Karaoke

Juliette

Pia was now about to sing karaoke with Stray Kids. Of course, she wasn’t going to be alone with them because her members were there. Sara their leader swung her arm around Pia’s neck, “Don’t look so nervous. You’re the one who wanted to go.”

“I know, but Felix is behind that door.”

“And? Felix is just as normal of a human being as the rest of us.”

“But! They’re all so beautiful”, Pia had her hand on the door handle and was practically shaking. Not only were they her sunbaes, but she has always been their fan and because of practice it had been so long since she saw them. “I’m just not rea-”

Suddenly, the door opened and Jeongin was now standing between the doorway. It looked like he was mentally counting the people in front of him. “Who are you?”

Pia froze, but moved on it’s own. “Ah we... um, are uh”

Sara sighed and grabbed the back of Pia’s head bringing it to a slight bow along with the rest of the members. “Hello, we’re Juliette. Nice to meet you sunbae.”

When they were standing straight again Jeongin was grinning from ear to ear. “Ah you’re the new group Woojin was telling us about. Which one is Pia?”

“Me”, she raised her hand.

“Ohh I heard we were the same age. I hope we can be good friends.” Pia nodded in agreement then they awkwardly stood in the doorway for a few more minutes before realizing. “Oh come in. We just ordered some food.” He moved out of the way, “Hyung they’re here!”

As soon as the girls entered you could hear the boys say woaah.

Jeongin closed the door behind them. Chan was the next one to greet them. “You guys are Juliette?” They nodded. “Awesome, we were just about to start singing another song. You guys should introduce yourselves first though come on.” He led them over to stand in front of the screen then went to sit on the couch with the guys. “Alright kids the girls are gonna introduce themselves before we continue.”

The eight of them were on the couch: Changbin, Jisung, Seungmin, Hyunjin, Minho, Woojin, Jeongin and Chan. Felix wasn’t there though. Pia didn’t know whether to be disappointed or relieved. She really wanted to see him, but it took the nervousness away for now.

“안녕하세요! We are 2,3”, Sara said.

“Yours Truly~ Juliette”, they chorused.

“Ah cute”, they could hear Jisung say.

“Hi, my name is Sara. I’m the leader and lead vocalist. I’m in charge of Spanish.”

“Hi, my name is Lihua. I’m in charge of visuals, choreography, and I’m a sub-vocalist. Ah and in charge of Chinese.”

“Hi, my name is Pia. I’m the main vocalist, dance machine, rapper and in charge of Filipino.”

“Wahh, they both have so many”, Chan commented.

The girls continued, “Hi, my name is Mijoo. I’m the main rapper and in charge of Thai.”

“Hi, my name is Kiwi. I’m the maknae, in charge of rapping and Japanese.”

“I heard all you guys say you were in charge of a language?”, Chan inquired.

“Yes, we’re all trilingual”, Sara replied.

“Really?”

“Wow, that’s unique”, Minho said then sipped his drink.

“It is. So, along with Korean I’m assuming the last language is English?”

“Yes, that way we can interact with our fans on an international level.”

Chan was nodding his head because he was entertained with the overall concept of their group then with a sigh said, “Well, I’m not gonna put you on the spot today since you’re supposed to be celebrating on signing for debut right now. Let’s just have fun.”

“Actually, we’re performing for JYP in a couple days. Can you look at what we’ve put together so far?”, Sara asked. The boys looked at each other then all nodded in agreement. Sara had mentioned that if they were gonna celebrate instead of practicing then they should at least get critique from their sunbaes.

“I don’t see why not”, Chan answered on behalf of the group.

Sara grinned. They grabbed the karaoke mics and Sara stepped down from the stage to explain their concept while the others warmed up. “So, our group is a girl crush concept. We have covered several genres over the course of us forming, but the one that we have had the most success in is a classical pop sound. Our group has been compared to Gfriend before, but this song…”, she scrolled through the list until she landed on Janus by Boyfriend. “...is probably what best reflects who Juliette is. We have adjusted the choreography and although this isn’t the soundtrack we’ve edited to suit us best. Please enjoy.”

She pressed play and joined the rest of the members up front. The violins in the song slowly started playing and the elegant yet eye catching choreography started on beat. Sara and Lihua along with Mijoo and Kiwi held their hands together in the air. They slowly brought it down and in the center stood Pia who was elegantly dancing to the sound of the violin. As soon as the beat dropped they smoothly got in formation and along with the dance, the vocals were amazing.

When it neared the height of the song Sara and Pia harmonized a note that was originally meant for one. Eventually, it quickly ended as soon as it began. The girls now had their backs facing the boys. They were breathing heavily, but their expressions still held the same emotion of the song. When the score for the song popped up as 98 the girls high-fived each other and the guys were clapping at their success. “What do you think?”, Sara asked into the mic still grinning with happiness.

Chan gave her a thumbs up, “You guys are gonna kill it. Everything is really good considering how you guys haven’t officially debuted.”

“Hyung it reminds me of when we debuted”, Minho added. “Even though this is my first time seeing you guys perform it felt like you were telling us a story through your choreography.”

“Mhmm you guys will definitely do well”, Jisung added. “About your rappers tho-”, he paused because his phone started ringing. He checked the caller id. It showed, Felix, “Oh one moment. Hello? Yeah we’re here”, he paused for a while then his face went from amused to concerned. “Are you okay?”, everyone in the room was now focused on his conversation with the absent member. Jisung stood up and grabbed his coat that was behind where he was sitting. “Okay, I’ll be right there. Don’t move around to much and wait for me”, he hung up the phone. “Um, sorry Felix isn’t feeling well.”

“How bad is it?”, asked Chan.

“He didn’t sound too bad on the phone. I’m just gonna go check on him then I’ll be back, but I did have something to say what was it…?” Jisung was talking while putting his coat on. “Right you”, he pointed at Pia.
    “Me?”, she also pointed at herself.

“Yeah, how long have you been rapping?”

“I started about 4 months ago.”

“Oh that makes sense…”, he grabbed his phone and slid it into his pocket. “I have some suggestions that could help your delivery. Leader!”, he called to Sara. “Do you mind if I steal her for a second? We’ll just go over to the dorm and head back since it’s not far.”

Sara shrugged, “I’m not her mom. See you later. We’re gonna keep going in the meantime.” In the corner Kiwi had been flipping through songs to sing.

Pia nodded then walked over to grab her coat that she had put on the rack when she came in, “I’ll be back soon then.”

Jisung held the door open for her and they headed out. Woojin was silently sitting on the couch in disbelief. He hadn’t even gotten the chance to speak to her yet.

Kiwi held up the book pointing to Some by Soyou and Junggigo, “I wanna sing this one.” Lihua scrolled through the songs and selected it for their youngest member. “Someone sing with me.”

Changbin pushed Jeongin, “Let the maknaes sing”

“Eh, I-”, Kiwi held out the mic for him. “I’ll sing.”

The boys cheered then the song started playing. The two maknaes sang the love song in such an innocent manner, but it looked so fun. Everyone was into it, except Woojin who was still thinking of Pia. He let out a sigh. Hyunjin looked over, “Hyung you okay?”

Woojin nodded and tapped his leg as he stood up, “I’m just gonna get some fresh air real quick. He left the room and began running down the street.