Six.

...Can you hear me?

It was really unusual for me to wake early on a weekend— even my parents started questioning me what made me get up at 7 in the morning.

 

“Mom, I’m having a friend over.”

“Well, that’s strange. You never tell us whenever your friends come over.”

My dad went over the kitchen sink and asks, “Is that a special friend?”

Special friend. He lets out a laugh, “ Well, I guess you could tell he’s special.”

He’s deaf.”

“Oh, is that so?” The old man replied as he takes a bite of his apple. “I see you’re coping up with the real world, having different types of friends.”

“That’s really good, Han.”

Jeonghan rolls his eyes playfully, pulling out his phone.

Uhm, hey. It’s Jeonghan.

sent 7:10 AM

Is it too early for me to text?

seen 7:22 AM

No, no. Sorry, I was getting ready.

seen 7:23 AM

 

I thought I was early enough to send him a text but I guess he was earlier—I mean who gets ready at 7 in the morning? On a Saturday?

You forgot to give me your address.

seen 7:25 AM

 

I did?

Oh, are you ready? Do you want me to pick you up?

seen 7:27 AM

It’s not like I can’t walk, smartpants.

seen 7:27 AM

Ah, are you giving me an attitude early in the morning?

seen 7:28 AM

No :P

I’m leaving. See you at the school gates.

seen 7:30 AM

 

Is it weird that I can sense his hand gestures while talking to him over the screen? Is it weird that I can somehow sense his cat-like eyes curling up while he replies with that :P of him?

 

Or probably just getting used of having him as a company.

        —

17 minutes. It took us 17 minutes to reach home while listening to Bon Iver. I didn’t know what genre he listens to– in case he started listening to various sounds– but it seemed like he likes the vibe.

“So, uhm, we’re here.”

He seemed pretty surprised, grabbing his phone as he immediately sends a text message.

Your house is pretty and huge.

seen 8:16 AM

 

Jeonghan got off, leading the way to the entry porch as his dad walks past him to greet the younger behind him. “Oh, you must be Josh.”

“Dad, it’s Joshua.” sending a short glare while mouthing don’t embarrass me.

Letting out a laugh, his dad shook his head. “Alright, I’m off to work. I’ve ordered chicken and pizzas... in case you starve.”

Leading their way to his room, Jeonghan apologizes, “I apologize... My dad really calls out random nicknames.”

The younger chuckles quietly with his eyes curling up, pulling out a thumbs up on him.

Plopping himself on his bed, Jeonghan asks, “So, what made our introduction stood out?”

Joshua hands out the compiled sheets for the elder to read.

“Can virtual reality substitute an actual reality? Really?”

The younger nods as he replies, “Well this is really for brainiacs.”

 

“But it sure is interesting.”

Where’s your mom by the way?

seen 8:23 AM

“She left early for a business trip.” Jeonghan replied while scanning the sheets of their report.

So are you usually home alone?

seen 8:25 AM

“Well, yeah. Sort of. I’d have Cheol and Junhui to come over.”

Oh I see.

seen 8:26 AM

“Doesn’t it tire you? From typing all your replies or gesturing with your hands?”

It does but I’m used to it.

seen 8:27 AM

 

 

Jeonghan.

Jeonghan, I wanna learn how to speak.

Help me out?

seen 8:43 AM

         

👀 i think this chapter is kinda crappy but hope you enjoyed