Make Me Remember

Everything We've Been (HIATUS)

It was silent as he waited outside Yugyeom's hospital room as the doctor was still in there. He felt all the weight of the guilt hit him as he kept quiet. The white tile floor wasn't quite the cleanest white he's ever seen, but it was still a nice hospital. He'd been waiting for who knows how long staring at this tiled floor as the clock continued to tick on the wall above him.

Soon his drowsiness took him, he tried to fight it, but his head drooped down, and his eyes shut. He found himself in another vivid dream and this time it was no shocker when he looked over to see a dark figure in the room across from him, yet this time he was able to command the light to turn on and now he could see the boy on the other side.

He had pink plump limps, alluring dark eyes, short but beefy arms and thighs, so he was a walking beauty to the elder. He was wearing tight joggers, a loose pajama top that engulfed his small frame, and he was smiling from ear to ear.

"Jungkook my parents said you can come into the room tomorrow aren't you excited?" The boy was jumping up and down. Jinyoung assumed that the boy that he was playing as of now was Jungkook and he knew that he'd have no control over what would be said next.

"Of course, I'm excited Chim-Chim!" The smaller crossed his arms and pouted at the nickname.

"I told you not to call me that." The boy was adorable and all Jinyoung wanted to do was hug the kid with all his might.

Next thing Jinyoung knew was he was being shaken by a doctor. The dream was interrupted, and it took him a moment to realize he was back in the real world, but for some odd reason it felt no different than how he felt in the dream. It took a moment for the doctor to explain that the intern would be fine, he needs a few days’ rest, but aside from that he was saved right on time. He thanked the doctor as he turned around and walked past through some double doors.

The elder began to open the door to Yugyeom's room to find he was awake. When they made eye contact the younger almost darted his eyes elsewhere immediately, but then he looked back at the elder as if he was waiting him to say something. He sat down awkwardly, clearing his throat, and pulling the book out from where he tucked it in his back pocket. It felt as if time froze for Jinyoung as he looked at the boy's pale face, his soft eyes, and scrunched hair. He was a beautiful mess, the kind you can't ignore, the kind that Jinyoung had been ignoring up until now. He held the book up to him and the young intern’s eyes widened, he tried to snatch it from him, but Jinyoung shook his head as he pulled it away from his reach.

"I thought I just lost it." The youngers voice came out weak and airy as if he had to fight through hell. He handed the book to him and he took it into his grasp as if a precious child. The cherry blossom tree outside gave a gorgeous view for the older to turn around and look at.

"How do you know all of those happened?" he asked as he kept his back towards him, not wanting to look at him, and not wanting him to see the hope in his eyes that the kid would say something plausible.

"Because I remember them all, first hand, but you don't so no worries." at that moment Jinyoung turned back around to see that the lad was simply looking at the ceiling.

It was as if the kid just gave up all hope after Jinyoung failed to remember anything of his past life, if it's even his past life, and Jinyoung for whatever reason wanted to find out now. He wanted to know if those stories are of them both or if they're just his imagination. "Hey, make me remember then." He blurts out and the younger snapped his head to look in his direction, eyes wide, and mouth gaping. He pulled himself together as Jinyoung sat beside his bed waiting for an answer.

"I don't think I can make you remember. Your soul is what needs to be reminded of all your past lives." he paused turning his body away from the elder. "How am I supposed to help you remember? Leave, you've forgotten me." He heard the cracking in the younger's voice and for a moment he wanted to say something, but what was he supposed to say?

Kris entered the room, a bouquet of light purple anemone flowers, and a bright smile plastered on his face. He went to hug his son gently and the employee watched the care he had for his kin. He and his boss locked eyes, so he took that as a sign for him to leave.

"Thank you again for finding him when you did." His eyes lit up and he gave a light nod.

"No problem." He took his leave and yet the fact that Yugyeom kept his eyes on him until he exited made him want to sit back down in the room with him.

The night air was thick and pure. Today Felix was working longer than Jinyoung, so by the time he got home his roommate was still at his job. There was a soft knock on the door and the elder hurried to see who it is. There stood Mark, sweatpants, casual sneakers, hoodie flipped up, and hair all disheveled.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, not sure if he should invite him in or not.

"I have to drop something off for Felix." He held up the small backpack he had clutched in his grasp. Jinyoung gestured for him to come in, closing the door as he walked in.

Mark asked the older questions, trying to make small talk, and trying to learn more about him. The elder thought nothing of the sudden questions, he just answered, and asked the barista the same questions back. Mark was originally born in California; explains his wardrobe. It also explains why he seems to have that whole party boy look to him.

