Chapter 1

The Valentine's Killer

The house was dark except for the main bedroom. The lights were off in the room and on varying surfaces candles stood shining enough so that one could see.

 

A woman lay on the bed peaceful surrounded with the mahogany spice of the candles. She looked to be asleep but if one studied her, one would notice that something was amiss. Her chest no longer rose to indicate her breathing.

 

A man entered the room. He wore nondescript clothing with a black cap. He walked softly as if fearing to disturb the sleeping woman. The man reached the woman and very gently with a gloved hand he curled her hair behind her ear.

 

Then he lifted the bag that was in his other hand and opened it. He put his hand into it and scattered petals around the woman. As he left the room, his footsteps were followed by floating bits of red with an almost black outline.

 

“And so yet another victim had been found dead in their home. Some still speculate that this may be a suicide however judging by the pattern, most experts are convinced that it is murder. Police have yet to find any leads on previous cases....” the reporter on the TV said.

 

"They're calling him the Valentine's Killer," Hwasa said. "The news is making a big hoo-ha about it." She switched on the news channel as she was talking.

"Yeah I've been following it too," Yugyeom said, "Leaves burnt rose petals from the front door to the bedroom. Kills the victims by making them look like suicide."

"That's twisted," Jackson commented, "As if Valentine's wasn't depressing enough."

"Only for you Jackson. No girl wants you," Hwasa mocked.

"That's where you're wrong, they can't get enough of me. That's why it's depressing, Not enough Jackson to go around," Jackson said dramatically while looking upwards with a look of exaggerated despair.

"That's our next case," the authoritative voice of Kangta said.

"Should we start packing?" Woohyun asked.

"We leaving in 20 minutes," PO answered while fixing his glasses.

There was a hustle and bustle and everybody went to go get ready.