three | start over

If This is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeri wanted to bolt away from the restaurant. She knew that she didn’t have the best stamina, but her adrenaline was on fire right now. If she were to do so, she’d probably last a few meters away, enough for them not to catch up on her.


But her body contradicted with the way she thought, for she did not have the ability to move a single limb.


Silence became the main company of the four, allowing its presence to settle on their table. Time began ticking slower than how it usually does.


Is she going to be bitter about it? Is she going to make a sarcastic remark? Will she pull out a dirty trick on me?


Unexpectedly, it was Seulgi who cuts through the silence.


“Yerim-ssi. It’s nice to finally put a face to your name,” Seulgi suddenly bows at her, putting Yeri into a state of shock. The short haired woman swallows, trying to arrange the right words to say.


“I-It’s nice to meet you too, Seulgi-ssi.” Yeri wills herself to stand up from her chair, bowing back to Seulgi out of respect. As they both stand up from their position, they stare at each other for a while, giving Yeri enough time to familiarize herself with Seulgi’s features.


The woman had the similar smile she used on Yeri not too long ago. Her eyes matched the same amount of happiness with the smile that played on her lips, as if the woman’s orbs shined as bright as the sun did. Her soft cheeks became more evident because of it, as well. The scent of tangerine was definitely noticeable, as Seulgi was as close as she was to Yeri when they first met. Her aura was radiating, while Yeri could only stare at her in awe and in fear.


Yeri could feel the heat rise to her cheeks, and she wasn’t sure if it was out of embarrassment or something else.


How bothersome.


“It’s nice seeing the three of you, but I’m afraid I have to go,” Seulgi tells the trio, “I’m supposed to have a dinner with my friend.”


“Oh it’s alright, Seulgi-yah! We wouldn't want to keep your friend waiting,” Irene tells her. Seulgi says an apology one more time before waving goodbye to their group.


Yeri stared at the woman as Seulgi took a stride farther away from their table, mouth agape and dumbfounded at their interaction minutes earlier. Looking at Seulgi made her feel a bit small, as the woman exuded confidence in each step that she took. It was totally different when Yeri initially met her, remembering the disappointed tone that came out from her voice. Yeri’s aware that she’s more mature than the people within her age group. But after being with Seulgi, she felt younger than she was, like a child who didn't know how to think straight.


She then notices Seulgi sitting down with a girl who had long, strikingly orange hair with a fringe. The unknown girl then gives a gummy smile at Seulgi once she saw her, urging her to sit down in front of her. Yeri raises her eyebrows at the sight, her gears suddenly moving to think about why they were here.


It wasn’t long until the couple in front of her snickered, sharing whispers that Yeri couldn’t completely comprehend. She snaps her head back to Irene and Wendy, mentally slapping herself for not being subtle enough with her actions.


“What?” She glared at the two. Both Irene and Wendy continued to share a knowing look, a secret kept between the two of them through their eyes.


“Yerimmie, sit down,” Wendy chuckled, motioning her hand down.


Yeri could only blush, not even realizing that she’d been gawking at Seulgi while she was still standing up. She immediately went down to sit, hurting her in between due to the rapid action.


The couple studies Yeri’s face intricately, making the short-haired woman conscious of what she looked like. Out of habit, she uses her hand to run through her blonde hair, trying to fix it just in case there was hair in the way of her face. She tucks a couple of strands behind her ear as she puts her head down to look away from the both of them, becoming a little shy with the way she presented herself.


“What is it..” Yeri’s mumbles, curiosity and insecurity lacing her words. Irene notices her wavering, so she gave her a soft smile to comfort her.


“Yerim, is it possible that you..” Irene trails her voice, incompleting her statement to make sure she won’t make the short haired woman freak out.


“What? What’s possible?” Yeri looks at Irene, then at Wendy, who was trying to hide a sly smile as she looked sideways.


“Ah, nevermind. It’s too soon,” Irene ends it like that, leaving Yeri to her own imagination as to what the oldest was asking.


“Unnie, that’s unfair! You know how much I hate it when people do that,” Yeri whines, pouting her lips as she crossed her arms like a kid in a candy shop who didn’t get what they wanted. The couple laughs at her immature response, and it wasn’t long until Yeri joined in with them.


The group proceeded to their dinner date, eating their food and enjoying each other’s good company.


For a while, Yeri forgot her thoughts of a familiar pair of sharp, cat-like eyes.

 

-

 

“Joohyun, I’m so full,” Wendy cups her stomach with her hands, rubbing it in a circular motion to show her girlfriend how plenty she ate from earlier. Irene sighs while Yeri watches them, laughing at the two.


“Oh no, you’re calling me Joohyun.” Irene knew that Wendy was being serious, and that she certainly needed to be carried home.


Irene proceeded to stand up from her chair, hoisting Wendy’s body behind her back as she put her girlfriend’s arms around her neck, her own arms on Wendy’s legs for her to support her girlfriend. When the smaller girl had settled properly behind, she smiled in delight. It wasn’t too long before she began snoring off on her girlfriend’s back, making Irene sigh.


“I’m afraid we have to end this early, are you going to come with?” Irene shoots Yeri an apologetic glance, to which Yeri motioned her hand to let the woman know that it was fine.


“It’s alright, unnie. Just take Wendy unnie home and make sure you guys both get back safe,” Yeri tells her, washing away the worried look Irene wore previously on her face.

 

Yeri then looks at the tired Wendy behind Irene’s back, sleeping peacefully as she dozed off comfortably on her girlfriend. Wendy nuzzles closer to Irene’s back, eyebrows crinkling at a thought she must’ve had.


Irene glances over her shoulder, looking at Wendy with eyes that made Yeri kind of wish that she had someone to look at her like that. Irene smiles at her girlfriend’s face, obviously melting at the scene she wanted to capture.


“Beautiful, isn’t she?” Irene maintains her gaze onto Wendy’s, her girlfriend obviously not hearing the truth coming out of Irene’s mouth.


“Unnie, you’re so in love with this idiot. Makes me want to vomit sometimes.”


“We’re both idiots, Yerim. I think that’s what makes me fall in love with her even more.”


Yeri was too single.


Irene waves at her goodbye, lifting her girlfriend one more time to keep them stable. She then proceeds to walk toward the exit, of course without receiving a couple of strange glances at the odd-looking pair first. Yeri laughs as she watched them saunter away as if it was nothing new to them.


She sighs at her table, realizing that she was alone again and that she had the entire night to herself. She’s not entirely sure as to why she didn’t come with her friends instead, but she ended up shrugging it off and told herself that she needed some time to gather her thoughts.


She may or may not have been thinking about her again.


Yeri, like the intrigued girl that she was, decided to glance over the table where she saw a familiar girl sit earlier. She notices that the table had probably been empty for a long time now, considering that it was back to its pristine condition as if no one had sat there at all. She sighs again, calling it a day and went on to fixing her things.


It’s a bit odd for her to feel something inside of her that’s lasted for almost two days, especially with people she’d only met for a short

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter