one

almost

It’s been 3 days, she never really want to talk with me.

She just woke up after 6 months coma and I just a stranger in her eyes

“Hi jess, tomorrow your parents will be come around 4 pm.” Only awkward smile I get.

 

  •  

I just staring blankly at mess stuff on the floor. Right before her parents come, she tried to walk but failed. She didn’t want look weak in front her parents, she refuse everything from me. 

Standing and keep silent on corner room, tried hard not to notice.

“Mom, doctor said I can go home next week.” She hold her mom’s hand with lovely smile in her face.

“Great, I will hold a big party for you.”

“But I can’t stand with my own leg, it will be hard for you to take care of me.”

“It’s okay, next week we will go to US for better treatment. Nothing wrong with your leg honey, you just sleep for a long time. Next month you will be able to walk again.”

 

“They tried to separate me and Jessica, again.” Only that’s word in my head while Jessica talk with her mother.

 

“No…” I tried not to raise my voice, I can’t hold this anymore.

“You will go home with me not your parents, I now you love them. But I need you and your memory need me.”

“Taeyeon…” her voice so small.

“I promise will treat you better.....”

“I’m sorry but here she is. Where are you 6 months ago? Why did you let her drive that night?” I can see her anger in her face.

“I know it’s my fault let her drive that night, but I swear I’m not lying….”

“Stop it, you will blame Yuri again right?” finally she raise her voice.

“Can both of you stop, my head hurts.”

 

While her mom hold her and keep telling how she’s sorry can’t do anything.

 

I‘m just standing, I can’t move my body and I only staring my own leg.

I can’t, its hurts. 3 days ago she can’t remember who am I and now her mom, .

Not only my heart, my body my head. Its feel like a thousand ants walk over my hand.

 

“Let’s sit outside with me.” her dad tap my shoulder then I followed him.

 

  •  

“I’m sorry about my wife, you know she love Jessica.”

 

Cold atmosphere.

More than 10 minutes. No other word between me and her father.

Nurse, doctor and family of patients just passed.

But I still can’t feel anything except hurts all my body.

 

“How about your work, Taeyeon? 6 months you never leave Jessica side.”

He tried break the silent.

“I work from here. I just need laptop and paper for work. I can do wherever I want.”

“Still freelance?”

“You can say that. They come to me, they need me.” Honestly I already sign with a big music company before graduate from university.

 

Her dad is a famous lawyer and her mom just a housewife, who only know how to spend her husband’s money.

Her parents never like me because my job. They always think that only used Jessica for money.

I’m sorry what?

I’m designer and illustrator. But sometimes I can be photographer and director too.

I learn everything. I graduate from Arts and Digital Media major.

They always think that I’m jobless because I rarely go to office and doesn’t have suit.

They just don’t understand even I already explain everything and I never really like talk about money. It’s just between me and Jessica.

Both of us happy and that’s enough.

They just old school minded.

 

  •  

Her parents already leave.

Jessica hold my hand, for the first time. “Taeyeon I think I will home with my parents next week.”

I just closed my eyes then I heard her voice. “Taeyeon…”

“Can we talk about this tomorrow, I’m tired.”

“My mom said she will stay here from tomorrow and you can go home.”

“No, she can’t. Let my hand go, I’m tired.”

 

Try to hide under blanket and just hope everything happen today just dream. To hurt to be real.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  •  

 

 

 

 

 

After 6 months finally I can see your beautiful eyes again.

 

“How your long sleep? Do you miss me?” I tried to talk with her, she looks so confused.

“Where am I and where is my parents?” her voice panic.

“Hospital, I already call you parents but still no answer.”

“And who are you? Why did you hold my hand? Do I know you?”

“Are you serious, Jess?” my expression change.

“Yes.” She tried to let my hand go.

“What’s the last thing you remember, name activity or anythings.”

“Why should I…”

“Just answer my question.”

“My name Jessica, Jung Jessica. Krystal is my younger sister. I’m in second year university, Law major. I have fiancé, his name is Yuri.”

 

Its feel like someone just shot my heart. I can’t feel my legs and I kneel down.

I just staring sadly at her.

 

What should I do?

What is this?

Why?

Doctor said she’s fine.

 

Finally I can stand again.

I take off ring on her finger and put on her palm ask her to read what written inside the ring then I take off mine too.

“Taeyeon and yours Jessica.”

I waited until she looked my eyes.

“I’m Taeyeon and I’m your husband. We have been married since 3 years ago. You’re a fashion designer and you graduate from arts major not law. You already break up with Yuri 5 years ago and you leave your Law major also 5 years ago.”

 

“Liar….” She said that word with cold ice in her eyes.

 

I just smiled bitter then leave her alone.