Chapter 4

Words, Wars & Symphonies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok wakes up to find that he had cried himself to sleep last night. He feels pathetic. Here, he is crying himself to sleep when only in about 2 months he has to become the King. He needs to be much stronger than this.

Hoseok rises from his bed his feet touching the cold floor. Hoseok walks to the bathroom and takes a long hot shower. After that, he dresses in a simple white shirt and brown pants. The Royals are not always required to wear their uniforms but even then they are required to wear something plain and simple because they take pride in simplicity and not flaunting their grand wealth in front of everyone though it was quite ironic that Hoseok’s plain clothes could fund a family’s grocery bills for a month.

Hoseok brushes through his black hair making it lie flat on his forehead. The hair should be simple too nothing too fashionable could possibly qualify.

Once, done Hoseok heads downstairs only to see everyone is sat around the dining table and breakfast is being served.

“Prince Hoseok,” Jimin says his voice too sweet. “Why don’t you sit down?”

Hoseok only nods as he sits down and in a few seconds his plate is piled with too much food.

Hoseok takes a bite of his eggs all eyes on him as if watching him eat is some kind of phenomenon maybe because it was the first time they are all eating together after that dinner.

Hoseok looks up and everyone immediately goes back to their own plates.

For some time everyone is only eating and Hoseok is pleased with the pleasant silence.

“Prince Seokjin,”

It’s Taehyung.

Hoseok looks to see Prince Seokjin roll his eyes.

“Did you make us this breakfast...or is your special cooking only reserved for Prince Hoseok?” he asks.

Prince Jungkook stifles a giggle and Prince Yoongi rolls his eyes.

“I cook only for people who are worthy of it and you Prince Taehyung definitely aren’t...,” Prince Seokjin says.

“Fair enough,” Prince Taehyung shrugs.

“Would you two behave for once?” Prince Namjoon says.

“Oh, look who’s talking,” Prince Taehyung says. “Do we need to listen to you now Prince Joonie?”

“Shut it, Prince Taehyung,” Prince Yoongi says his voice annoyed.

“No one is talking to you,”

“Prince Hoseok would you like these peaches...,” Prince Jimin says holding a bowl of peaches.

“Enough,” Hoseok yells. “I’ve had enough”

Everyone is completely silent watching him including the servants. They all must be shocked because Hoseok rarely ever loses his cool especially not in front of everyone. His parents always told him that he must control his anger and he has always been like that but the bickering among the Princes really got to his last nerves.

“I am taking my leave,” Hoseok says coolly as he stands up and heads to his own room making a mental note to himself to never be present when all the Princes gather together because he doesn’t want to be a part of their testosterone-fuelled arguments to put each other down.

Hoseok closes the door behind him and grabs a book and sits by the window sill reading it.

It’s one of the few spots in the entire castle that Hoseok loves because it gives him a perfect view of the outside world. He can see the workers on the grounds cutting grass, watering the flowers, laughing talking. It seems like his only connection the real world.

Hoseok would love to just watch them or maybe even join them in taking care of his mother’s favorite crysthanamums but everyone feels so intimidated by his presence that it is almost impossible to even hold a simple conversation with anyone without the other party constantly worrying about offending Hoseok.

Hoseok was lonely as ever as a kid because of this. He only had his mother and father and both of them were always busy with the kingdom leaving Hoseok alone with the many servants and they fully attended Hoseok’s needs but they couldn’t ever give Hoseok was, a companion a friend someone he could play marbles or skip ropes with like the other kids his age would. Hoseok would see them when sometimes his parents would take him to visit the kingdom.

Hoseok found solace and comfort in the form of books. He went through hordes of them in a mere month. They provided him the companionship in the form of words that he so desperately craved.

All the Princes Hoseok suspects must have lived somewhat similar lives like him maybe they found a friend in a sibling. Hoseok was almost hoping that he would find some common ground with each of them but he had grossly misunderstood all of them. They want nothing more than to talk down each other like Hoseok would choose the rudest one among the bunch. Do they think that low of him? That he would be appeased by their mindless fighting or is Hoseok too proud and too dismissive of the efforts the Princes are putting into winning his heart?

Hoseok’s mind is a mess of thoughts. He doesn’t know what to do. Ever since he came back to the kingdom his days are a hazy mess. There is nothing to do except for books to read and sometimes even that can get boring.

Hoseok decides he needs to take a walk to feel a bit better even though he would have two guards trailing behind it’s worth it.

He opens the door and steps out of the room. The lobby is devoid of anyone. Hoseok walks towards the stairs when he hears slow soft music playing.

It’s coming from the room right on the end of the floor. Curious, Hoseok walks towards it and sees the door is open just a bit. Hoseok looks in to see Prince Jimin.

Prince Jimin is dancing each part of his body moving with the music in a graceful way that Hoseok cannot possibly explain but he is fascinated and finds himself fixed on the stop just watching Prince Jimin’s body move along with the music.

Suddenly, Prince Jimin looks to the direction of the door and Hoseok moves away but it’s too late and the door flies open.

Hoseok’s heart starts beating fast. Now, he looks like some sort of creep watching Prince Jimin dance but instead Prince Jimin just smiles.

“Prince Hoseok,” he says.

“Prince Jimin,”

“Nice seeing you here,”

“Ah um me too,” Hoseok says hesitantly looking down.

“I am sorry...for what happened at breakfast,” Prince Jimin begins. “We should keep our behavior more in check...”

“Oh, it’s...fine, I mean...I think I could have handled it better,” Hoseok says.

“Oh no Prince you had every right to be angry,” Prince Jimin says.

Hoseok only nods.

“So, did you see me dancing?” Prince Jimin asks.

“I...uh...yes,” Hoseok confesses. “I didn’t mean to look...I just wanted to see who was playing music”

“You do not have to apologize...Prince Hoseok,” Prince Jimin smiles. “I understand your curiosity”

Hoseok nods.

“You’re a very excellent dancer Prince,” Hoseok says.

Prince Jimin gives him a wide smile.

“You think so?”

“Yes,”

“I’m glad...,” he smiles. “Dancing is my favorite thing in the entire world”

“I really liked dancing too...,” Hoseok trails off.

“Liked?” Prince Jimin questions.

“My father did not think the art of dancing would give me any benefit...in being a ruler...he discontinued my lessons when I turned 13,” Hoseok says his voice sounding glum. “I never danced before that”

“I’m very sorry to hear that...Prince Hoseok,”

“It...Does not matter,” Hoseok manages to smile.

“Why don’t you start dancing again?” Prince Jimin asks.

Hoseok looks at him as if he has gone crazy.

“What is stoppi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter