Chapter 2

Always

Chapter 2

 

It has been almost a month since I had exchanged my kkt with HM. His looks somewhat resembles someone I know but I don’t think that that person uses Tinder so I just brushed it. Maybe they just resemble each other.

 

Since then we had been contacting each other. We tell each other what happens in the day and how we are feeling. Coincidentally, we almost had the same schedule for our classes. We never told each other where we go to school nor where we live. We just gave general information like “I live at Seoul” “I study at Seoul”. Things like that. We keep things in private. It’s weird that this stranger had been keeping me comfortable and somewhat secure. I am the type of person who is awkward even in messaging. But with him I felt at ease. I haven’t talked about this HM guy to any of my friends. I didn’t even told anyone that I am using tinder. I had used tinder.

 

We are currently at the student lounge of the school. I am seated on the couch while Daniel was occupying most of the space. I had my back on the wall and currently exchanging messages with HM. He is currently at his University but his class got cancelled so he said he is currently at the library. He wanted to study but he said he also wanted to talk with me. I then told him that I am still waiting for my next period since this is my break time.

 

Hyojung noticed that I kept on tapping on my phone and never took my eyes of it. “Are you playing?” She asked me. “Nu-uh” I answered back as I type my reply to HM. “Then why do you keep on typing? You aren’t the texting type. Who are you messaging?” She went beside me and I covered my phone. She is trying to snatch my phone from me. Daniel noticed this and tried to snatch it away from me too. In the end, they got my phone.

 

“HM?” They asked in unison as they read my messages. Good thing I always delete my messages and I haven’t said anything weird to HM today. “Who is HM? Is he the reason you changed your name to Soojung? and had been using that Minnie Mouse as your display photo?” Hyojung asked as she scrolled through my phone.

 

“Hey, HM looks like Hwang Minhyun of Psych Department. I heard you had like 4 classes together. Are you guys dating?” Daniel asked as he showed me the display photo of HM. I didn’t even noticed he changed his KKT photo. 

 

“Do they really look a like? I already saw the resemblance, but I am not really sure. I haven’t met HM yet. And I don’t intend to.” I snatch my phone back.

 

“Hey? Don’t tell me, you haven’t met that HM guy? How did you knew him then?” Hyojung’s question kept going.

 

“Tinder” I whispered wishing no one heard it. “TINDER!???” As soon as I said the words, Ong repeated my answer. I guess his class is now over that’s why he is here. “Hyesoo? You are using tinder??” He sat beside me. “Used.” I corrected him. “I only did it once. HM was the only guy I swiped right” I looked at my watch and told them that I already have my next class.

 

“You are leaving already??” Ong whined. “Yes. I need to study harder to reach my dreams. Bye!” I waved to them and walked away. I heard Ong still whining that he just came and I am leaving already. “Hyesoo, annyeong.” A guy with chubby cheeks greeted me. He is from the arts department same as Daniel and Ong. I got to meet him before when I watched some shows by their department. “Hello.” I bowed to him. “If you are looking for the Dumb and dumber, they are at the back.”

 

“oh! Thank you! I was really looking for them!” He ran towards them. And I could hear their conversation even if I am almost out of the lounge. They are so loud.

 

—————————————————-

 

“Why did Hyesoo left already?” Jaehwan asked. “She had a class, that’s the excuse she gave.” Hyojung stated. 

 

“But she was just avoiding our questions to her” Ong continued.

 

“I might think she really is dating.” I shook my head. “I can’t believe she is dating a fine man!” I am still shocked when I saw who she was talking to at her kkt. And not just a simple talk. They started talking this morning. Hyesoo is not even the messaging type of person.

 

“Ehh? Hyesoo is dating?” Jaehwan suddenly, looked disappointed. “Hey, why are getting sad?” I poked his shoulder.

 

“Minhyun likes Hyesoo. But Hyesoo doesn’t even talk with him. He even asked me to ask Hyesoo to be part of the broadcasting club, so they could have more time together.” Jaehwan’s deep sigh made me laugh. I patted his back.

 

“Hyesoo is dating Minhyun. Don’t you know?” I smiled at him.

 

“Really? Since when?” Jaehwan tilted his head trying to remember something. “Last time Minhyun told me, Hyesoo just looked at him and just said ‘hmm’ ‘yeah’ or just shrugging at him and would avoid him most of the time”

 

“Oh! That was during our MT!” Hyojung then started talking about what happened during their MT.

 

“Jisung Sunbae invited Hyesoo to the MT. She brought me a long because I am her bestfriend and that is the MT of our department. When we arrived there, there are a lot of people already. We got to the bus one by one. Minhyun was sitting by the window. Hyesoo even stopped for awhile. At first I thought she just stopped because she is looking for an empty seat. Now thinking about it, I didn’t knew she liked Minhyun. Minhyun was about to say something when Hyesoo pulled me to the back seat. I asked Minhyun what he was about to say but he told me that he wasn’t going to ask anything. I just shrugged everything thinking it was normal.”

 

“Is that all that happened?”

 

“uuhh? When we arrived at the resort. Hyesoo chose to read a book while I went with everyone. Minhyun was also left in the room reading. When I came back I asked what Hyesoo did she do when I was gone. She just said that she read her book. Minhyun was still there. And when the drinking started Minhyun kinda, asked a lot of questions to Hyesoo but she was just staring at him. I didn’t find it weird coz that is Hyesoo with strangers.”

 

“Can’t believe it! She is dating someone after him!” I clapped my hands as I was really happy that she had finally moved on.

 

“Who is him?” Jaehwan was really confused and Ong also asked the same question. “Uhh—“ I wasn’t sure what I was going to tell them. I should have just shut my mouth.

 

“Kang Freaking Daniel! Don’t you dare say that Kim Jonghyun’s name!” Hyojung said. As soon as she realized what she said she cover as if it will take everything back.

 

“Kim Jonghyun??” Ong asked, trying to validate his new discovery. “Who is Kim Jonghyun?” Jaehwan asked full of confusion.

 

“uuhh. I am not sure if I should talk about him. Hyesoo doesn’t like talking about him” I apologized. It has been a while since that name has been brought up.

 

Ong opened his big mouth. Trying to figure things out. “Kim Jonghyun? Isn’t he the one from the Dance Class before? The one at the hip hop class that Hyesoo was in? He is also from Art Department right?”

 

“Aahh! He is a dancer! Maybe Hyesoo date him?” Ong continued his theory. “During highschool?? Wait, Hyesoo never dated!”

 

“Who says?” Hyojung said.

 

“You and Daniel”

 

“They never dated” I stated. “They just had feelings... that are now gone” I sigh. “Hyesoo’s dream was to become an idol. She actually wanted to enter the Art Department. She also liked Psychology but her passion is with the Arts and Crafts. She and Jonghyun planned on admitting together but things happened and Hyesoo felt that the idol path isn’t for her.”

 

“hmm. If you are saying Kim Jonghyun of Art Department and he dances hip hop, that Jonghyun must have been Minhyun’s childhood friend.” Jaehwan was now shaking his head. “They are really close then to like the same girl”