Nicest Thing

Nicest Thing

~Nicest thing~

 

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYWv_NSBZQI&feature=related

 

 

 Listen while reading

You and Onew met up early down town. The stores were just about to open. You were still feeling a bit sleepy but Onew was so hyped about the two of you going for a special shopping round today.

“Hurry up, I want to be there when they open,” Onew ushered you. When you still didn’t increase the tempo of your steps he grabbed your hand and pulled you with him. You smiled secretly behind him. You knew he would do that.

 

Onew pressed his hands against the glass and leaned his forehead against it.

“Wow,” he breathed and his breath left a print of condensation on the window. He stared at all the shiny necklaces and bracelets and rings.

“Onew oppa, they’re opening.” You waved him to the door. One of the employees of the jewellery store opened the door for you and Onew, and the two of you entered.

 

Onew ran straight to the section with rings.

“Come and look at this!” he called and you walked to stand by his side. You looked at all the beautiful finger ornaments in the glass showcase. “Which one do you like?”

“They are all so… beautiful,” you half whispered. A shop assistant came to stand on the other side of the cabinet.

“Would you like to try anything on?” she asked politely. You and Onew looked hard to see if there were any rings that stood out from the many rings.

“How about that one?” Onew pointed. You shook your head.

“Not enough.”

“Hmm… that one?” He pointed at one in the far corner of the showcase. You bent forward to get a good look at it.

“No, too much!”

 

Onew pointed at several rings but none of them were good enough.. you even tried a few of them on, but they just weren’t right. Just as the saleswoman put the ring back you spotted something in the drawer she pulled out. You stopped her before she could close it again.

“What’s that?” you asked.

“This one?” the woman asked and you nodded. “Oh, that’s a ring from a local smith. It’s one of a kind.”

“May I see it?” you asked modestly.

“Of course.” The saleswoman took the ring out of the drawer and gave it to you.

“What is it?” Onew peeked over your shoulder. You opened your hand and showed the ring to him. You both looked at it in silence.

“It’s not much…” the woman began.

“No, this is the one,” Onew breathed. “Try it on.”

 

You slowly did as you were told. You picked the ring up from the palm of your hand and slid it onto your left ring finger. You gasped.

“It’s perfect,” you whispered. Onew turned to the woman.

“Does it have a match?” he asked eagerly. She nodded and gave it to him. He immediately put it on. He stood quiet for a few seconds. You got a little worried.

“Onew…?” You lightly touched his shoulder and he turned to face you. He looked you in the eyes and a happy smile spread across his face.

“It’s like it’s made for me,” he said. Then he started to jump up and down. “I AM SO HAPPYYY…..!” he screamed.

“Onew…” you tried to shush him but he just grabbed your waist, lifted you up and spun around on the spot, your legs dangling in the air. Eventually he put you down while still hugging you tightly.

“I’m so happy,” he whispered. You gently hugged him back. You were going to miss this.

 

~>:<~

 

You peeked through the door. Everyone was waiting for the ceremony to begin.

“Yah!” You turned around as a familiar voice called out for you.

“Onew? What are you doing here? It’s going to start any minute now,” you whispered.

“I know, I-I just wanted to thank you… for everything.” He gave you a small smile before bending forward and giving you a peck on the cheek. You couldn’t move. The music began to play. It was time.

“Now go.” You ushered Onew forward with your hand and he waved vaguely while giving you a smile and disappearing out of sight. You took a deep breath and plastered a smile on your face before going through the door and facing the audience.

 

You walked down the aisle with a happy smile on your face. Could everyone see it was fake? You kept your mask on as you stood by the altar, waiting for the bridal couple.

 

They both looked so happy where they stood next to each other by the altar, stealing glances at each other and sharing secret smiles. When it was time for the couple to exchange the rings you felt a tear roll down your cheek. The one where Onew had just kissed you. And it wasn’t tears of joy. No matter how hard you tried you couldn’t bring yourself to be happy for them. They were your best friends, and you were the one who had brought them together. You had promised yourself never to get in their way.

 

You, the maid of honor, turned your head away as the love of your life and your best friend in the entire world shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYWv_NSBZQI&feature=related