two. meeting romeo pt. 1

Code Name: Juliette

The sound of my alarm clock ringing disrupted me from my sleep. I checked my phone and saw that it was the weekend and my alarm went off at four in the morning. I probably just forgot to turn off my weekday alarm so I turned off the alarm, put my phone back to my bedside table and continued on sleeping, snuggling underneath my covers, closing my eyes once more.

Few moments later, I heard the door of my room swing open, hitting the wall, causing a loud bang. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. “What is going on?” Sleepily, I looked at the figure approaching me. It was my mom.

“Rise and shine, dear! Today is the day! It’s your first day on the job and the day I finally get to meet SeKai!” She said with a grin on her face. “Come on, get up! I already prepared the bath for you since I knew you were going to forget.” She’s more excited than I am on this one. She never gets up this early.

“How were you able to get up so early? I usually wake you up.” I said in between yawns while scratching my head. I wore my slippers and finally stood up, yawning once more.

“Well, I was so excited that I couldn’t sleep!”

She was right. I could tell from how hyper she is that she drank more coffee than usual. “I’ll get ready in a while. Go put on some make-up while I get ready, mom. You have dark circles under your eyes.”  She and I know that she does not get dark circles. Before she would even yell at me for teasing her, I quickly hid in the bathroom and took my bath.

After what feels like an eternity for my mom, I finally met with her downstairs, all dressed up and ready to go. As I reached the living room where my mom was waiting, I met a familiar face. It was my Professor Leeteuk. He will be my teacher as well as my manager starting today.

“There she is! My soon-to-be princess! Come now or we shall be late. We have to film everything by today and just getting dressed up takes up a lot of time you know.” He urged me and my mom to get out of the house and before I knew it, we were on our way to the filming location.


We finally arrived at the shooting location. Everyone seemed so busy, preparing props and preparing the scene location for the shooting. Meanwhile, my mom, my manager and I were greeted by Sunny.

“So nice to see you all again!” She exclaimed before giving us air kisses. This woman is really, uh, someone to meet. “I have prepared one the best hairdressers and make-up artists in Korea. She has been 2NE1’s CL’s stylist for quite a long time but I was able to borrow her specifically for this shoot. We need to make you look fabulous, darling and she is the best person I know that can do it. She’s waiting for you inside your dressing room. Head over there while I give your mom and Leeteuk a tour of the set.”

Following as instructed, I excused myself from their company and headed to the room that she pointed at earlier. Inside was any girl’s dream. Different kinds of dresses were arranged by color in huge racks. Shoes were laid on the floor, neatly arranged. All kinds of make-up were neatly displayed on a huge table. While I was lost in thought, my eyes looking around the room, a voice broke in to my thoughts.

“Hello there. You must be Seulgi. I’m Pony and I shall be your stylist for today’s shoot.” A pretty young woman appeared in front of me, greeting me with such a pleasant smile that I could not help myself and returned the smile.

“Ah, yes I am. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” I replied. I feel like a celebrity was in front of me. I was awestruck by her beauty and she seemed so nice. I really hope we can get along. She took my hand and led me to one of the make-up chairs.

“For today’s look, we won’t glam you up fully. Just maybe a natural look but still worthy enough to be a princess.” She then went over to the racks full of gowns, browsing through each one before picking out a beautiful pink and purple gown. “This will be for your first dress. We’ll be playing with pink and purple tones for your make-up then to match the gown. Black strappy heels should be perfect for this dress. And as for your hair, I think an up-do will work.” She said while scanning me from head to toe. And there I was, blankly staring at her, unable to process what she had just said.  A soft giggled escaped from her lips as she handed the dress to one of her assistants. “Don’t worry Seulgi. Just leave it up to me. So if I may..” Her hand reached for my glasses and carefully placed it aside. “You won’t be needing this for now.” And so, my transformation begins.


While Pony was busy doing my make-up, someone was doing my nails. I couldn’t see what they were doing to me because I was legally blind without my glasses. I wonder how am I able to do the shoot when I can’t see anything without them? As if on cue, a knock on the door was heard and Professor Leeteuk came in.

“Seulgi! I just got here from your eye doctor and he was able to give me your contact lenses. These are to be used during the shoots only and not for anything else. We have got to keep your identity protected, okay?” I heard him lay the contacts on the table before Pony interrupted him.

“I don’t care who you are but this is a girls only zone. Now get out before I smack that pretty little head of yours!” She exclaimed. I heard the door opening and my professor pleading for mercy. I think it might be best not to get on Pony’s bad side.

