Daydreaming

I Kissed My Pretty Babysitter

'Irene?'

I snapped out of my thoughts. I felt so awkward about this- I was this girl's babysitter, and for heaven's sake, she was only eleven. I really shouldn't feel this way about her.

'Irene!' Seulgi smiled at me a little shyly. 'Do you want to draw with me?'

'Sure!' So get this straight (or gay), art is kind of boring. But if Seulgi wanted to draw, then we would.

'Good!' Seulgi ran off down the hall, then returned a moment later with a scetchbook.

'Here.' She handed me a paper. I stared at it before asking, 'What should I draw?'

Seulgi was already drawing diligently. She paused when I spoke.

'Just...draw whatever you want, I guess,' she shrugged.

'How do you get started so easily?' I asked.

'I think of beautiful things,' Seulgi said. 'I try to capture the beauty on paper. Not always by drawing those particular things, but just trying to put their beauty into other things.'

'That's....deep,' I said finally. 'I can try, though.'

Beautiful things.

I knew of one, but I couldn't capture it. Nothing was that beautiful, nothing.

How would I put Seulgi's perfection onto paper?

'What beautiful thing did you think of?' I asked her, hoping for inspiration.

'Butterflies, raindrops, constellations, you, jewels, love....' she kept on talking, but my mind had gone blank after one thing.

'Wait, me?'