We Were In Love

Love Scenario

"Taerin~ wake up now, breakfast is ready!", I heard my mom called me just outside of my bedroom. I groaned in frustration, it's freaking Saturday! I sigh and reply her with a yes before standing up to wash my face and brush my teeth in my bathroom. I hummed to my favourite song while doing so. Then I step outside and stretch my body with a loud scream coming out of my mouth. Am I the only one who do that while stretching? I don't know but it feels good.

I greet everyone a good morning while closing my bedroom's door and sit down at the dining table where my mom sit at the opposite of me, my dad reading his newspaper as always beside my mom and my older brother who is sitting beside me, playing with his phone. "Hi Jiwon, what are you doing?" I tried to start a conversation with him. "Duuuh, obviously playing a game. What else?" I rolled my eyes after his response and decided not to continue the conversation. I'm so done with him.

"Jiwon, put your phone down. We're having breakfast right now" My mom said while putting the rice into a bowl for my dad. I started doing the same when Jiwon reply, "Wait, it almost end. I can't pause this game." I stare at him and was amused by his action, his eyes stick to the phone all the way. When he finally finish with the game, he stare back at me. "What's with that look? You never seen a guy playing games like this before?" Yes, I had.

I almost went back through my memories when I shook my head to shrug it off. 

We finally started eating our meal until we finished it all off. "That's so delicious" I said feeling satisfied that my stomach is full. Then I help my mom to wash the dishes while dad goes to work while Jiwon went back to his phone to continue his game. "I don't understand, what is so fun about the game he play in his phone." My mom said while shaking her head. "It is fun" I mumbled and my mom asked if I had said anything but I just shrug it off.

"Oh Taerin, can you help me with an errand? We're out of instant coffee. " My mom asked. "Of course, I was about to buy some things for myself too" I said which is true, I am craving for chocolate so much right now. I guess this is the right time to buy it. "Thank you. Here's the money, you can buy your own stuffs with the remaining" "Really? Thank you so much mom! I love you" I run to the front door, wear my comfortable jacket and shoes and went outside of the house.

The shop is just few metres away so I can just walk there anytime I want. I step inside the shop and start wondering around to find coffee for my mom first. After I found it, I go to the chocolate section to find my favourite chocolate. Just when I was about to turn to the section, I saw a guy and he looks familiar.

No, he looks very familiar.

Oh my god, why does it have to be at the time like this? I even wear ugly clothes right now. Sure the jacket cover almost all of it but still, I feel insecure. What should I do? Should I just give up on the chocolate? I can't do that, I'm really craving for choc at the moment. Before I decided on what to do, I heard someone call my name. That voice.

I turn around to see him. Jung Chanwoo, my ex-boyfriend. Suddenly a flashback of our past memories appear.

Flashback

We're holding hands while walking on the streets, enjoying the night view and also the time we spend with each other. Every single second I spend with him, it's so worth it. We just love each other, I can feel it by the way he's enjoying the moment too. We currently talking about our childhood, it's so random but we just love it that we get to talk with each other. The way he smile and laugh when he find my story funny, it's so charming.

"Taerin, I love you." He said out of nowhere and kiss the back of my hand that was holding his hand. He always do this and everytime he did it, he never fail to make me feel the butterflies. I feel the love he's giving and I can't help but to fall in love with him more. Suddenly he wrap his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. I feel his warmth in this cold night air and that gives me comfort.

Another day, we will just hang out in his house enjoying each other's company. That's when he teaches me that playing online games is so fun. I enjoy the feeling of his warm body press against mine when he comes closer to see my game and help me with some technique. That's when I learn that Chanwoo really enjoy playing games. Probably might even comes first in the list of things he loves.

But he told me that, I will always be his first. Even his favourite game is beaten by me because we just love each other too much. I feel sparks when he said that, his voice is so deep and gentle when he told me that and once again, I feel the love he's giving and I fall for him even more, if it's possible. With Chanwoo, I feel like anything is possible. That's how much he meant to me.

Everytime he hold my hands, the electricity that he gives throughout my body; I like that feeling.

Everytime he said I love you, the butterflies that I feel in my stomach; I like that feeling.

Everytime he called me with cute nicknames, how I just shrug it off but deep inside I actually like it; I like that feeling.

Everytime our lips met, the kiss that we share that almost send me to heaven; I really like that feeling.

But all of that stops when one day, he told me that he started to lose the feelings. The feeling of love towards me. My world crash down but I already expected it anyway. The way he acted for the past few weeks towards me. There's no random 'I love youanymore. We rarely hold hands, let's just forget about the kiss. I too don't feel it anymore.

We got bored of each other.

I just never imagined that, when he really said the word 'breakup'. That he really said that.

Though I can also feel the sadness in his eyes, how hard it is for him when he tried to say the word, it still hurts that when it just feel like yesterday that the relationship is perfect. Suddenly it is broken just like that.

How can that feelings fade away?

I don't know either.

What I know now is that we loved each other and that's enough.

End of Flashback

"Taerin, long time no see" He smiled awkwardly. If you know this is going to be awkward, why did you talk to me? "Oh, hi Chanwoo. It's nice to see you again.... W-What are you doing here?" I curse myself for stuttering. "I just come to visit my parents since I have holiday right now" He replied and then we went silent. Suddenly he start talking again, "Do you want to... hang out sometimes?" he mumbled the last few words as he saw me shaking my head.

"We probably shouldn't. Haha" I end it awkwardly with an awkward laugh. My social skill . "Y-Yeah, I'm sorry for asking that" "No, it's okay. I... have to go now. It is really nice meeting you again Chanwoo" I smile at him at which he reply back with a smile too. Then I went outside of the store and sigh.

I handle that situation really well, let's give a round of applause. 

Though I miss being with you, Jung Chanwoo, we have to let go of the past now right?

Since I loved you and I was loved, so that's good enough for us