Forget Me Not

Everything We've Been (HIATUS)

Jinyoung was already nervous about this date, it was his first, and he didn't want to mess it up at all. He was lacking knowledge when it came to the dating game, but here he was intrigued by the cute Barista, enough to get him to have spred out all his clothes on the floor. He needed a good outfit, not too fancy, yet eye catching enough. 

The young rookie tossed himself in his bed and decided it was best to take a nap before the date. He set alarms to make sure he woke up in time to get ready, although he'd never feel completely confident about this date.

He rolled around in his bed, frustrated, and it wasn't that he was thinking it'd go wrong. It's more of this feeling of worry about Yugyeom, if he was doing well in the hospital, and if he needed some form of company. He felt this urge to see if he was okay and he couldn't explain it even if he tried. 

He decided that enough was enough and he got out of his cozy red velvet comforter. He grabbed a plain black jacket, his car keys, and let the cool breeze greet him on the way out the door. He slammed his car door shut and let his engine roar as he sped down the road. 

Washington always had this moist air and trees are as far as the eye can see. From Douglas-Fir and Western Hemlocks, to Red Alder and Pacfic Yew. It's a sight to see and yet he drove past it all. 

His eyes never left the road; once he got to the hospital he felt his heart race, yet he didn't understand why. He knew he was worried about the boy or was it that simple? He decided to brush it off as he entered the hospital, feet ordering him to walk to the room, and his heart still thumping against his chest. 

He gave a soft knock "hey, how are you?" He asked as he saw the younger out of his bed. He stood tall, presence small, yet still all there. He turned, shrugged, and sat himself down on the bed; He looked in a daze still.

"Why did you come?" His voice as gentle as an ocean wave and it hit everyone of the other's heartstrings. He felt a sudden urge to come towards him, so he inched himself towards the hospital bed. 

"I needed to. I just had to see you." He watched as the younger's eyes widened into small cresecents; A blush creeping onto his face and he pulled the sheets over his head to hide his embarassment. 

"I told you to leave already." He protested turning his back to towards the rookie employee. His voice breaking a little, quiet, and vulnerable. 

The elder was about to leave and let him have his wish again before he called the nurse again, yet when he made it to the door he felt a sharp pain in his head. He took a knee for a moment; It felt like a million needles were being jammed into his skull. 

Don't Leave Him...

An unfamiliar voice rang through his head and he got up off his knees as the pain subsided. He didn't even realize Yugyeom had rushed to his side, soothing his back, and humming close to his ear sweetly. He just stood there in a daze as the younger took a step back and looked down at the ground; his hands behind his back in a childish manner. 

"Come with me." The elder grabbed the boy dragging him out despite his feeble attempt to fight back.

"I'm not supposed to leave yet." He tried to talk the elder out of taking him anywhere, but he shook his head. 

He approached the front desk and after about five minutes, the girl had given in, and gave them about four hours till he needed to be returned. He gave the boy time to change into his clothes so he had time to think about what he was doing. 

He tapped his head and tried to recall the voice that rang through telling him not to leave the younger, but he couldn't put his finger on it. The voice was so familiar, as if he'd heard it all his life, and that's what made him feel that his sanity was slipping. 

He felt a hand on his shoulder and it was none other then the boy he couldn't get off his mind since the moment he he got up this morning. He was decked out the same outfit he'd been in when he called 911. His slim black jeans and his knitted white turntleneck; He looked astonishing, but Jinyoung refused to think that's how he looked to him. He convinced himself it was only the outfit, nothing more. "Hey, you alright?" The younger asked and the other's mind came back down to earth. He took a moment to gather his thoughts before getting up and taking lead towards the hospital exit. 

He didn't want to answer that hard question of if he was alright because he wasn't. A lot of things were starting to get weird and complicated for him emotionally; He didn't understand why moving far to start his own life would do that, but it did. Never-the-less he had to go with the flow of things and right now it felt right being with Yugyeom, not weird, and it felt right. It felt as if this is where he was supposed to be. 

It was a short drive to a nearby milk tea shop and he Yugyeom's eyes lit up like a christmas tree, so the elders heart fluttered in his chest a little bit. The younger basically burst through the double doors, getting straight in line, and left the other in awe. He watched as a butterfly passed by and it rammed into the window harshly, after a moment it got back to fluttering its wings; flying off past the the window. He walked up taking his place in line beside the giddy boy and waited till it was there time.

The boy ordered a large, hot, almond milk tea, and a hot matcha milk tea. Yugyeom wanted to pay for himself, but before he could even get out his card the elder had slide his through. 

"You didn't even get anything." He gave a light pout as they sat down at a table close to the window. The shop was right around a forest area so as you looked out all around you was a beautiful, free, and natural scenery. 

"It's no big deal." He gave a lopsided smile, unsure of how to say he wanted to pay for him, and that it felt nice to see him all joyous over milk tea. I mean the kid bought two drinks for himself! He was just chugging them down like water, sipping them up like a maniac, and looking insanely innocent while doing so. 