“I’m sorry for that, dear. I specifically told Sunny that boys are not allowed in my work area when I’m dressing up someone. That really caught me off-guard.” Pony calmly explained as soon as she took some quick deep breaths. “It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.” I said while letting out a giggle. I have to admit, I love Pony’s work ethic, protecting her clients’ privacy like that. “It was for my sake anyway, right?”

“Of course! We wouldn’t want anyone getting a glimpse of your innocence after all.” She laughed along with me before resuming her work.

After a few more minutes, I was already getting nervous of how I look. “Is it almost done?” I asked, nervously. I can feel myself shaking as I can barely see myself. I can only make out a figure but everything’s all blurry to me.

“Not yet. Your hair is almost done and we’re just doing a few more final details.” I heard her heels clacking as she approached one of the tables and finally coming back to me after taking what I assume is a hair piece as she pinned the thing on hair. A few more pinning down of the strands of my hair that was poking out and I was done.

“Okay. You’re good to go.” Pony said while handing me my contacts. “Do you need help putting them on?” I gave her a quick nod and handed them to her as I have no idea how to put them on. “What a cutie.” I heard her murmur before helping me out.

As soon as I got my contacts on and I was finally able to see, I was completely awestruck. I cannot recognize who the person in front of the mirror. My hair is looking absolutely amazing in a romantic up do with a bohemian flower crown to compliment it. My make-up is flawless, it looked sweet and simple, perfect for the role. My contacts also made a huge impact on how I look. I have always seen myself with glasses and never without them. I did not know how a few of this and that could turn me into a princess.

“Pony you are amazing! I look absolutely stunning! I can’t believe this is actually me!” I said, exclaiming to her before approaching her to give her a huge hug. “I can’t thank you enough. I feel like I’m living in a fairytale!”

“Thank me later when you get dressed.” She said with a chuckle while handing me the gown she was holding earlier. “Put on these shoes as well.” She ordered her assistant to give me a pair of black strappy heels and then there I was, off to get changed.


There I was stepping out of the room, completely transformed. Hair, check. Make-up, check. Outfit, check. I was ready to be the princess for the music video. As soon I stepped out of the dressing room, my mom, Sunny and Professor Leeteuk were waiting for me outside, comepletely awestruck by my transformation. 

"I'm actually dreaming, aren't I?" I asked them. Even I can't believe how I much I transformed. 

"Honey you look amazing!" My mom quickly ran towards me and gave me a tight hug. "I can't believe this! If your father saw this, I know he would be coming right over here and try to lock you up and never let you go!" She said with a chuckle. "Goodness, you're all grown up and I didn't even realize it." My mom started to tear up a bit as I gave her a comforting hug. 

"I'm still your little girl, mom. Just in really nice clothes." 

While my mom and I were having a moment, I can hear Sunny and Leeteuk talking about me. 

"I can't believe this is the little girl that I used to teach how to do algebra."

"She's definitely a perfect match for the boys! I'm so excited for the filming!"

My mom fished out her phone from her purse and started taking photos of me to send to my father, which made me blush since I really am not used to have my photos taken. 

"Darling, you need to get used to the camera. I'm sure it'll love you!" Sunny commented as she saw me trying to shy away from the camera. 

With her words of encouragement, I gave it a go and started posing for my mom, embarrassed as I do so. As we continued the photo session, Sunny suddenly clasped her hands together, interupting our little photoshoot. "Please make sure those photos are not to be leaked anywhere, Ma'am. We wouldn't want anyone knowing our little secret." Sunny gave mom a playful wink while she then urged the both of us towards the set. "Go ahead and speak with the director. His name is Kim Heechul. He'll be guiding you throughout the whole shoot. He's a nice guy. He has worked with so many stars and has ever been so patient with them. So you don't have to worry about messing anything up." She pointed to the guy behind the monitor beside the camera, probably studying the angles. 

I approached the director and gave him my best smile. "Hello there. I'm Seulgi. It's a huge honor to be working with you." 

"Ah, yes. Romeo's lucky princess. I've heard all about you. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Kim Heechul, your director for this mv shooting. And who's the fine lady beside you?"

"That's my mother, Jessica. She'll be watching over me on my first day. I hope that wouldn't be a problem, sir." I said with a smile with my mom giving the director a friendly wave. 

"That's perfectly fine! She can even stay here behind camera to get the best view." He then turned to my mom. "It's a pleasure to be working with your daughter and a pleasure to meet you, Jessica. I hope we can all get along."

"Yes. Please take care of my daughter. It's her first time doing something so flashy and it's definitely out of her comfort  zone. Please guide her well."

