003

Broken Faith

 

Daehyun continues staring blankly at his laptop, completely forgoting what works that need to be done after his first meeting with Youngjae. Daehyun couldn’t tell whether he was happy to meet Youngjae again or feels sorry about what happened between them. His mind is full of questions about Youngjae.

A knock on his office door brings Daehyun into the real life. He hums a low ‘coming’ and pretending to read the documents on his desk as the person behind the door, slightly shows his face.

“Mr Jung.” Youngjae’s voice successfully pulls Daehyun to look up from the documents.

“It’s already 5 o’clock. Is there anything left to do before I’m going back home?”

Daehyun furrows his brows and glances at his gold watch. He didn’t know he was spacing out for that long to notice it is already end of office hour.

“N-no, it’s okay. You can go home.” Daehyun replies, slowly thinking another words to say. Youngjae silently watch him and nods at his words. He didn’t bother to reply, closing the door almost too quickly.

Youngjae makes sure that he got all his things and walks to the elevator. It was only his first day at work but he already missing the twins. He hopes that both twins didn’t bother Himchan too much.

Before he can press the lift button, someone has beats him first. He spins his head to the right and only to be greeted with Daehyun’s face. Daehyun scratches the back of his neck and choose to gaze up as the lift moves up to their floor level. Youngjae rolls his eyes and choose to ignore the CEO’s presence behind him.

Both of them silently goes inside the elevator. Daehyun contemplate whether he should say something to loose the awkward atmosphere or remain silent. He knows very well that one mistake can ruin him and make it more harder to get close with Youngjae again. The younger already dislike him anyway.

As the elevator reaches the ground floor, Youngjae walks out as fast as he can to catch the taxi in front of the building but Daehyun grabs his wrist in surprise.

“What are you doing right now?” Youngjae scowls, pulling his hand out of Daehyun’s grip.

“S-sorry. How do you get home?” Daehyun asks concernly.

“Why? It has nothing to do with you.” Youngjae continue his walk with Daehyun following behind him.

“I... W-wait, Youngjae.”

Youngjae come to a halt suddenly, making Daehyun almost bump into him if he does not have a good reflex. The younger sighs and turns around to face the CEO.

“I’m going home by a taxi and don’t ever try to follow me. Mark my word or else, I’ll quit.” Youngjae warns him sternly.

Daehyun gulps his saliva, putting up his hands above, intimidated with Youngjae’s warning. He is already feeling great as he able to see the younger now and onward, so he can’t afford to lose him anymore.

“I got it. I won’t do anything but let me send you home, okay? It’s dangerous for you-”

“No, I’m fine.” Youngjae refuses coldly. He walks out of the building and grabs the taxi quickly. Daehyun sighs in disappointment, unable to call the younger’s name and just watches the taxi left the building.

 

>>><<<

 

“Mommy!” As soon as Youngjae enters the apartment, the twins readily run to greet him and hug his knees happily.

“Oh my boys.” Youngjae scoops the twins and balance them in his arm, showering each of them with small kisses.

“Jaejae miss mommy a lot.”

“Hyunie too!” Jaehyun shouts happily.

“Oh really? Mommy too. Mommy can’t stop thinking you two. Do you guys behave well while mommy’s not around?”

“Yes!” Both twins answers diligently.

Then, they begin to talk about their day today. Himchan who is busy cooking their dinner at the kitchen, smiles seeing their cute act.

“Now Jaehyun go play with Jaehwa in the room, okay? Mommy wants to help uncle to prepare dinner.”

“Okay mommy. Jaejae, let’s go.” Jaehyun being a big brother, leads the younger to the room. Youngjae smiles motherly seeing the twins get along very well.

“Are the boys bother you so much today, hyung?” He changes his attention to Himchan and walks closer to him.

“Not at all. It’s like you listen their story just now.”

“Ah, really? It is relief to hear that.”

“Don’t worry. They are a good boy. What about you? How’s your first day at work?” Himchan asks, his hand continuously stirring the stew while paying attention to Youngjae.

Daehyun’s face resurface on his memory as Youngjae sighs tiredly. He goes to take out the plates and arranges it on the table.

“What’s with the sigh huh?”

“It’s okay for now... I think.”

“Why? Did something happen to you?” Himchan averts his eyes from the stew to look at Youngjae.

“Well... just.”

“What... what is it? I’m curious.” Himchan urges.

“Hyung, I... met that person.”

“That person? Who?” Himchan was confused.

“You know it hyung. The... one who turns my life like this.” Youngjae hesitates as he look down, avoiding Himchan’s surprise eyes on him.

“W-what? Where? How?”

“At my workplace. He is my boss.” Youngjae told him. Himchan is totally speechless and bewildered with Youngjae.

“Then what about you? Are you okay with it?” Himchan asks carefully.

He worries that the younger’s wounded heart will be opened again. He did not know the guy who broke Youngjae’s heart in the past. The first time Himchan met Youngjae was when the younger moves in the apartment beside him in US, and heavily pregnant with twins. He and Yongguk were feeling pity with him because Youngjae was only nineteen and had to go through the pregnancy all alone. So they naturally became friends after that.

“I guess I’m okay with it. I can’t quit the job because of him, right? The pay is good enough to support me and twins.” Youngjae assures himself unsurely.

He didn’t know if his heart is ready for what happen next and onward. But truly he cannot afford to quit the job when he is in need of money. The twins have to go school soon. Yongguk and Himchan had already helping him a lot since the day they first met. So he didn’t want to become their burden anymore.

“I can’t make a decision for you. You think what the best for you and twins. But don’t force yourself, okay? If it is hard, then you just quit. I have a lot of friends, you know. I can help you no matter what.” Himchan insists.

“Thank you hyung. Hyung seriously is the best. Anyways, where is Yongguk hyung? I don’t see him around.” Youngjae changes the topic as he finally realizes the absence of Yongguk in the house.

“He’s usually going back late. You knows what is a doctor’s works if not in the hospital. It is always hectic. That’s why I’m telling you I feel glad because you were staying here with the kids. I won’t get bored.” Himchan laughs.

“Eyy... I can’t always stay here hyung. I don’t want to disturb your privacy with Yongguk hyung. How uncomfortable is it, right?” Youngjae gives a reason.

“It is not that uncomfortable but I can understand you. I will help you everything that I can including babysitting the twins. You don’t have to worry about the twins if you know what I mean.” Himchan says sincerely.

“I got it hyung. Hyung, seriously thank you for helping me all this time.” Youngjae give a backhug to Himchan as his heart touches with their help. He don’t think he can go through the hard time without them being beside him and the twins.

“Stop thanking me and sorry to cut this touching moment. Go have a shower now because you are smelly.” Himchan comments savagely.

“Aish hyung. How could you said that loudly?” Youngjae let go of the hug and stares at Himchan in disbelief.

“So what? Go, go, go!” Himchan push the younger outside the kitchen and persists to cook the dinner. He laughs softly when he hears Youngjae mumbles to himself about getting shower.

 

>>><<<

 

It was silent when Daehyun stepped into his own apartment as the sensor light flicked on at the front door. The CEO wanders to the living room and dumps his whole body on the couch exhaustedly. Daehyun shut his eyes and embracing himself in the darkness and cold night. Youngjae’s face suddenly went into his mind. He stares at the ceiling aimlessly and imagining the younger.

“You’re still beautiful as before. How am I not trapped in loving you?” Daehyun whispers lowly.

He wonders what Youngjae felt after their meeting. The younger’s reaction was so cold towards him. He acknowledged if Youngjae doesn’t look so please to meet with him. After what he had done to him, he could understand it. But still he... he miss Youngjae. A lot.

He let out a heavy sigh and get up into the sitting position. Daehyun groans when a sudden headache attacked him. He brings his hand, slowly messaging his forehead to ease it while leaning on the couch. Without him realize, he doze off to sleep.

 


P/S Author's note:

Hello guys! I know some readers are waiting an update for this story. Sorry for not updating in a while. FYI, I still want to continue writing DaeJae story but I'm not sure how often I will be updating since for me, writing is all about inspiration and enthusiasm. But I'll try :)