Reassignment

The Royal Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once breakfast was ready, I took plates filled with food to Youngjae's room, hoping my uniform would disguise myself enough he won't notice he was the one dancing with me last night.


I reached his door and knocked to let him know food was here. I went to set the tray down on the floor, as this is what his brother preferred, and to my surprise, the door opened quickly as I was setting it halfway on the floor.


"I-I'm sorry Prince Youngjae. I was setting your breakfast down so you can eat it when you wanted." I stammered, avoiding eye contact.


"You can bring the food inside." Youngjae smiled, "If you could set it down on the table over there, that would be wonderful." I listened to his instructions and tried to keep my head down while fulfilling them, dreading the thought of him recognizing me.


As if he could read my thoughts like a book, "You look familiar to me. Do I know you from somewhere?"


I froze. "I used to serve your brother... That's probably where you recognize me." I gave a weak smile hoping this conversation would end quickly.


"I have seen you serving my brother," he started, "but I believe I saw you last night." He gave me a curious look, which made him almost look like a puppy.


"...I wasn't working last night, I had the night off." I said quickly. Not realizing that all of the workers were summoned to work last night.


Youngjae broke eye contact with me and sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter