill you! Let Go of Me!” she angrily said. Seunghyun didn’t let go of her even he was being hit many times with her stick. So, Sandara do her last option. She pushes him on the helmet with all force and he is thrown away from her. Quickly she gets inside her car and lock the door, but when she is about to close the window, suddenly Seunghyun’s hand stop it. He feels like this girl is not a girl. Even though he respects woman, this girl is different and he will not allow her to escape him that easily. He stops her from closing the window and put her hand inside and grab her side collar. His hand touches her skin and the allergy triggers again. She suddenly felt her breathing choke up. Her heart beat races. She can’t breathe properly. Seunghyun didn’t notice it as he continue to grab her collar.

“I once even got hit by a plank..so that I could get my money. Do you think this is going to make me give up?” he said and shake Sandara’s body angrily. She doesn’t know what to do. She finds it hard to breathe. She pounded her hand on the steering wheel as she tries to speak, but no voice coming out . She feels like dying at the moment because Seunghyun.

“Give me my money! Give me my money! You brat!” Seunghyun is going wild. “Give me my money!” then Sandara finally think clearly as she opens the door throwing him away from the side. Then she closes it quickly while breathing heavily. Grasping her chest, she starts the car engine and drive away, leaving Seunghyun on the ground. She manages to escape a deadly experience.

“YAH! STOP RIGHT THERE!” he screams, but she already drives away. While inside her car she injected herself with the medication she need to stop the allergy. Slowly she starts to feel better. Upon arriving home, she examines her neck on the mirror. The part where Seunghyun touched her.

“That jerk!” she sighs. Her quite time is interrupted as her phone rings. She picks it up.

“Hello, Doctor Dong. Ok I’ll be out in a minute. Let’s meet at the garden.” She said and ended the call. After a minute she is outside talking to her personal Doctor. Doctor Dong is examining her skin with a magnifying glass. He is not touching her.

“You should’ve been careful.” Doctor Dong said, she told him what happened awhile ago that is why she ask her doctor to come home and check up on her.

“Look carefully at the rash.” She said and straight up on her seat to point something on her hand skin.

“Isn’t this shape differently?” she asks. Doctor Dong put down the magnifying glass.

“It’s the same as always.” He replied.

“No, look carefully.” She protests and describes something to her doctor. “Until now, they were circular, but this is slightly oval.” Trying to differentiate the thing she sees. Doctor Dong don’t seem to listen to her. He is removing his hand gloves.

“This could be a clue to learning about my disease.” She added eagerly.

“That’s a half bake pimple.” Doctor Dong response coolly. She suddenly feels disappointed at his answer. She thinks of something else.

“I had a cold sweat earlier. Why don’t you take a sample.” She is trying to persuade her doctor. The Doctor Dong think about it for a while.

“I will if you want, but the result will be the same.” Then he made her feel down again.

“Haist, why won’t you put your heart and soul into this? I am a patient. As my doctor you should feel pity and cling to tiny clues like this.” She tries to scold him for he is not giving a damn with her disease.

“I did more than enough of that for 15 years. Your illness has not yet been diagnosed. I’m sorry, but it’s time you admit that only one thing..” he tries to explain his side in a polite manner. Then she turn her back on him. “you can do is live secluded from people.” He added.

“Any new drugs?” she changes the topic feeling disappointed.

“None. We tried almost everything.” He replied, but she is not looking at her. Then he gets the red box on the table beside him and handed it to her. “I found you a smart medical device.” He opens the top cover to reveal the thing inside. Her attention is now focused on the object inside the box. She took it from the box and take a close look at it. “It was developed in Sweden and is being beta tested.” He explains while walking towards the chair across Sandara. “It measures your heart rate and temperature..” he now sits on the chair. “and shows your condition as a color.” Sandara wears the watch that doctor Dong gave her. “It’s usually blue, yellow when you’re over 100..with the early stage rash and breathing difficulty. Orange means you’re over 1000 with full body rushes and closed airways.” She keeps listening to him as she turns on the watch “Over, 2000, and it turns red, few minutes later..”

“I die of shock?” she added in a question and Doctor Dong motion a slash of hand on his neck confirming that what she asks is right.

“I’ve never gone over 2000” she confidently said.

“You never know.” He response. She nods her head in agreement and sighs heavily.

“Haayy, what’s the point in wearing this? I can’t date anyone or get married. I’ll have to live like a monster forever.” She said feeling sad about her situation. Doctor Dong sense it too.

“Might there not be just one man who will still like you.” He said to her, but she lows her head down.

“If there were, he wouldn’t be normal either.” She sadly said.

Meanwhile, Seunghyun feels exhausted after the accident, he is now resting at the park lying on the stone long chair as he faces the sky. Closing his eyes and sigh deeply. “That brat thief girl. You’re done sleeping peacefully for the rest of your life. My grudges will curse you, and you’ll have nightmares every night. I will not stop even if you plead with the deities.” He mumbles.