Chapter 12. Noona and Dongsaeng

not so in love

Today was the longest day in the history of Jungkook’s shift. His co-workers were weird, Taehyung smiled like an idiot ever since Irene left with his coffee. Well, Taehyung being idiot was something he could tolerate, but he couldn’t tolerate how he pranced as ‘Mature Man’ like peacock. It made him wanting to punch him in the face.

While Taehyung being weird, Myungsoo was like the demon incarnation. Hell, even the demon would be offended to be in the same level as Myungsoo. Myungsoo always cold but today even breathing in his vicinity would be rewarded with standing ovation. You were one of the bravest soul or Stupidest soul. 

When Wendy informed him he got his recess, Jungkook dashed to back door. He would rather to  eat his lunch near the trash can instead the employee lounge. “Having your lunch?” 

Please kill him! Jungkook wanted to die, because the question was from his crush. Lee Ji-eun. Why? Why did she had to see him every time he became uncool? Jungkook wanted to bury his head into the trash can.

“Yes. Are you not working?” He asked back.

No one know what is Lee Ji-eun job. In Jungkook’s memory, Lee Ji-Eun had always been a neighbor of Ailee. Lee Ji-eun pouted, “I’ve told you thousand times to call me Noona though. I am older than you.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes, “And I’ve told you thousand times, I don’t want to.” Damn. How could he be mean like that? Jungkook knew he sounded like an but he wasn’t going to enter into brother-sister zone with his crush.

“Why?” Lee Ji-eun titled her head.

Jungkook shrugged, “Because I don’t want to.” He gave her vague reason. Heck, the day he expressed his feeling was the day he has good job and he could see Lee Ji-eun proudly.

“Forget it, kids nowadays don’t have respect to their elders.” 

Jungkook tore his sandwich paper, “You are not my elders, you more like a little sister.” 

Lee Ji-eun shook her heads in disapproval, “Aigoo, you should call someone little sister is when they are younger than you.” She said. She slung her graphic tote bag, it was even bigger than her frame. “I’m going.” 

“Working?” Jungkook asked.

She gave him mysterious smile before went away without saying another words. Jungkook watched her back lost from his sight. “Sometimes you should dream something you can obtain.” Jungkook almost jumped out. He glared toward Wendy who opened the back door. “Also I think it’s unsanitary to eat beside the trash can.”

“Why all the people in our café are weirdo?”

Wendy shrugged, “We have Ailee-eonni as boss, do you expect something different?” she took out the plastic bag, and dumped it into the trash can. “I’m sorry to inform you this but we need you on coffee machine.”

Jungkook crumpled the sandwich paper and threw it away, “I miss Seulgi Noona. She is lucky to have day off today.”

“I miss her too.” She clasped his shoulder, “You know if you really like her you should tell her that. You don’t want to lost your chance.” She suggested.

Jungkook raised his brow, but he followed Wendy to the employee lounge just to wish he went directly to coffee machine because he saw Myungsoo scolded Taehyung for smiling too bright. Taehyung was in the verge of tears. Jungkook planned his escape.

“Jeon Jungkook!” 

“You know Hyung, I even can see nothing if you kill him!”

***

“Please go see your therapist!” Shim Changmin said.

Irene raised her head from the document in front of her to see him standing near the door. Well, Irene had to admit that she deliberately worked slower than usual. She didn’t want to go home.

“Usually I would be happy if you work hard, but usually you will curse me in your head thousand times if I told you to work more. So, I think it’s saved to conclude that you have a problem and using my office as the refuge.” He was right of course. Changmin didn’t become boss in his late twenties for nothing. He was smart only a bit inhumane. Well, very inhumane. “Go home. Because I don’t need crazy employee.”

Irene wanted to hit her boss with the document because who told her to work late when she prefer to stay home? Now, she worked late he told her to go home. Irene would love to say her but once she said that Changmin would kick her .

So, she did the logical thing. Obey and go home. She wouldn’t be so surprise if her mother would call their aunts heck even her great-great ancestor to give her speech about disappointment during dinner with The Bogum’s family. 

“Hey, I am sorry.” Irene surprised with Sungjong’s appearance in front of the Apartment building. 

“For what?” Irene still in trance, why? Because for once, all the divine creature decided to give her Sungjong than her mother and the ancestor. 

Sungjong’s scratched his nape, “Ditching you suddenly.” He answered nervously. 

Well, ditching by Sungjong was the last thing in her mind, why? After the last three days torment from her mother, The thing that Sungjong did was one of the kindest.

“You know what, you are ditching me is one of the kindest thing human being ever do to me this week.” She said.

Sungjong chuckled, “Really? I think it should be the waiter that have charming smile in your friend café.” Sungjong .

Irene groaned, “Oh my god!” her face flushed in red if she remembered the last thing she told Taehyung, “Why did I tell him I like a mature and charming man as my boyfriend.” She moaned pitifully.

Sungjong chuckled, “Wow, I don’t know it would escalate so fast.”

“It didn’t!” Irene denied but realizing that she made mistake as she saw Sungjong’s smile became wider. “Oh my god, you think I’m still in denial right?”

“Are you?” 

“Yes, no I mean no.” Irene stuttered. Damn it, Sungjong had the way to make her face her feeling. Irene sighed helplessly, “I am pathetic. You know, I don’t want to have crush on him.”

“Why?” 

“Because he is 22. He hasn’t graduate from university yet. He hasn’t enter the society and get the job, heck he hasn’t even enlisted for military yet!” Irene mentioned all the reason in her mind to Sungjong and to herself. In case her heart decided it was safe to like Taehyung. “Also I like older man, tall, handsome, believe in equality, also and architect.”

“Why architect?”

Irene shrugged, “Nothing because no architect would have face as gorgeous as Taehyung. Oh my god, I might sound a bit crazy right?”

“Yes, but I think if you have rough week it justify a bit of craziness.” Sungjong patted her shoulder. “Also I think age is just a number. It’s not his fault that he borne years after you.”

“But I feel like cradle robber.”

“Well you are not. I think love is love, we lived in society that judge too much, but honey, I think you are fine the way you are.” He tilted his head, “And I think he is attractive fella, and I’m sorry to break it to you but you are already crushing hard on him.”

Irene groaned and she had this urge to bang her head, “I am a shallow woman, I am attracted to beauty face.” People said the first step was acceptance and here Irene admitted she is shallow woman.

You want her to admit actually she attracted to Kim Taehyung because he was Taehyung right? Don’t push it pal. It took a lot mental ability just to accept this, it might took her longer to admit that.

Sungjong only patted her back in sympathetically,  “Everyone is attracted to beauty face somehow, but it doesn’t necessary mean you will fall to that person.”

Irene was horrified, she buried her head into her hand, “Don’t give me idea!” she shook her head, “Right now what I need is not boyfriend, but how to survive my sister wedding.”

“You can always bring Taehyung if you think their question is insufferable. You can dress him as an architect, and your parent would off from your back.” 

Irene stared flatly, “I am not going to have cliché romance movie route.” She was annoyed right now, “You and the owner of café we visited said the same thing.”

Sungjong chuckled, “I think we will have blast time if we meet.” Then he kindly reminding Irene about the fact, “Having feeling is not something that your brain should worry about, it’s all with your heart.” 

Irene wanted to say that he doesn’t need to say that because her heart had its own system to facilitate her feeling toward Taehyung while her poor brain trying to insert common sense here. 

“Also the important thing he is legal and single, so no one should feel offended or at least they don’t have right to bring you to police.”

***