Replay: Choi Minho

Bling Bling Angel: A Diary of Letters to SHINee and Jong

To our very strong Flaming Charisma,

Thanks. 

Would you ask me why? Why of all words, I chose to thank you? 

First, let me say something.

One, on Jong's funeral, you were meeting with colleagues, SM co-artists, friends, family members, strangers, fans, or just about anyone that extended their hands and hugs for condolences. If I were to stand in your shoes, I couldn't have faced all of these people without crying, breaking down, or in hysterics. Yet, I saw you, in videos, how you entertain the people coming in and out, when I know you are a grieving man who needs his space and time of his own. You must have already cried like the rest of the boys, nonetheless, you were so strong putting up a smile as you send them sympathy-givers outside the hall. 

It was hard especially when the tragedy happened in just a span of a day, but you stood steady in your feet and ready to perform duties as Jong's family in his last days. I thought you knew too, that Leader was still unstable and it is up to you to do things for everyone. Key is not in his element and so is Taemin. I admired you more for that resilience because it showed how much you cared for your members and Jong's family. 

Two, on the last day to send him off, it seems like you want to cry but trying hard not to. I cannot imagine the pain that must have resided in your heart when its time to send off Jjong to his last stop. You hold on tightly to Sodam noona but I can see that you're more ready to just break right there and then. And when you rode on the car and was handed Jonghyun's framed photo, we saw how much you're caressing it. I don't know what's in your mind but I realized that maybe you missed him already. 

So, thank you. For staying sturdy when everyone wasn't. It isn't your charisma that's flaming, I think your heart does, too. And when you wrote that letter confirming that you are going to continue the tour, I was both elated and sad at the same time. Elated because you are slowly moving on from the pain. It is not easy to do so, but I really prayed and wished in my heart that you'll be able to find your own soul and strength after this sad event in your lives. But I became really sad, knowing that though you will never forget Jonghyun, performing without him would not be the same, but I promised you, I will not forget Jjong. I will never forget your display of strength and I hope I can be the person you are for that. 

Thank you Minhossi. I know they always say, the naysayers and the critics and the haters, that you contribute nothing to SHINee. But I want to prove them wrong. Because without Minho, SHINee isn't SHINee. Minho is and will always be 1/5 of SHINee, a guiding pillar that we look up to. I love your honey voice, I love your rap, and you extremely improved in many ways I could count. I just want you to stay the same as when you were before: humble and down-to-earth in every single aspect. You are one of the five lights that makes up the beautiful world of pearlescent aqua blue. Therefore, I hope you would also remember that you are loved and cherished. I hope you will reach out your hands for this time, we will always be ready to take it when you need them.

Please, always stay healthy. FIGHTING!