2 - Phana and Wayo

Sotus Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Leave me alone P’Pha”, Wayo yelled, trying to shut his room door. He wished he was stronger than Phana during these moments. “Nong’Yo please… just hear me out”, Phana pleaded. He managed to pry Wayo’s door open. Wayo got back into bed, covering his entire body. Phana sat down next to him, “I’m sorry. She needed a ride. What was I supposed to do?”. Wayo remained quiet. He was done listening to the same excuse over and over again. Phana placed a hand on Wayo but he shook it off. “Tell me what I can do”. Wayo was still not in the mood to talk. It had not been the first time they had had this fight.

“How many times do I need to tell you that Pring is just a friend?”, Phana asked, “She means nothing to me”. Phana knew that he really messed up whenever Wayo gave him the silent treatment. “I’m sorry”, he repeated, unsure of what else to say. More silence passed. “Everyone’s waiting for us at the beach… Should I tell them we aren’t coming?”, Phana was hoping this would get a response out of Wayo and it did; just not a verbal one. Wayo got out of bed, put on his shoes and headed out. Phana ruffled his hair in frustration and followed him.

Wayo was not going to let a silly fight with his boyfriend ruin a perfectly good day of fun with their friends. He could not understand why it was so hard for Phana to see past Pring’s fakeness. She had gotten drunk last night, again, and as usual called Phana to pick her up. He had been asleep in Wayo’s room when she called. Phana answered and the call was loud enough for Wayo to hear. She had flirted with him, asking to come join her at the club. Wayo pretended to be asleep. To his relief, Phana had shut her down. But when she eventually asked him to come and pick her up, he agreed. Wayo wanted to wake up and protest, but decided against it.

Phana had been gone for about an hour, before Wayo heard him and Pring outside her apartment, which was just opposite his own. She was giggling and trying to get Phana to come inside with her. Wayo waited for Phana to come back into his room, but instead heard both their voices disappear and Pring’s door close. Wayo opened his door, hoping to see Phana outside. His disappointed grew more when he walked to Pring’s door and heard Phana inside. Wayo went back to his room and locked the door. He did not want Phana coming back to bed after what had just happened. 20 minutes passed before Phana tried to open the door. After a few tries of knocking, he gave up and left. All Wayo wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter