3.5 | a new friend

If This is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi’s whistling a happy tone as she roams the streets on a late night, hands in her pocket and a smile that refused to leave her face.


She recalls the memory from just a few moments ago, chortling at the sudden shift of her usually quiet attitude into having a new-found confidence, already at its peak.


“Seulgi-yah! Seulgi-yah! Your coat’s still with me!”


Seulgi’s hearing what’s starting to become her favorite sound, shoves it down to the pit of nothingness and pretends not to hear it (but why did she, though?).


Once she was far enough, she releases her phone out of instinct. Searching for the woman’s name, her pearly whites show as soon as she takes sight of familiar letters that spelled “Kim Yerim”. She takes a mental note to change her name soon.


Without hesitation, Seulgi starts typing, forms a sentence that may or may not imply that she’s flirting with the woman.


“Keep it. It suits you better, anyway.”


She sends the message and pockets her phone into her trousers, flushing at her own cheesy statement.


Seulgi walks, thinking about the past relationships she’s had. She’s notorious for not having the best track record in the dating department, which her exes can definitely vouch for. She’s well aware of this, and honestly she couldn’t blame the majority of them for breaking up with her. She focuses too much on work, that’s all. If it wasn’t work, then she’d be spending her time with friends or resting alone. It sounds kind of harsh, but maybe she’s really not the type to get tied down, especially right now.


Seulgi appreciates her friends trying to help her “get back on the market”, but she’s pretty content with where her life is right now.


After meeting Kim Yerim, she’s even more than content.


One might say that what emotion she’s having right now is euphoria.


She’s trying not to think too deep into it, but after being introduced to Kim Yerim, she’s suddenly happier than what she usually was. She didn’t particularly know the girl in a more in-depth sense, but she was interesting enough to have Seulgi’s attention piqued at its maximum level.


Seulgi’s only met her a few times, times that you can use your one hand to count with, but she’s already enamored with the girl. Perhaps she’s longing for a brand new friendship, a friendship that fits the perfect missing piece in the woman’s unknown, long-term puzzle.


But whatever it was, Seulgi’s just happy she’s finally met the girl.


Taking a few more steps, she finally approaches the familiar apartment she’s been in for years. She fishes for the key inside her pocket, unlocks the door, then breathes in the air inside her room.


She switches on the white lights, allowing herself to observe her space. Her faded yellow apartment walls seemed to have worn out, considering its age. Glass-framed shelves with awards she’s won displayed itself proudly near the side of her door.


It wasn’t much, but this really was home to her.


She drags herself down to her couch, lounging lazily as she sighs in content. She then throws out the items inside her pocket onto the coffee table in front of her, then stands up to walk to the door to the left. She enters her room, ing the crisp, white polo and removing her formal trousers before changing into more comfortable attire, her typical oversized shirt and pajama set.


Loosening her hair from the tight bun, she walks back to the living room. She glances at her phone, which was lit up. Probably a notification, she assumes. She approaches the table to grab her device, unlocks it and checks as to what it was.


Irene unnie~~


Seulgi sighs, not sure if it was out of disappointment because it wasn’t what she had initially expected.


Wait, whom did she expect it was from anyway?


She shakes her head, slides the notification to the side to open up the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter