Going Green

Transcendence

Prompt by situationoverload on AO3

”Can you do one where either of them is jealous?”

——————————————————————————————————

It wasn’t Bobby’s fault he was so lovable, Hanbin knew that. It also wasn’t his fault that he was so dense.

Hanbin watched his boyfriend get swarmed by a group of his admirers, having been shoved to the side by them. 

They just entered the school and Hanbin had completely forgotten what day it was – Valentine’s Day. The day where every girl or boy in this godforsaken building thought they could try to seduce Bobby, everyone’s sweetheart, away from him, said sweetheart’s childhood best friend.

Hanbin hissed under his breath, marching over to the crowd and slipping past them all to stand next to his flustered boyfriend. One sharp glare had them making a reluctant circle around them and Hanbin turned to Bobby, smiling sweetly.

“Let’s go to class, okay, Bob?” Bobby smiled back at him, tangling their fingers together as he guided them through the halls, calling out greetings to everyone they passed by.

They were stopped five more times by different people giving Bobby chocolates and Hanbin felt his irritation start to build up again.

This is going to be such a wonderful day, he thought to himself sarcastically.


-


In the last class of the day, his mood became worse and worse, a permanent scowl on Hanbin’s delicate features as he eyed the building bags of gifts sitting next to his boyfriend’s seat.

Someone nudged him in his side and he whipped around, starting to glare before it faltered at the sight of his good friend, Goo Junhoe.

“What’s up with you today?” He asked, looking unimpressed at Hanbin’s huff.

Hanbin gestured vaguely in Bobby’s direction and Junhoe’s eyes lit up in understanding before he waggled his eyebrows at Hanbin.

“Jealous?” He asked teasingly, barking out a laugh at Hanbin’s flush.

“Shut up, Junhoe!” Hanbin hissed, leaning towards his taller friend and smacking him on the arm.

He might have missed Bobby’s frown at the duo sitting so close to one another, but Junhoe didn’t.

Shooting a mean smirk at him, he ducked down to whisper into Hanbin’s ear, making sure Bobby could see his every move. “Hey, meet me at the back of the school when class ends, I’ve got something for you.”

He watched Bobby’s fists clench and snickered. Hanbin looked at him confused, but nodded anyways. “Okay, you weirdo,” he said fondly.


-


The bell rang and Hanbin was almost past Bobby’s desk when he felt a strong hand grab onto his wrist.

“Babe,” his boyfriend said, pulling him close, “where are you going?”

Hanbin looked down at him cluelessly, “Junhoe asked me to meet him at the back of the school.”

Bobby frowned, “But what about me?”

“Huh?” Hanbin asked, not understanding the problem. “You can walk home alone just one day, can’t you, Bob?”

Bobby pursed his lips, eyes looking stormy as he let go of Hanbin. “Fine,” he answered shortly, standing up abruptly and gathering all his things. “I’ll walk you to the back and then I’ll go home.”

He marched Hanbin out of the room and they walked in a tense silence, Hanbin confused and Bobby fuming.


-


Junhoe was waiting for him, sitting on a bench against the side of the building. He stood up when Hanbin entered the clearing and raised an eyebrow as Bobby came trailing after him.

Hanbin caught his look and reassured him, “Bobby was just walking me here.”

Turning to his boyfriend, he kissed him gently before pushing him away, “I’ll see you later, okay?”

Bobby looked extremely reluctant to leave, but he nodded, smiling tensely at Hanbin before sending Junhoe a cold glare and leaving.

Unbeknownst to them (or at least one of them), Bobby stopped as he rounded the corner, leaning against the brick wall and listening in on the duo.


-


“What did you want to give me, Junhoe?” Hanbin asked patiently before his eyes widened as Junhoe took a heart-shaped container from his backpack and handed it to him.

He took it with shaking hands and looked up at the taller boy. “What…?”

Junhoe gave him an amused look. “What do you think it is?”

“Um,” Hanbin said slowly, “It looks like something you should give a crush instead of a friend…?”

The taller of the duo snickered, “But you’re the one I’m giving it to.”

Hanbin squeaked, turning beet red. “I have a boyfriend,” he stuttered in response, looking away shyly.

“So?” Junhoe answered cooly, making Hanbin’s eyes snap back to his in shock, “From the way he so flippantly takes everyone’s confessions without caring about how you would feel, maybe it’s time for you to get a new one.”

Hanbin opened his mouth to reply to him, but before he could, Bobby stormed out from the corner, furious eyes locked on Junhoe.

“You little !” He snarled, trying to fly at him. Hanbin snapped to attention and threw his arms around Bobby’s body, holding him back.

Bobby immediately stilled, knowing he could easily get out of Hanbin’s grip but completely unwilling to harm him in any kind of way.

“I only took them because it was the polite thing to do, I would never hurt Hanbin like that!”

Junhoe only sneered at him, looking at Hanbin for his reply.

Hanbin slowly unwrapped his arms from his boyfriend and walked to Junhoe, stopping in front of him. “I’m sorry,” he said gently, handing Junhoe’s gift back to him, “but I can’t accept your confession. I love Bobby.”

Junhoe huffed, pushing the gift back. “It was worth a shot,” he answered back, ducking his head down to whisper into Hanbin’s ear. “Don’t get jealous anymore, okay? That idiot boyfriend of yours is willing to go to war for you.”

Hanbin jerked back in disbelief, finally realizing what Junhoe had done. He watched Junhoe snicker at him before walking away, throwing a casual wave at them. “Bye, you two. And keep an eye on Hanbin,” he called back, “or else someone might come along to gobble him up.”

Hanbin was snapped out of his daze when Bobby grabbed him by the arms, turning him around. “You know I don’t mean anything when I take the chocolates, right, babe?” He asked Hanbin frantically, anxiously looking into his eyes.

Giggling softly, Hanbin smiled at him, “I know that now, Bobby.”

“I’ll stop accepting them if you want me to, I swear.”

“But I like eating them,” Hanbin answered back teasingly, no longer jealous about the gifts. “Don’t worry, I know you’re mine and that I’m yours.”

Bobby grinned at him, “Don’t hang around Junhoe alone anymore, okay?”

Hanbin snorted, rolling his eyes fondly. “Don’t worry,” he repeated a second time, not promising anything.

Bin!” Bobby protested, immediately silenced by a quick kiss.

“Walk me home, boyfriend,” Hanbin said, tugging on Bobby’s arm.

Bobby huffed at him, pouting, “Fine.”