TEN

Settle Down

JI NA was right about Kiseok's habit of being a bit touchy-feely when he's in a good mood.

Not that I mind his roaming hands at all, he didn't seem to care that people may be watching us, and I began to feed off his natural confidence. So I smile freely when he leans down and kisses my cheek, and I lean into his sturdy chest when he whispers a few lyrics of various songs into my ears.

Being with Kiseok makes me feel alive again, that bit may sound as if I'm exaggerating, but just by being in his presence, I feel as if I'm wanted again. I haven't felt this way in a long time, and the more time I spend with him, the more I begin to crave him.

These feelings are normal, right?

"Do you want another drink babe?" he places a soft kiss below my ear and I quickly nod my head.

I smile softly at him then watch as he disappears into the crowd of people. "Yah!" Ji Na rushes over to me in a flash, "guess who I just saw?" I look at her expectantly, "Kim Sun Jae!"

My eyes widen on impulse, I immediately think of the fact that he should be with Mi Cha right now, but then, I'm here as well. If I deserve to have some fun on a weekend, then Kim Sun Jae deserves the same as well, even though I wish he was rotting away somewhere.

"That's fine!" I flash my hair, "we're both grown adults!"

Ji Na raises her martini at me then downs the thing in one go, "oh, look! It's Simon Dominic!" I shake my head at her, it's clear that she's drunk off her a*s.

Kiseok hands me a glass of something colourful as he takes his spot behind me, Ji Na keeps smiling up at him, and I know for sure she's about to embarrass herself.

"Invite me to the wedding!" I roll my eyes as Kiseok laughs loudly at the comment, "I..." she sways sideways, "...I, need a man!"

I close my eyes momentarily as she staggers off towards the dance floor, Kiseok's hands find my waist once more as he pulls me closer to him, and as I sipped on the fruity drink, I grow even more comfortable. The party continues on as the night cruise went without a hitch, Kiseok and I danced and laughed happily into the night, and when the yacht made its final stop, we disembarked in high spirits.

"Can't we go?" I shake my head as Kiseok whispers into my ear.

The entire AOMG gang is standing around in the parking lot, just the sight of them being friendly with each other, is enough to make me feel happy. I turn to face him then put my arms around his neck, he looks down at me with a faint smile on his lips, and so I kiss him softly.

"Don't be a party-pooper," he pouts dramatically at me, "we'll leave in the next five minutes." I play with the hairs on the back of his neck, "you should enjoy moments like these before you become even more aged."

He scoffs at my playful comment then pinches my rear, "should I take you home and show you exactly what this old man can do?" I bite down on my bottom lip as I look at him, "the things I want to do to you..."

I reach up to place another kiss on his lips, but I'm unable to as a hoarse voice interrupts, "Dhi Ah?" 

I couldn't fight the scoff that escapes my lips, Sun Jae's standing just a few feet away from Kiseok and I. The rest of the AOMG members are oblivious to exactly what's going on at the moment. 

"What are you doing here?" I recoil at his question, not to mention the fact that I absolutely hate the tone he's using with me, "I asked you a question."

"Have you lost your f**king mind?" I snap out of my reverie as Kiseok uses his body as a shield, "who the hell do you think you are?" I hold on to the rapper's arm in an effort to calm him down, "apologize to her."

"Kiseok, it's-"

"I wasn't talking to you, I asked my ex-wife a question," my blood suddenly boils as he directs his disrespectful tone towards Kiseok.

"I don't owe you anything you as*shole," I roughly push Kiseok to the side as I begin to grow even more upset, "ex-wife? Do you think that unwanted title gives you the right to disrespect both my boyfriend and I?" I walk over to him, "huh? You cheating, piece of-"

"Hey," Kiseok takes hold of my arm, "calm down babe," I shake my head at the situation then walk over to Kiseok's car. 

I can't believe that scumbag has the audacity to approach me like this, I hate that bastard, I really do. 

"Dhi Ah, let's leave," I hardly register Kiseok's voice as he tries to calm me down, "let's not do something we'll both regret." 

I look over at Sun Jae who's currently on his phone, I shake my head at the very sight of him, but before I could turn away, he flashes me a frightened look.

"Dhi Ah..." I watch as he lowers the phone from his ear, "...it's Mi Cha-ah."

I didn't need to ask Sun Jae anything further, our small squabble is immediately forgotten as Kiseok and I sped off to the hospital. I was beside myself with worry, and how the hell did Mi Cha end up at the hospital at a time like this? 

As soon as the car pulls up at the ER, I exit in a flash, both Kiseok and Sun Jae joins me as I question the nurse on duty. I wasn't even thinking clearly, the only thing on my mind is finding Mi Cha's hospital room, and when I did, I felt as if the world stop spinning.

Tears come to my eyes as I give her small body a once over, she has an oxygen mask on, and there's a needle in her arm that leads to the IV. My tears flow freely as I sit on the stool beside her bed, how the hell did this happen?

"I just spoke to the doctor, they're treating the anaphylactic shock, but she'll need to stay here for observation."

I turn around in a flash, Sun Jae's red eyes look back at me in guilt, "how did this happen?"

"Let's talk outside, your boyfriend can watch her for a while."

I'm upset, worried, and extremely disappointed, "Dhi Ah I'm-"

"Where's your mother? Why isn't she here? Doesn't she know how severe Mi Cha's peanut allergy is? How could she make such a mistake?"

He runs his fingers through his hair, "listen Dhi Ah, mom wasn't watching Mi Cha, I hired a babysitter."

I shake my head, "and you didn't even care to tell her about our daughter's allergies? And why wasn't I aware of this babysitter?"

