A Visit from the Stork (Blackpink, Chaesoo, fpreg)

Once upon a time...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo was obviously very excited about something and needed to talk to Chaeyoung right away.  Chaeyoung shut off the TV and followed Jisoo into her room, wondering what could possibly be this urgent on a Saturday morning when Jennie and Lisa weren’t even up yet.

Jisoo had Chaeyoung sit on the bed, went and closed and locked the door, and came and stood in front of Chaeyoung, her hands folded.

“Chaeyoung,” she said, “I’m four days late.”

Chaeyoung blinked, not sure exactly what Jisoo was saying here.

“My period,” Jisoo elaborated, “is four days late.”

Chaeyoung breathed a sigh of understanding.  “That happens sometimes.  You’ve been under a lot of stress lately and...”

“No!” Jisoo interrupted.  “Maybe it happens to you, but my period has never been late, going all the way back to when I first got my period.  Every 28 days, regular as clockwork.”

Chaeyoung looked hesitantly at Jisoo, willing her to go on with some explanation that would make this all make sense.

“My period is four days late,” Jisoo repeated, “and I haven’t been with anybody but you.  I thought you said you were on the pill.”

“I am,” Chaeyoung said, more confused than ever.  “Dr. Lee started me on the pill to stop my cramps.”

“But I thought...,” Jisoo said, starting to pace back in forth in front of Chaeyoung, clutching her head, “I thought this couldn’t happen when you were on the pill.”

“Thought what couldn’t happen?”

Jisoo stopped in front of Chaeyoung, her face a mask of stunned disbelief.  “Jeez, Chaeng!  Did your church make you go to abstinence-only ed?”  Jisoo sat down next to Chaeyoung, took Chaeyoung’s hand in both of hers, and talked as slowly and calmly as she was able.  “If your period is late, it means you’re pregnant, and I haven’t been with anybody but you.  Apparently this happened even though you’re on the pill.  So what I want to know is:  Are you going to do the right thing?”

The more Jisoo talked, the less any of this made sense to Chaeyoung.  “Am I going to what?”

Jisoo snorted with exasperation.  “Obviously I don’t expect you to marry me - though I’d say yes right away if you asked.  I just want to know:  Are you going to be responsible?  Are you going to step up and be a good parent for our baby?”

Chaeyoung understood what Jisoo was saying and yet somehow this still didn’t make sense.  “You can’t get pregnant from two women being together.  It’s impossible.”

Jisoo gestured toward her stomach.  “Impossible or not, it happened.  And I need to know what your intentions are.”

If being with Jisoo had taught Chaeyoung anything, it was how to think on her feet.  “Yes.  Sure.  Of course I want to do the right thing.  I’m just a little surprised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter