Charmed by You

Charmed by You

It was a gloomy Fall evening when Dahyun decided to go to the nearest convenience store to buy some snacks. It had been raining all day, making her instantly regret not wearing a warmer coat after she felt the chilly weather.

The wind was blowing fiercely, making the windows whistle in a frightening way. Dahyun wasn’t easily scared, but the empty roads and the flickering street lights sent shivers down her spine.

It felt like the beginning of a horror movie.

She hastened her steps, mentally scolding herself for thinking this was a good idea. She considered going back home, but the store was closer than her house at this point. Besides, she was really craving for some good old chocopies.

“It’s okay, Dahyun. It’s just the wind, you’ll be fine.” She reassured herself.

She kept muttering encouraging words to herself, but all of sudden, something made her shift her attention to the cloudy sky.

From that distance, she couldn’t really tell what she had just seen, but there was definitely something floating wildly above her head.

“What the…” Dahyun squint her eyes, trying to figure out what the hell was that.

It kind of looked like a person…?

Dahyun didn’t have too much time to think, because the flying thing suddenly changed its course, now going down rapidly, quickly closing the gap between them.

Dahyun should start running away, but she suddenly felt her body freeze. She couldn’t move. It was going down faster each passing second. Oh my God, she wouldn’t be able to dodge it. It was too fast…

Wait.

 Somehow in between the shock, Dahyun finally recognized what that was – who that was. It was…

“WATCH OUT!”

It was too late. The girl fell heavily over Dahyun with a loud thud.

“Oh my god, are you okay?” She heard a voice worriedly ask, but she felt too dizzy to answer.

“Please don’t die,” The girl cried.

That was the last thing Dahyun heard before she lost consciousness. 


Dahyun opened her eyes slowly, immediately regretting after she felt a painful throb on the back of her head. She closed her eyes again, softly massaging the aching spot to ease the pain.

“Oh, you’re finally awake!”  She heard a familiar voice happily exclaim, “I found some ice in the fridge.”

Dahyun opened her eyes again; they were still blurry from the pain though. When her sight became clear, she realized she was in her own bedroom, lying down in her own bed.

“Where are your parents?” She asked, “You should probably see a doctor tomorrow, it’s better not to risk it.”

She sat on the edge of the bed and handed Dahyun the ices cubes, who promptly accepted and put them on her bruise. With lights on,  Dahyun could now see clearly whom that face belonged to.

It was none other than Minatozaki Sana.

Minatozaki Sana wasn’t just any girl. Not only she was the most popular girl at school, object of desire of 9 in 10 students, but she also happened to be the person Dahyun had been crushing on since her freshmen year.

She was also the person that Dahyun least expected to be anything other than normal.

Dahyun could have asked a thousand questions, but at that moment, only one thing came to her mind.

“How do you know where I live?”

Sana blushed. “We study at the same school, don’t we? It’s normal.”

No, it was definitely not normal.

Dahyun tried to remember if she knew any of her classmates’ addresses, but nothing came to her mind. She found it even weirder, considering Sana was one grade above her, but she decided there were things more important to worry about now.

“So, what exactly happened before?”

“Oh, I lost control of my broomstick,” She said, nonchalantly, “I’m sorry for hitting you.”

“Wait, what?”

“Oh, right. ” Sana noticed Dahyun’s confused expression and slapped her forehead softly. “I’m a witch.”

Dahyun blinked at Sana, who blinked at Dahyun. Then, they were followed by an awkward silence that lasted at least two minutes.

Dahyun closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. “Pinch me.”

“What?”

“I said pinch me.”

“But why–“

“Just do it!” Dahyun exclaimed.

“O-okay.” Sana hesitantly reached Dahyun’s hand and pinched it as she was asked.

“Ouch! That hurt!”

“I-I’m sorry!” Sana apologized.

“So it’s not a dream after all…” Dahyun touched the bridge of her nose trying to process the information.

“Of course not!” Sana chuckled, excitedly.

“Do you really think you should’ve told me that so easily?” Dahyun wondered, somehow being calmer than she’d expect after such  big revelation, “Aren’t you, like, supposed to keep it a secret?”

“Oh.” Sana covered with both hands, but it was too late for that.  “Damn, I did it again.”

Again? Do you go around telling people you’re a witch?” Dahyun worriedly asked.

“No!” She pouted cutely and Dahyun wanted to scream because of how adorable it was. “Sometimes…it just slips out.”

Dahyun giggled. She wondered how she ended up falling for such clumsy girl…

“But hey!” Sana held Dahyun’s hand, making the girl freeze. “You believe me!”

“W-well…after what happened, it would be weird if I didn’t.”

“You’re the first one who believes me.” Sana confessed, looking down. “The other ones preferred to believe they were going crazy…or that I was the crazy one.”

“Must be hard.”

“It is.” She sighed.

Noticing the mood getting down, Dahyun tried to change the subject.

“So, can you do magic?”

“ ‘Course I can!!What type of witch do you think I am?”

“The type who falls off their broomstick.” She teased.

“Ya! That was an accident!” She punched Dahyun softly and her lips turned into a pout.

“A very painful one.” Dahyun grimaced and touched the back of her head.

“I-I’m sorry,” Dahyun instantly regretted teasing Sana, after seeing the guilt in her eyes. “Oh, I know a spell that can heal your bruise!” She happily clapped her hands. “Stay still.”

“A-are you sure?” Something inside Dahyun was telling her that wasn’t a smart idea.

“Trust me.” The younger girl nodded, and the witch grabbed something that looked like a wand from her hoodie’s pocket. Dahyun thought that this couldn’t get any more stereotyped.

Sana cleared and started saying some words in a language Dahyun had never heard before. She pointed her wand at Dahyun, before finishing the spell with a soft poke on Dahyun’s head.

The pain, as Sana promised, went away. However, Dahyun felt that her head became heavy, very heavy.

“Oh my God.”

“W-what’s wrong?” Dahyun fearfully asked after seeing Sana’s eyes widening in shock. “Sana, what’s wrong?”

“I-I’m gonna fix that.” She said, grabbing her wand again.

“Fix what?” Dahyun froze. Sana stayed silent.

Dahyun breathed in and decided to see (or feel) for herself. She slowly moved her hand towards the spot the bruise was placed before. When she finally touched her head, she didn’t feel any pain anymore, but she felt something much worse.

Healing a bruise from hitting your head was nothing compared to the trouble that removing a goddamn horn would cause.

That’s right. A long and heavy horn was what Dahyun found when she touched her head.

Truly amazing.

“Don’t worry, I can totally fix that.” Sana comforted Dahyun, who kept touching the horn, looking terrified.

 Once again, Sana started saying words in a foreign language. Dahyun wanted to protest, afraid of what could happen this time, but she had no other choice. It’s not like she could keep on having a damn horn coming out of her head.

Dahyun thought nothing could be as bad as having a horn on her head. Apparently she was wrong, because having two horns was far worse.

“I’m sorry, I’ll try again!” Sana said, promptly. “P-please don’t cry,” she said after seeing the shiny beads forming in Dahyun’s eyes, “If you cry, I’m also gonna cry. I can’t do magic when I cry!”

“Apparently you can’t when you’re not crying either,” Dahyun lamented, but instantly regretted having said that after seeing the hurt in Sana’s eyes. “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to–”

“No, you’re right.” She sighed, “I can’t even be called a witch.”

“That’s not true!” Dahyun declared, wiping her tears away, “I mean, just the fact that you can make this, is pretty cool.” She said, pointing at her horns, “Besides, I’ve always wanted to know how having horns felt like.”

Sana giggled and Dahyun felt her heart warm. “Thanks.” Sana said, looking less nervous. “I should be the one comforting you.”

“I don’t think comfort is what I need  right now.”

“Y-you’re right. Let’s get your head back to normal.”

“I know you can do it.” Dahyun affirmed and Sana nodded.

For the third time, Sana started mouthing the now familiar chant, repeating the same process of the other two times. However, she looked much more focused this time and Dahyun could see determination burning in her eyes. She knew she could do it.

And she was right.

“Did it work?”

“It did!” Dahyun replied, running her fingers through her whole head in search of anything weird that could have replaced the horns. “I knew you could do it!”

“I did it, Dahyun! I did it!” Sana exclaimed and then she threw herself on Dahyun’s arms, hugging the girl tightly.  Dahyun reciprocated the hug and they stayed like that for a few seconds.

After while, they seemed to realize how awkward that felt, so they slowly pulled away from the hug, both of them with flushed cheeks.

“I should probably go now.” Sana announced shyly, getting up from the bed.

“R-right, it’s getting late.” Dahyun agreed, following Sana.

Sana walked towards the window and opened it, then grabbed the broomstick that was lying next to the curtain.

“You’re not gonna tell anyone about me, right?”

“Hmm, I don’t know,” Dahyun contemplated, placing one hand on her chin, “You seem a bit dangerous to be flying around so freely like that.” She joked.

Sana smiled. “I’m sorry for running over you. And also for giving you horns,” She looked embarrassed and Dahyun thought that was really cute. She just wanted to hug her again. “But please, don’t talk about anything that happened today, even with friends and family.”

“I won’t say anything.” Sana exhaled, relieved, “Under one condition.” She grinned, raising her index finger.

“W-what is it? I’ll do anything.”

“Go on a date with me.”

“W-what?” That was probably the last thing Sana expected the condition to be. “You want me to go on a date with you?”

“I actually really like you. Like a lot. Since First year,” She confessed, cheeks painted red.

“Y-you like me? After all what happened?”

“All that kinda made me like you more.”

They looked at each other in silence. The lack of an answer was making Dahyun’s heart beat like crazy.

“Do you wanna know how I know where you live?” Sana asked, holding her broomstick so tightly that her knuckles became white. “I’ve been watching you for some time. Even before you joined our school,” She admitted, looking down. “Actually, I was flying earlier because I saw you passing in front of my house.” She explained, averting her eyes from Dahyun’s, “I really like you, Dahyun.”

Dahyun couldn’t believe her ears. “Wow,” That was all Dahyun managed to say, “So, is that a yes? Will you go on a date with me?”

Sana smiled, then closed the gap between them and gave Dahyun’s cheek a soft kiss.

“I’ll go on as many dates as you want,” She declared, mounting on her broomstick and jumping out of the window. “Good night, Dahyun.”

“Good night, Sana.” Dahyun waved with one hand, while the other was touching the cheek Sana’s lips had touched, her kiss still lingering.

Sana waved back and left with an unsteady pace. Dahyun hoped she wouldn’t fall this time.

She finally figured out why she liked Sana so much.

 It was because of her many charms.


i should probably be focusing on my other fanfic, but the ideas keep coming up lol

if you liked this, you'll probably like my other saida fic

thanks for reading, hope you enjoy <3