Prologue

Where do We Go?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’re getting married.”

The words haunt Seoyul like the sleepless nights that follow the execution of her parents. To be fair, that was when she was eighteen, still flighty and loved her parents a little more than what’s necessary. So, the sleepless nights were allowed—growing children are more prone to trauma.

It feels wrong to have the stupid invitation of her own brother’s wedding haunt her when she’s twenty-eight now and living the best life she would have never dreamt of ten years ago.

“You’re ing crazy,” she tells her brother instead, before chucking off her phone towards the marbled floor with such a force that the phone breaks, tiny little glasses of what used to be the screen scattered all over the floor.

The model is new, and it had costed her several thousand dollars and a few days of waiting just to get it in her hands.

But it doesn’t matter. Jongin can afford her new ones, anyway.

 

***

 

Seoyul thinks that it’s ridiculous that the stories her great-grandfather used to tell her back when she was a little child revolved around people long-ago thinking that the rich don’t really fall in love.

“Most of the rich were unhappy,” her great-grandfather had said, “they were vain and even though they had all the money in the world, they’re usually lonely and greedy. Most of the rich men back then had trophy families. Although not all rich people are like that, most of them are.”

Her great-grandfather had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter