Chapter 3

The Valentine's Killer

“So, we interviewed some of the family and we spoke to one of the doctors, who treated the last victim. No clear links. They didn’t even go to the same gyms or coffee shops,” Woohyun reported.

“I spoke to the coroner. The way he kills his victims could almost be said to be peaceful. They never look distressed, there’s no obvious trauma. The families have mentioned that the clothes the victims are wearing are their favourite formal wear. Every detail is gentle and almost kind,” Myungsoo said.

“What are you trying to say?” Kangta said rather impatient.

Myungsoo studied the photos some more, “It reminds me more of death with dignity, like one would have if they were terminally ill and wanted to die in their chosen manner.”

“The rose petals?”

“Rather than a romantic gesture, perhaps the pathway to heaven, or a way out of a self-inflicted prison,” Myungsoo said with some thought.

“So, the house is a symbol for imprisonment and the petals are a guide for their souls to leave?” Woohyun said in disbelief.

“Yes, exactly,” Myungsoo answered serenely.

A knock on the door was heard before PO entered, “I found something that could potentially be a link.”

Myungsoo and Woohyun nodded to indicate that they were listening.

“All of the victims were diagnosed with some long-term medical illness.”

“At the same hospital?” Myungsoo asked.

PO allowed a small proud smile to grace his face, “Close, Dong University Medical Hospital has smaller clinics where patients are also seen, that’s why it wasn’t picked up initially.”

Both agents got up and hurried out the door.

Jackson entered the room, “Where did those two run off to?”

“Find the Unsub I guess,” PO replied.

Kangta stared after them in deep thought, “I hope they don’t do something idiotic. Although, I must say the Myungsoo’s suspicions were spot on.”

“I knew that doctor was suspicious. Something was off about him. I mean he would have access to drugs that would allow him to make the poison and make sure it’s undetectable,” Woohyun said as he and Myungsoo ran towards the car.

“Well now we know why we had off feelings about him,” Myungsoo said.

They got into the car and Woohyun drove them to the hospital.

Once they arrived, they hurried out and into the hospital towards the reception.

“Do you know where we’ll find Dr Yoon Kyun Sang?” 

“Hello Agent Nam and Kim,” a voice said.

“Dr. Yoon if you don’t mind, we need to take you in for questioning,” Myungsoo said.

He looked at the two agents before saying, “Is there a particular reason I have to come in? There are quite a few patients that I’d like to see to.”

“Uh… we’d just like to take you in for questioning,” Myungsoo hurriedly said, suddenly remembering that they had no grounds to take the young doctor. There was no evidence that truly pointed to the doctor, only his gut.

Dr. Yoon’s eyes narrowed slightly, “Is there something that I can help with?”

“Well, we just found out that all of the victims were diagnosed with chronic diseases that needed palliative care,” Woohyun started.

“Were they all treated here?” the doctor questioned.

“No,” Myungsoo answered, “But they were treated at different clinics that are all affiliated with the hospital.”

“I don’t see what this has to do with me,” the young doctor stated.

The two young agents looked at each other, they had stuffed up. You can’t just go after someone because of a feeling.

Dr. Yoon folded his lips then said, “If there is nothing else, I have things to do.”

The two agents watched as the doctor left.

“I don’t know what we were thinking,” Woohyun said to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo looked determined, “I know it’s him.”

Author's Note: I know that it's been a really long time and I apologize for such a long wait... I hope that you enjoyed this chapter!