Heechul gave a nod motioned me to come forward so he can put a hand on my shoulder. "While we are waiting for the guys to come, we shall have you shoot your solo scenes. Okay so let me first play the song's intro." Heechul started to tap on the laptop nearby and after a few more taps, a lovely melody started playing. After I heard the word "Romeo" during the intro, Heechul stopped the song and started speaking. "During those twelve seconds, we shall be filming you, asleep in bed full of rose petals after the 12 second mark, you'll open your eyes once you hear them whisper, "Romeo". That sounds simple enough doesn't it?"

Simple enough, yes. If I mess up as something as simple as this, I don't know what I'll do. "Yes. That seems simple enough for me to do. When do we start filming?"

"Now."

I heard Sunny spoke from behind before pushing me towards the set. There in the center was a pink princess bed covered in rose petals. It seems so magical like from sleeping beauty. It was beyond pretty. It's absolutely gorgeous in fact. "So I'll just lay down here?" I asked while patting the bed gently. 

Heechul gave me an ok sign which made me climb on the bed and laid there, quite still if I were to be honest. Set managers and my stylist, Pony was there. Pony was fixing my gown while I lay in bed while the set managers were pouring more rose petals all over me. 

"Okay now, it's time for you to close your eyes. We'll be playing the music from here so once you hear the go-word, open your eyes. We'll do one practice shot and then another which will be the one that will be used for the video. It's an easy scene so one take should be enough."

"Okay got it director-nim!" I closed my eyes and waited for my cue to open them. The song started playing. I focused and started counting down to 12 before opening my eyes. 

"12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7." I counted inside my head. 

"6, 5, 4, 3, 2-"

"Romeo!" I opened my eyes as soon as I heard them say it and stayed still, staring at the camera.

"That was perfect, my darling! Do it just like that and we're good to go." Heechul exclaimed from behind the monitor. I looked over and saw my mom giddy. She was smiling so much that I thought her lips might fall out. That's just so cute of her.

"We'll be starting again." As soon as Heechul said that, I got back to my position once more and closed my eyes.

"Positions everyone. Scene 1, Take 1 starting in 3, 2, 1. Action!"
 


The first scene went off without a hitch. I did a couple more scenes like I was in the garden looking at roses, by the window looking at sky and on my throne room. I got praises from Sunny, Leeteuk and Heechul. Other people seemed to impressed by my acting as well. I feel relieved. To be doing this for the first time without any training whatsoever, I'm doing a pretty darn good job. Now, only the scene with the boys are left. 

It was almost lunch time when Sunny knocked on my dressing room, saying it was time to film. Pony gave me a few touch-ups and fixed my hair before letting me out the door. An unfamilliar someone's back was facing me when I opened the door and once he turned around, I was in utter shock. He was so much more handsome in real life! It was Oh Sehun. Sehun was wearing a prince's outfit similar to Cinderella's prince charming along with a cape. I managed to gave him a smile and a small wave before forcing out an introduction out of myself.

"Hello. My name is Seulgi. It's a pleasure to be working with you." He took my hand and gave the back of it a light peck. I felt myself blush.

"I'm ROMEO's Sehun. It's nice to finally meet our Juliette. Kai will come in a little later. He's just running late like always. Shall we?" Not letting go of my hand, he lead me towards the throne room set where everyone, including my mom, was waiting.

"It's so nice to see you in person, Sehun. I'm Jessica, Seulgi's mom. I've been such a huge fan! Would you mind taking a selfie with me?" Sehun gave my mom a smile along with a nod and posed with her for a couple of selfies.

While they were busy taking photos, Heechul explained the scene to me. "You just have to sit there, looking pretty while listening to Sehun profess his intent for you to become his princess. The lyrics go as:

Please to meet you, Milady
I'm from the west country
I've come to meet you in the name of love
I know it's a sudden request,
But I beg you to not be surprised
Won't you please,
Become my princess?

Sehun will barge right into your throne room, your guards threatening him to back away from you but he didn't care and approached you. You will signal your guards to lower down their weapons. You will have to act surprised and moved as he does so. It'll be tougher to act with others so please do your best!" Heechul smiled at me before giving me a pat on the back and told me to take my seat.

Sehun gave my mom a polite bow before assuming his position behind the doors. Heechul started counting down. "3, 2, 1, Action!"

As soon as the first verse started, Sehun barged into the throne room. The guards assumed position and directed their weapons towards him. Unfazed, he confidently made his way towards me. My heart skipped a beat as he looked dashing in his outfit while he walked. Not forgetting the scene, I waved my hand, signaling the guards to lower their weapons. Just before the verse ended, when he was finally telling me that he wants me to be his princess, he cupped my face, his thumb against my lower lip while mouthing the lyrics. He gave me the most charming smile ever. His smile made me melt, it made me blush and completely flustered. Before I could even react to what just happened, Heechul shouted.

"Cut! We got it! Good job everyone. Nicely done for doing it all in one take." 