"Calm down, Mi Cha's fine."

I clench my fists at my sides, "calm down? Kim Sun Jae, she could've died! Do you realize how negligent you were tonight? What if the worse had happened? Mi Cha's matters the most to me in this world, and I won't let an idiot like you take her away from me!"

I stomp off with a huff, but I don't get that far since he's holding on to my arm, "what kind of nonsense are you sprouting now? You aren't thinking about-"

"What if I am?" his grip tightens, "you've neglected her on numerous occasions, and now this happens, you can't fault me for my decision."

"Are you crazy? Mi Cha's my daughter too. If you think I'll let this happen you're making a sad mistake. And if you think I'll let that classless rapper raise my kid, then you're really f**king crazy."

I pull my arm away but he doesn't budge, "let go," he grabs me by the other arm and pulls me closer to him, "what? do you feel tempted again? Raise your hand at me again, and I'll destroy you."

He doesn't find the time to say anything as his body's physically thrown a few feet away from me, my mouth hangs open in shock as Sun Jae holds his bleeding nose.

"You're really getting on my nerves you as*hole," Kiseok swings his arm again but I hold on to it before he could hit Sun Jae once more, "get the f**k out of here before I beat you to a pulp."

KISEOK and I spent the rest of our night by Mi Cha's bedside.

Each time a tear fell, he would wipe it away, and he held me in his arms until I fell asleep. When the morning finally broke, Mi Cha was in the same state as last night, and just seeing her like this, makes my chest hurt. 

It wasn't until after Kiseok and I managed to change into the clothes Ji Na brought for us, that I realized how quiet the rapper has been since last night. I didn't realize the look of worry he's sporting on his face until after the nurse checked up on Mi Cha.

"Hey," he looks up at me but his hands kept softly caressing Mi Cha's hair, "why don't you go home and get some rest?" he shakes his head at the question, "are you sure?"

He sighs softly, "I'm not leaving until she wakes up."

I offer a smile, his eyes return to Mi Cha's small face and as I watch him look at her, I could see something familiar swimming in his eyes, "thank you for being here," the back of my eyes sting as tears threaten to fall, "it means so much to me."

"A few days ago," he flashes me a look, "Mi Cha told me that she loves me," my eyes widen, "and it wasn't because I had bought her anything or gave her food, we were watching cartoons, and it just came out."

A single tear falls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away, "I knew she really liked spending time with you, I didn't know she felt that way," I smile softly, "how did it make you feel?"

My heart thumps away wildly in my chest as a wide smile graces Kiseok's face, "I felt so proud. As undeserving as I am, Mi Cha loves me nonetheless, her eyes light up when they see me," his very eyes shine on their own as he speaks, "and you don't know this, but she sneaks away with your phone and calls me on Face Time." 

I giggle, "she's a troublemaker," I look at her, "and I'm happy that she has grown to love you Kiseok-ah, I was really worried that she wouldn't get used to you."

The rapper scoffs playfully, "haven't you heard? I'm a ladies man," I roll my eyes and he chuckles softly. We sit silently just looking at Mi Cha for about two seconds until Kiseok speaks up, "last night, was that the first time your ex-husband..."

He's unable to finish his question as I flash him a look, of all the things that has happened to me in my life, this is the last thing I want to talk about with Kiseok. But I know the rapper won't let this go, so with a heavy sigh I shake my head.

"He has never hit me," his shoulders visibly relax, "but I've been pushed around. As if he wanted to assert his dominance over me, he used to roughly bump his shoulder into mine, I've been shoved out of his way, and shoved into walls."

The silence after my short explanation speak volumes, but for some inexplicable reason I choose to continue, "on the day when I confronted him about the cheating, we argued for a bit, and then he raised his hand at me. I thought for sure he was going to hit me, and maybe a small part of me was expecting it to happen, but I stood there and waited for the slap."

The rapper hisses vehemently, the sound causes me to flash him a look as I was avoiding eye contact. My very eyes widen in response to the trembling of his shoulders, and his tightly clenched fist. 

"Kiseok-ah-"

"Would you have told me this if I didn't ask about it?" I blink at the question, "I know I shouldn't push you but I swear on my Mom, Dhi Ah..." he takes a deep breath, "...the next time I see that a*shole, I'll f**king kill him."

It wasn't difficult to sense the conviction in his words, "it was a long time ago," my voice cracks at the tears fall, "I'm tired of being plagued by my memories of him, I just want to move on, and forget I was married to him."

My shoulders shake as I begin to sob, Kiseok quickly gets off the stool and joins me at my side. I bury my face in his stomach as he soothingly rubs my back, while telling me that everything's alright.

I pull away shortly and he stoops before me, I catch sight of his watery eyes as he wipes my tears away, "I love you," I hiccup and he chuckles, "I think I was whipped from the moment you walked into your office. You don't need to say those words to me anytime soon, just promise me something."

I nod my head, "what is it?"

He takes my hand in his and intertwines our fingers together, "don't hide anything from me, tell me when something's bothering you, and let me protect the both of you. You girls are my world now."

I nod my head again, unable to speak as I felt as if I'm about to choke on my emotions. Kiseok hugs me tightly, I close my eyes instinctively and breathe in, as there's a small part of me that wants this moment to last forever. 

I never thought that one day someone would come along and fall this hard for me, I always thought that since I'm divorced that no one would appreciate me anymore as I had once belonged to someone else. But I must admit, I'm truly happy that life seems to be giving me another chance at love. 

I think, that I too, might just be in love with Jung Kiseok.