Jinyoung caught himself staring hard which caused the younger to turn to the side a little as he drink the last ounce of his drink. He wanted for them to talk about something; The air was just so tense! He didn't want this awkward silence or the uncomfortable shifting in their seats, yet here they being two ducklings in a small puddle. 

"Thank you." The boy had a blank expression that the elder couldn't read. He looked dazed, curious, and beautiful all at once. Jinyoung shook his head, throwing the beautiful part to the back of his mind and grabbing both empty drinks, chucking them into the trash. 

Jinyoung froze as he recalled the fact that today him and Mark were supposed to go on a date. He checked the clock realizing he only had about thirty more minutes before he had to be at the cafe. He looked at Yugyeom who just shot him a lovely smile that sent his heart into a sudden rage. He took a moment to breathe and chucked all confusinf thoughts to the back his mind. "Let's take you back now." he cooed to the younger trying not to show any indicator that he was indeed stressing out at the moment.

After having dropped off the younger to the hospital he bid him a very quick farewell. For the second time today he stepped on the gas, rushing to the cafe, and trying his best not to get into an accident in the process. The sun was already beginning to set and once he pulled into the parking lot of the cafe, Mark was walking out, a gummy smile plastered on his face. Jinyoung rushed out of his car towards the Barista and gave a smile in return. The cold evening breeze kissed both boys alabaster skin, Mark shivered, and that made the elder immediatly take off his jacket and wrap it around the boy. All Mark was wearing was a plain black T shirt and some skinny blue jeans; How could he be wearing just that when he knows how cold the northwest can get? He thought to himself but decided not to even ask as Mark led them inside of the closed down cafe.

A beautiful song was playing in the backround, it was some kind of ballad, but Jinyoung couldn't put a name to the singer. The lights were off and the only source of light were candles upon candles lined up in rows on the tables that had been pushed against the walls of the cafe. It was such a dreamy vibe, a table in the middle of the room, set for two, and two cafe au laits were on each on of the table. There was an array of food spread out on the table, so both boys had options, and everything was so wonderous. It was like Jinyoung was in a different world right now and he was in love with it. Mark looked at him, all wide eyed, and hopeful; I mean he was like a dog waiting for a bone to snatch.

"It's wonderful." Jinyoung mouth went agape sitting down in the chair and Mark following suite on the other end of the table.

Mark clapped his hands together and his eyes almost shot beams of light "I'm so glad you like it!' 

The night was spent mostly talking, laughing, and Jinyoung drinking away at his coffee. He'd never tasted anything like it and he always craved more of it when he was done. It was all going well for the two of them and the elder didn't expect it to go wrong in the first place: aside form his sweaty palms. He was enjoying his little jokes about history and for someone who dropped out Mark was very well versed in academics. He knew a lot about history, random math, and random literature, all quite fascinating. A few droplets of rain smacked against the cafe windows, but neither boy moved from the chairs. They continued on so immersed in their converation with one another.

"Thank you again for saying yes to this date." Mark put his hand on top of the elder's and a sudden rush of blood shot through his body. HIs brain felt like it was on autopilot as it pieced together a memory forcefully.

 

"Jaebum thank you again for saying yes to this date, even though I was your patient." The small boy was grinning ear to ear; A light red color evident on his cheeks.

"Anything for you Kunpimook. I didn't keep you in the hospital for long because of your fracture." He admitted giving a mischievous and cat like smile.

The two boys swirled there wine around in their respective glasses, staring each other down, and not letting their gazes off each other. It felt as if the universe froze just for them; It was a beautiful accident. 

Jinyoung came back down to reality. His head throbbing from the sudden recollection and the barista's eyes were two big moons. The elder could tell he was waiting for some kind of indicator that he was okay, yet he knew he wasn't, and that something wasn't right. 

"Mark, I'm sorry I have to go right now." He stumbled towards the door; A complete mess, yet he tried to believe he had it all under control. 

"Bye." He could see the boys tense shoulders and strong gaze that gave him this feeling that he didn't know what he was going to. That he was in utter shock at Jinyoung's sudden behaviour. 

Jinyoung was racing down every street like a maniac on wheels. He parked in the hospital parking lot and sprung out of his vehicle in record time. He went inside and his feet led him to the exact room his mind was thinking of. Yugyeom was still in his regular clothes, speaking with the doctor, and totally unaware that the elder was in the room. He cleared his throat causing both heads to snap and the doctor seemed to take that as his warning to leave. 

"I'm free to leave." The boy started, voice soft like wool. 

Jinyoung stepped forward and locked eyes with him. "I'm dreaming of being those men you wrote in your journal, but it feels all too real to be a dream." He waited for the boy to say something, do something; A bead of sweat dropped down the side of his forehead. 

"Do you think you're remembering?" The youngin asked as he traced circles on the floor with his feet. 

"I think I can't forget." He grabbed Yugyeom pulling him out of the hospital and leading him to the car. 

The youngin tried to ask where he was being taken to, but Jinyoung just pointed at the passenger seat. After a minute or two the intern got into the car and he sped off into the distance. He had an idea of how to figure this out. 

I hope this give us an answer...

 

Author's note: Hi guys! My laptop just broke so I can't edit the chapters the same on my phone, so bear with me please? Thank you guys and hope you enjoy!