Sehun smiled at me. I feel like he was surpressing his laughter as he looked at me. I can't help but bit my lower lip and retrieved my hand, shying away from him. He just looked at me and said "You look more adorable in person, you know." He grinned at me and walked towards the monitor, checking the scene we just filmed.

"H-He just said I was adorable!" I exclaimed inside my head. My heart was pounding. Still in the chair, I placed a hand towards my heart, trying to calm it down. I took a deep breath before joining the others towards the monitoring area. 

"Ah, Seulgi. The next scene will be the chorus part. I hope you know a bit of dancing. You'll be seen waltzing around the ballroom with Sehun. You'll be in his arms in the empty ballroom, enjoying his company. All you would have to do is follow his lead." 

"Do you know how to dance? I could teach you a couple of things before we get started if you like or I could just lead you." Sehun offered before taking my hand once more and leading me towards the ballroom set. 

"I actually don't know anything about ballroom dancing or being elegant of the sort nor am I a quick learner. Do you mind if I just let you lead me instead?" 

Without another word, Sehun took his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. I can feel my cheeks reddening as he held me close. I can smell his scent and it was so very alluring. He took my hand in his and raised it up, just a bit above my shoulder. 

"Just follow my lead." He said before looking over at the music production. "Could you play any song we could waltz to?"

He gave me another one of his charming smiles. "Just take a deep breath and count 1, 2, 3, 4." As soon as the song started playing, he guided me along through the music, leading me all throughout the dance. The moment felt magical. I never attended any formal dances in school but I guess this is why girls are always excited to go to them. At that moment, I truly felt like a princess. 

His eyes were gazing over mine, making me feel flustered than ever and as he leaned on towards me, probably to whisper something, I heard Heechul from the background. 

"Did anybody get that? That was purely magical! It's like we didn't exist. Please tell me someone got that on camera."

One of the camera crew gave him a thumbs up and the director let out a sigh of relief. "Okay great! We don't have to film the ballroom scene anymore. That practice felt more real and natural. You guys seemed to have a really good chemistry. Hopefully things will be the same with Kai once he comes here."

I don't think I can handle filming with another guy but hey, i'm getting paid so I better do well. 

"You were a complete natural. You were able to follow along without tripping." Sehun's voice interupted my thoughts as he finally let go of his hold of me. I gave out a mere nod and smiled timidly at him. "It was because you were leading me well that I was able to keep up. Thank you so much." He gave me a polite smile before excusing himself to go fetch himself a bottle of water. I took this opportunity to ask the director if I had anymore scenes that I had to film with Sehun. 

I approached Heechul who was talking with my mom. The most peculiar scene was right in front of my eyes. My mom is blushing while talking to the director! Does my mom like the director? I don't know. I cleared my throat, interupting their little chatter. "Uhm, so director? What else would I be filming with Sehun."

"All the scenes with Sehun are almost done. Only the pre-chorus is left. It goes 'On your lonesome lonely red lips, I'll be casting a tender spell of magic.' The first part is sang by Sehun so we shall be filming that first. Sehun will pretend to kiss you, gently cupping your cheek and his thumb caressing your lower lip. All you have to do is stay still or even be flustered."

I wasn't able to react to that. Never did I imagine that I would actually film something like this. I thought it would just be like another music video with very minimal appearances but this is very heavy on its story. My heart is racing so fast at the thought of almost kissing someone like Sehun. If anyone finds out what I am doing today, surely, I will be killed by every possible way by every single rabid fangirl. 

Heechul finally round us up for my last scene with Sehun. We were back in the ballroom and I was standing right there in front of him. I think I was already blushing madly. Sehun noticed this and gave me a quick pat on the shoulder. "Just relax. I promise you, our lips won't actually touch. Just make sure to keep your eyes open okay?"

"And action!" Heechul exclaimed, once we were ready. The song came from the second verse and as we were waiting for the pre-chorus, Sehun put his two fingers on my lips. On cue, he started mouthing the words of the lyrics, cupping my cheek as he does so, looking deeply into my eyes and leaning towards me for a kiss. Heat definitely rised up towards my cheeks and what felt like eternity, Heechul finally called cut. It was a another clean take. 

"You sure have talent, Seulgi." Sehun took his hand away from my cheek and patted my head gently. "Want to go grab a snack while we wait for Kai? He'll be here soon." I gave him shy smile and nodded as we headed towards his dressing room. 

Little did I know that this chat over snacks would change my life more than it had already has. 


[ Author's Notes ]

Kinda rushed but it was so long overdue that I needed to update while I had the time. I hope you guys still enjoy this chapter. The inspiration to the story and the music video will all be revealed on the next chapter so please keep supporting me by giving this story an upvote and subscribe!