001

Broken Faith

 

“Everyone, please fasten your seatbelt as the plane will be landing soon.” The rough voice belongs to the head of steward was heard as he repeats his words in Korean language.

“Jaehyun, fasten your seatbelt.” Youngjae tells to the older of his twin son as he did the same to Jaehwa who was still asleep. Jaehyun follows obediently on his mother’s instruction.

“Have we arrived in Seoul, mommy?” Jaehyun asks in English.

“Yes, we did.”

“Really? Is it where Uncle Yongguk and Uncle Himchan staying?”

“Yes dear. They will going to take us as soon as we landed here.”

“Welcome to South Korea. Thank you for using our services. Please watch your step and do not leave your belongings inside the plane. Thank you.”

“Let’s go baby.” Youngjae put away the seatbelt around the twins and carefully carries the sleeping Jaehwa out of the seat.

Jaehyun was holding the hem of his long coat as Youngjae pushes their luggage while entering the automatic door of arrival section and begins to look around the large airport to find a certain person.

“Youngjae!” He turns at the sound of someone calling for his name and immediately forms a big smile.

“Uncle!!” Jaehyun runs towards the two handsome young men happily. Himchan crouches down to catch the 3 years old boy into his embrace.

“Kyaa… I miss you a lot. You’ve grown up so much, huh?”

“Jaehwa was sleeping?” Yongguk asks as he hugged Youngjae lightly who was holding the younger of the twins.

“Yeah. He was whining and crying when we got on the plane. It took me about an hour to calm him down before he falls asleep all the way here.” Youngjae sighs tiredly.

“I guess he was scared of plane.” Himchan comments.

“Now, what are we waiting for? Let’s get home and talk later.” Yongguk says as he helps Youngjae to bring the luggage to his car.

 

>>><<<

 

“Hyung, sorry for troubling both of you.” Youngjae says for umpteenth time since they arrived at Yongguk’s apartment. He felt sorry for staying at the couple’s sweet home but at the same time, he has no choice other than it for now. Himchan immediately offered it when Youngjae told him that he will going back to Korea a few weeks ago.

“Eyy, don’t say like that. It’s okay. Since Jaehyun and Jaehwa are here now, our apartment won’t be silence anymore.” Himchan simply brushes off his words.

“Thank you, hyung.”

“Don’t be. Ah, right! You said you got a job here right? When will you start working?”

“I will start this Monday. So I have two days to prepare myself.”

“What is the company’s name? And your position as?”

“If I’m not mistaken it was called YWF Corporation. I got position as a secretary.” Youngjae answers.

“YWF Corp.? That’s such a huge company and quite famous too in Seoul. Anyways, I’m happy that you got that job. Maybe you catch a handsome CEO there.” Himchan winks playfully.

“Ah hyung~ you know that I don’t have time for a relationship now. I want to focus more about the kids.”

“You know that I care about you, right? I just want you and the kids to be happy. I’m hoping you to get someone better than that jerk. You deserve a happiness and try to get it, huh?”

Youngjae wanted to reply but got cut by Jaehwa’s crying. He rushes to the bedroom and saw Jaehwa already sitting on the bed, wailing out his cry loudly.

“Mommy!”

He approaches his youngest son and quickly hushes him.

“Why are you crying?”

“Mommy’s not here.” Jaehwa clutches on Youngjae’s neck tightly. As if his life was depends on it.

His answers fluttered Youngjae’s heart as he chuckles lightly. Jaehwa always be like that when he woke up without his mother by his side. Youngjae always needs to pay more attention on him than Jaehyun. Jaehwa likes to cling on him and hard to separate. Meanwhile, the eldest of the twin completely opposite. Jaehyun likes to act as a big brother and being independent. He’s mature fast enough than any other kids around his age.

“Everything is okay, Youngjae? I heard Jaehwa’s crying from outside.” Yongguk enters the bedroom which now become Youngjae’s room and his kids, putting the luggage at the corner of the room.

“It’s fine, hyung. You know Jaehwa when I’m not around. He’s always clinging on me.” Youngjae brushes Jaehwa’s hair as the youngest already stopped from his crying. He stares at Yongguk wordlessly. At the same time, Jaehyun enters the bedroom while holding a robot in his hands.

“Oh? Jaejae is awake! Let’s play with hyung!” The older twin waves the robot happily. Jaehwa instantly loosen up his hands around Youngjae’s neck and followes his brother out of the bedroom. Yongguk ruffles Jaehwa’s hair when the youngest passes next to him. He glances at his wrist watch.

“I wanna go out to buy some grocery. Since you’re here, Himchan is going to make dinner tonight. Do you need anything?”

“What about I’ll go with you, hyung? I can unpack these things later.”

“Don’t you want to rest? You just came back to Korea though.” Yongguk frowns. Youngjae pulls out a long jacket from one of the luggage.

“No, it’s okay. I’ll fine. Let’s go, hyung.”

 

>>><<<

 

Daehyun was busy looking through paper by paper inside his office until a sudden knock was heard on his door. He didn’t bother to look up and muttered a loud ‘come in’ as a permission for the person outside to enter his room.

“What are you doing? Isn’t it past lunch time now?” Mrs Jung’s voice successfully making Daehyun to look over her.

“Oh, mom. I thought it was Jaebum. Why are you here?”

“I just want to see what my son are doing instead of having lunch. Your daddy said you are still in the office. So I come here.”

“Ah… I’m quite busy lately. I have to look these papers and signed it. You know, my secretary was quit few weeks ago and I can’t help but do it until we found a new secretary.” Daehyun replies while continues doing his works.

Mrs Jung sighs audibly and takes a seat in front of his son’s desk office.

“Don’t overwork yourself. It’s not good for your health, Daehyun.” She complains worriedly.

What kind of mother who doesn’t worry about their son? Especially when Daehyun started to change four years ago. From the biggest playboy who attracts many girl’s heart into somewhat a hardworking man who completely shut his life out of everyone.

“I’m fine, mom. Don’t worry. I knows my limit.” Daehyun offers a bit smile to his mother.

Mrs Jung shakes her head lightly, disagree with his son. Then she glances at a small frame beside the computer’s office and couldn’t help forms a thin lip.

“I wish to meet this great boy someday.” She says, referring to the smiling boy in the picture.

His mother’s words successfully attracts Daehyun’s attention from his works as he halts on signing a document. He stares on the document distantly before choosing not to respond his mother. She sighs again.

“Let’s go. I want to have a lunch with you.”

“I’m sorry, mom but-”

“I don’t take a no. And, your daddy said he already got you a new secretary. She might be comes to office tomorrow.”

“Already?”

“Yup. Now, let’s go. How rude you are to turn down your mommy?”

Daehyun laughs as he closes all the documents and took everything that he needed before walking towards his mother who was waiting at the door.

“Why are you dragging me?”

 

>>><<<

 

Mrs Jung walks into one of the restaurant near to his husband’s company, follows by Daehyun who trails behind her after locking his car. One of the waiters who was familiar with them, politely escorts them to the empty table. Daehyun pulls out the chair for his mother as Mrs Jung took a seat. He rounded the table to take a seat in front of her before suddenly a 3 years old little boy bumps on his legs. The kid fall on his bum and immediately let out a loud cry.

“Omo, are you hurt?” Daehyun crouches down to pick him up to stand on his feet. He hugs and pats lightly on the kid’s back to calm down the crying boy.

“What happened, Daehyun-ah?” Mrs Jung asks worriedly.

“He just bumped on me a bit.”

“Mommy…” The boy cries out for his mother.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Where is your mother?”

“Jaehwa!”

A too familiar voice was heard into Daehyun’s ear as he scoops the crying boy into his arms and standing up. He turns to look at the owner and suddenly he feels his surrounding becomes silent. The worry look was written on the kid’s mother as the mother walks towards Daehyun. His expression immediately changes to surprise when he notices the person in front of him as he steps slowly halted a few meter than Daehyun.

“Youngjae?”

“Daehyun.” He whispers loud enough for them to hear. Mrs Jung looks at both of them, confused with the situation. She saw her son seems too stunned with the man in front of him but soon recognized the man’s face. He looks different compared to the picture that she always saw on his son’s desk office.

“Mommy.” The crying boy was stretching his little hands towards Youngjae, asking to be taken into his mother’s embrace.

Youngjae immediately brokes the eye contact as he approaches Daehyun and took the kid who hugs his neck hurriedly. Jaehwa hides his face on Youngjae’s shoulder as he was scared of being held by strangers.

“Don’t cry. Mommy is here. It’s okay.” Youngjae persuades his youngest baby.

Daehyun frowns at those words as he stares confusedly. Mommy? Why the kid call Youngjae as mommy? And who is this kid? Daehyun has so many questions to ask but he didn’t know why his lip can’t form any words.

“Sorry for the inconvenience. I won’t let this happen again. Sorry.” Youngjae apologizes as he bows politely to Daehyun. He didn’t wait for the response and rushes to leave the restaurant.

Youngjae’s heartbeat was racing uncontrollably as he walks to Yongguk’s car in fast pace. He opens the car’s door and get into it.

“Hyung, let’s go now.” Youngjae urges. He hugged Jaehwa tightly as the youngest finally calm down once he is in his mother’s arm.

“Huh? Why? Is something wrong, Youngjae?” Yongguk asks in concern.

“N-nothing. Just let’s go.”

Youngjae glances at the car’s side mirror and saw Daehyun runs out of the restaurant. His eyes were started b with tears but he holds it back. He continues to watch the other man until the restaurant disappeared out of his sight.

 


Friday, 4.45 PM, 180223.