It wasn't long before the two found themselves at the table, sipping coffee brewed by the barista, and laughing as they told each other stories. The high school dropout had a lot of crazy stories about his rebellious acts in his school. How he had fought and almost broke a kid’s jaw, to harmless graffiti on walls, to getting kicked out of class for disobedience. They both left at his recklessness, but he saw a tinge of sadness in the boy's eyes.

"You know being a drop out doesn't mean you're bad." He looked at the boy and his eyes seem to gleam at that those words.

"Thanks." Mark placed his hand on top of the elder's and began to rub small circles around his palm.

Jinyoung felt his heart beat jump and pulled his hand away. The boy got up and persisted, wrapping both arms around his neck, and placing his chin against the top of his head.

"You've never had anyone like you, have you?" He asked, letting his hands tighten around him a little, but Jinyoung shot up and out of his embrace.

Jinyoung felt his heart beating because he was nervous, but something was off. His body was refusing, his mind was refusing, just something in his was telling him to get away. As if it wasn't right, that Mark was bad for him, or that he isn't supposed to get too close this fast. In that moment the door swung open.

"I'm home!" Mark seemed to grab his things and rush past him. The worker watched as he left and was fascinated by his presence. "Why was he here?"

"I thought he had something to give to you." He looked at him and his roommate had a blank face.

"He never said he needed to give me anything." He shut the door and went to his room.

What was he doing here then?

Jinyoung stood by Yugyeom's hospital room trying to decide if he wanted to go in or not. He'd been at the hospital for about thirty minutes and he kept feeling a weird feeling in his stomach every time he was about to walk in, but instead backtracked and sat himself on the bench to reconsider going in or not. He finally decided to force whatever odd feeling he had rumbling in the pit of his stomach aside, walking in with sweaty palms, and Yugyeom woke up hearing the bottoms of Jinyoung's shoes tap against the floor. He stopped where he was, like a statue, and the boy just looked up at him from his bed.

"Why are you back? I said to leave." he said quietly and the elder almost didn't hear him.

"I said I want you to make me remember." He looked at him hoping for him to change his mind. If it happened to both of them, then he should remember, and he should know all his past lives. He knows who he was, he remembers, so he felt he should be able to remember as well. At least it only made sense for him to also know who he was in his past life if the younger knew, so why not try? The worst scenario is that they aren't soulmates, right?

"I can't be the one to do that, only you can." Yugyeom clicked a button on the monitor and a nurse rushed inside the room. "Can you get him out please?"

Jinyoung's eyes widened to the size of a full moon as he walked out slowly, looking back at the younger, and wondering what it would take to make him agree to trying to help him remember. He walked out of the hospital and was greeted by someone who seemed to be running into a little too often now.

"Hey, Felix said I'd find you here." The cafe owner was leaning against a cement pillar. He was still wearing what he was wearing when he'd last saw him, but this time he had a bigger grin on his face.

The gust of wind swept by making Mark's hair flutter around elegantly and then the locks settled themselves back down. He was a beauty to the elder, almost impossible to look away, but he did look away. It felt wrong looking at him, it felt wrong that his heart was beating fast, and it felt wrong to be near him. Here, they both stood, so close yet so far.

"I'm heading home now." The elder kept his head down as he walked past him, but he was stopped. Mark wrapped his hand around the others wrist keeping him from stepping any further.

"Let's go out sometime?" He asked quietly, his cheeks turning reddish, and he let go of the elder’s wrist. Jinyoung stood frozen at the question, not knowing what to say, so instead of answering he just let there be a tense silence.

Jinyoung looked back at the hospital, wanting Yugyeom to walk out, and somehow make him feel the need to stop. That his presence alone could stir him awake enough to know better than to say yes to this question. He looked at the glimmer of hope in the barista's eyes and felt his heart drop down into his chest. He felt the weight of the world on his shoulders and wondered if this what it felt like to want to be beside someone? He wanted Mark near him, yet he felt scared, and he felt worried to do so. He didn't want to disappoint, to do something wrong, to say anything wrong to him. The whole world felt like it stopped spinning and then started again when Mark began to walk away from the elder.

"Yes! We can go out." He shouted catching the boy off guard.

"Tomorrow, be at the cafe after work." He turned around and shouted. He hopped down the road like an excited little puppy dog, joy contagious, and the elder could feel a weight lift off his shoulders.

Was it so bad that he liked him a little? I mean Mark is a nice guy, at least Jinyoung thought so, but why did it feel weird to say yes to him? It was rumble in the back of the rookie’s stomach that made him feel like something wasn't right. Jinyoung wondered if this is what people mean by butterflies in their stomach.